Finished Mafia XXXVI: Werewolves of the Interspectaculars ~ Game Over! Congratulations, Interspectaculars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
0g1YhtI.png

Welcome to Mafia XXXVI, Werewolves of the Interspectaculars! This game is hosted by @PikaMasterJesi and @thegrovylekid (and to an extent, @Celever) and is heavily inspired from Return of the Interspectaculars, a story I’ve been working on for over a year, and we hope to bring you the best game possible!

New players, I highly recommend you read this document so that you don’t get completely overwhelmed halfway through Day 1: Mafia Rules and Terminology
It’ll greatly help your experience when playing the game, as it explains basic rules and most of the shorthands and vocabulary used. If after reading this you still don’t understand the game, feel free to ask any questions in the thread or in your role PM!

For anyone who hasn’t read Return of the Interspectaculars, its main premise is that three young teenagers in the land of Onett, Eagleland were almost killed by an anonymous, mysterious person, and this person will try to kill the three again in three days. The story follows the lives of Amber Tzaziki, Mr. Game, and Ness Michelin in the time from the very first explosion up to the final confrontation.

If you haven’t read it yet, it’s a good idea to get an idea for what this game is based off of. It may be unfinished, but it’s far enough in where most things you’d need to know are finished and uploaded. It can be found here.

Flavour
December 3, 2014 12:01 pm
Academy of the Interspectaculars

The weather wasn’t helping Amber Tzaziki with her bad mood. She was having a hard time in Math class, the kids in her class were being idiots as usual, and she wasn’t even able to sit next to her friends Ness Michelin and Mr. Barry Game and Watch. Instead, she ended up sitting next to the jock who wouldn’t stop throwing paper airplanes. Bored and annoyed, Amber zoned out, thinking of the current state of her high school.

The Academy for the Interspectaculars and the Dark (a rather unconventional name for a building) was a fairly new, advanced high school in Onett, Eagleland. It had been around for seven years and was a school in which everyone in the town hoped to enroll in. It was world-famous for its ways of teaching––through separating the students into two groups and influencing them with heroes and villains––although a few didn’t quite agree that it was necessarily the best thing for confused teenagers. The two sides were always fighting with each other, causing turmoil in the classroom and in assemblies, and some had even become critically injured in fights due to wanting to reign supreme over the other half of the Academy. No one was entirely sure why the sides couldn’t get along, but they didn’t do anything to fix the problem. They accepted it as everyday life and dealt with it as if it were something that were to never disappear. To them, fighting and animosity were second nature.

The entire class was in an uproar because the bell was about to go, and when it did, the halls became a sea of students eager to eat lunch and talk with their friends. Amber, Mr. Game, and Ness simply walked up to the hidden corridor of the school, where an elevator to all the other rooms laid hidden by the home economics room. Amber liked to think that if people could beat each other up in a high school and get away with it, she could break into the staff room and steal from it while getting the same result.

“Amber, where are we going?” asked Mr. Game, a worried look on his face. “I have a terrible feeling about this…”

“We’re storming the staff room, remember? You’re just overthinking it.” Suddenly, a large amount of feedback came from the PA system! Amber, Mr. Game, and Ness cringed in place, taking a few steps backwards.

“Fuzzy pickles, that was loud! Amber, what happened?!” Ness had been caught off-guard by the noise, and his fears didn’t get any better when the lights went out. The stormy clouds had rolled in, and an ominous voice made itself clear through an announcement.

“You don’t know what real fear is, do you? Let me help you with that…” A sinking feeling fell into our three young teenagers. They’d been through some pretty tough times throughout their lives, so they naturally felt attacked by the statement. “We want revenge. You Interspectaculars think you’re everything, don’t you? So we’re going to have a battle to figure out which half of our school really deserves this academy…”

“Bring it on!” shouted Amber, getting hot-headed as usual. “I’ll fight you out in the courtyard! Three o’clock, on the dot! You stupid idiot Darks think you’re the boss of the school and that you can get anything you want! Is that what’s gonna happen this time? Not as long as I’m around!”

“Silly young girl… this isn’t the type of battle you’re thinking of. We all go undercover. We all choose different codenames. No one will know who is who. Each day, we’ll all decide who you want to kill of all of us. We’ll call that… a lynch. Reminds me of lunch. But come night…” The voice laughed menacingly. “We get to kill one of you. A nightkill, one only we Darks can have a say in.”

