Magmortar Lv.X

Silver Sea Lugia

Champion Trainer
Everyone talks about Lucario lv.x for mad-lock and MARIO, and a couple decks for Electrivier Lv.X /with Raichu MT.
But what about Magmortar Lv.X? I havn't seen anyone talk about him yet, but what does he work with?
I thought he could work with Infercatty, discards two energys just like Ape, but does 100 to the bench. what do you think?

~Daniel

Mad lock using Lucy Lv. X? I don't think so. Booburn and Delcatty work nicely, as every other attack, you'll have to use Magmortar's attack. Discarding 2 energy from your hand to add to Delcatty. Or there's the Amphy d, Peliper d combo, but that isn't great.

It works nicely with its regular Magmortar counterpart. Burn them with the Lv. X's Scorching Cannon Power, then use Smoke Bomb. Their attack is now contingent on a flip, and they're also flipping in between each turn and having a 50/50 chance of taking 30 (plus 30 from Smoke Bomb). It's basically like you Confused them. If their attack doesn't go through, on your turn you just hit them for 80 with Flame Drum, which will probably be a KO. Whatever they bring up next, you just repeat the cycle-- Burn, Smoke Bomb, Flame Drum. Flame Blaster is a cleaner.

You could also play Arcanine from SD with this, so that when your Magmortar lv. X is about to die, you evolve a benched Growlithe and activate the Arcanine's Power, switching it to the active slot and taking all of Magmortar lv. X's energy. Then you are set to do 120 with Burning Take Down. If they don't KO you on their turn, you could just evolve another benched Growlithe and "baton pass" again, hitting them for another 120 with the 2nd Arcanine.

dont play magby.i play magmorcatty, 4 magmar,3 magmortar,1 lvl x,3 skitty,3 catty pk,1-1 line of magneton pk.it works.t1 magmar w/fire,t2 magmortar w/DRE n fire=t2 70(discard 2 energy)t3 magmortar lvl.x w/DRE,fire+fire.discard dre=90 anywhere.next turn attach another fire to lvl.x and do magmortars 2nd attack.magneton pk recycles.i played this deck and it works.just keep the attacking easy:80 then 100 anywhere repeatedly.

Back