Magnitude 6.9 Earthquake strikes southern California

Norman Black

Thinking about returning
Usually earthquakes don't happen this big around the San Diego area. How did you people feel about it? I just hid under the table and ran outside. The news says there's going to be more earthquakes coming up, does anyone believe it? Here's an article what happened yesterday,

http://www.zimbio.com/Earthquakes/articles/qe4oaNSn6W0/Earthquake+San+Diego+Today

The epicenter of the earthquake was near Mexicali, where it hit 7.2, but hit as far north as Los Angeles.
I was in a building at the time, and it didn't actually feel like much, except everything felt wobbly. I knew it was an earthquake but I didn't feel like walking under a door frame (I was indoors at the time) for fear of losing my footing (I was sitting in a chair at the time).

I heard it hit my area, I did not feel it, but my PE teacher said he felt light headed at the time of the earthquake.

I felt it from the High Desert, but by the time we were hit, it was a rolling earthquake

I heard it was pretty weak as far as SoCal but big in Mexico... Pretty scary though because more earthquakes are probably coming and here in Northern California we're way overdue for a big earthquake with several faults in the area (San Andreas, Hayward, Concord ). So many big earthquakes around teh world lately amkes me feel like the world's ending. Haiti, then Chile, then the Phillipenes, and now Mexico...

It was a wiierdd wavey-wavey rolling feeling. Of course in Redlands it wasn't that intense, but it was still shocking.

That one happened right after Chile actually.

This is just another one of the reasons why I won't live in California if I can help it and none of you guys got hurt right?

T

well at least one good thing happended because of the earthquake, no RHMW at league yay

dragonpokemonpwn said:
Didn't an earthquake strike in Mexico, too?
It's the same earthquake that's being referred to. It registered at about 6.9 in San Diego area, but the epicenter was near Mexicali and was a 7.2.

Back