“A-Amber… I do not want to die…” Mr. Game was sweating heavily and was ready to bust a move. “I am going to escape before anyone claims my life!”

“No one will be escaping. I have already locked everyone in. You’re stuck here until one side is all gone.” The voice cut out, leaving our three teenagers freaked out and desperate to fight back somehow.

“I know what to do, fuzzy pickles. We round up a few of us and fight them back! Anyone got people in mind?”

“I don’t,” answered Amber, “but I came up with a code name at least! I’m gonna call myself PikaMasterJesi!”

“What kind of name is that, fuzzy pickles?” asked Ness. “And how is that even supposed to be spelled?”

“I dunno. I’ll change it later. It sounds kinda weird, anyways, and I don’t know anyone named Jesi.”

“You should know better than to question Amber’s ways...” Mr. Game pulled out his PokéGear and frantically typed messages to the Interspectaculars he was familiar with asking them to fight the Darks with them and assigning them code names and things they could do to help at random.

Rules
1) Don’t delete or edit your posts.
2) You can’t post during the night phase. Everyone needs to sleep at some point.
3) Outside communication is restricted. Exceptions are for certain factions and/or abilities, of which TGK and I will have all access to.
4) Listen to the hosts. Everything we say is the law (or in this case, the school code of conduct), unless one of us made a mistake.
5) Don’t go making fun of or harassing others.
6) Please actually make posts to progress the game. Just because likes are allowed in this game doesn’t mean we’re going to stand for a lack of discussion from it.
7) Just enjoy yourself!

Breaking one of these rules will result in a warning. Breaking them again will get you modkilled by either one of my many OCs or TGK’s insanely overpowered, godlike D&D Grovyle. There may be an escalated penalty depending on the offence.

Factions
There are two main factions in this game:
The Interspectaculars play the role of Town here. Your faction’s goal is to eliminate all the Darks and the mysterious individual.
The Darks play the role of Mafia/Werewolves/Scum here. Your faction’s goal is to outnumber the Interspectaculars at the beginning of any phase.
There is an individual role in this game.

Mechanics
This game follows typical Mafia mechanics. The only difference is that each player on The Darks will submit their own nightkill, only for one to be decided on to go through. Each role comes with at least one active ability and one passive ability (with possible exceptions), and some flavour. Players aligned with the Darks will receive a safeclaim, and the game will follow standard day and night cycles.
Day phases will last 4 days, or 96 hours. Nights will last for two days, or 48 hours.

To vote, type ##VERB: (player name). You can use any word in place of the VERB (ex. ##GINGERBREADCOOKIES: PikaMasterJesi; ##Voting As An Example: PikaMasterJesi), and your vote must be in bold. This makes it easier for me to keep track of when a vote is cast, as I’m bound to miss things. You must unvote before voting another person using ##UNVERB: (player name) (ex. ##UNGINGERBREADCOOKIES: PikaMasterJesi; Un-Voting As An Example: PikaMasterJesi) I’d much prefer for you guys to use ##UNVOTE: (player name, as it makes it easier for me to read (hence why bold is also required), but if you make it clear you’re unvoting while using a verb, that’s fine too.

It's possible that there are duplicate roles on the town.

Sample Role
You are Amber Tzaziki, a young, hotheaded 12-year old girl aligned with The Interspectaculars. You’ve already figured out what you can and can’t do for this turf war that’s going on, but you’ve decided to forge what Mr. Game referred to as a role PM for the sake of forging one.

(Roles were gonna have art, but time was a prick and didn’t let me finish in time. Stupid time limits.)

Active Ability: Not-So-Sneaky Spying
When you were a child, you worked for just about every evil baddie out there, whether it be Bowser, Eggman, or even Team Rocket. Your childishness was used for lots of spying missions, and although you’ve forgotten most of what you learned, you still remember enough to do some decent sneaking around here. Once per night, you may PM the hosts a name. You will learn who targeted this player on that night.

Passive Ability: Guardian’s Insight
Your strong bond with Mr. Game has led the two of you to learn each other like a book. You know almost everything about his past life and interests, and have even gained the ability to know when something bad is happening to Mr. Game (although you don’t use that ability all that well). If you vote for Mr. Game, you will be alerted through PM.

Win Condition: Kill all who pose a threat to the Interspectaculars.

Character List
Because this is based off a fan-fiction I’ve written, some who know the plot of RotI may be at an advantage. And because of this, I’m writing a character list of every possible role there can be in this game. Safeclaims are included on this list.
A hot-headed girl who often gets ahead of herself and isn’t afraid to instantly resort to violence against anyone, Amber Tzaziki is a 12-year old girl who lives with Mr. Game in some pretty extreme poverty. Despite how she may rub people the wrong way, she has good intentions and will do anything to protect her friends. She also has a copy ability that’s pretty cool.
At first sight, Mr. Game doesn’t exactly seem like someone you’d be likely to socialize with, and that’s understandable. Having lived an entire life of poverty and suffering, the 13-year old often has low self-esteem and tends to be quiet, keeping to himself. Although he may go the wrong way about trying to be “the hero” every now and then, he’s a nice person on the inside. He’s just blinded every now and then by his desires.
Ness Michelin is a PSI-powered 13-year old who has a strong mind for technology and romance movies, something you’d think only adults would be into. However, he also has an unbreakable habit of saying “fuzzy pickles” in his sentences and other “tics” which are significantly less prominent. He’s in a relationship with Amber as of this game.
A precocious 11-year old psychic with the power of PSI, Paula was a once-kind person who was forever changed by her encounter with Giygas, changing her to make her a cruel bully to everyone around her. However, she has managed to fight the tampering and has done her best to benefit others through her insults and attacks on people. She pursued Mr. Game for a week back in August 2014, which made him fear her.
An 11-year old girl who is the proud sister of Ness Michelin, Tracy doesn't show up often around him and his friends, but when she does, she enjoys messing with her brother. She's currently in middle school and works at Escargot Express outside of school hours, which most likely cause her absences.
Sakura is a confident 13-year old who is very logical with her thinking but has a bit of a short temper. She, like Benjamin, also lives under the influence of Allen Catraz, and often serves as his co-counsel. Sakura is very protective of Benjamin, but sometimes her temper can get the best of her when she feels he’s being attacked.
Former principal of The Academy of the Interspectaculars and the Dark, Dr. Eggman once had a crushing grip on the way things worked in the Academy and helped contribute to the animosity between the two student halves. He once had a plot to take over Nintendopolis using the parents of Mr. Game, having hypnotized them in order to gain their influence in the plan, but that all went down the drain when Mr. Game managed to confront him and break the trance. Since then, the doctor has been in hiding, jumping from base to base and plotting the war with the Darks.
The girlfriend of Mr. Game, Emily is a bit quieter and more on the feminine side. She loves spending her time with her boyfriend whenever she can, even if Amber doesn't approve, and she isn't really seen outside the classroom by Amber or Ness, although she did end up in a televised court case regarding the deaths of her parents with Mr. Game, which was believed to be their fault.
Annoying, obnoxious, loud. Need I say more? Many people don't like Kooper, and they have good reason. She doesn’t pop up much, to the relief of Mr. Game, but when she does, get ready for Screech Central. Aside from being known for how much food she hogs in the cafeteria, she over exaggerates things a lot and people try not to pay attention to her when possible.
Those who have animosity towards Kooper Kamokawa will be relieved to hear that her older brother is nowhere near the annoyance she is. Quiet and introverted, he seems to know Kooper really isn’t as bad as she seems (though that one will take a ton of convincing and lots of strong evidence), and he’s always been looking for a friend. Back in August 2014, he thought he had finally found two in Amber and Ness, but they seemed to leave hm behind and that caused a lot of inner turmoil. He hasn't been around at school all that much and can typically be found sulking in the halls.
Mrs. Fit is that one nice teacher in a school filled with indifferent, celebrity teachers. The proud owner of Wii Fit and the current vice principal, as well as the universal Physical Education teacher, she’s arguably the best on the Academy’s staffing team. She happens to be close with Amber, Mr. Game, and Ness after an incident on the first day of school.
The rare unknown teacher in the Academy, Mr. Baker is a student teacher on the Dark side of things who hopes to someday teach Chemistry 11. He was a friend of the Cloviet family back when he was growing up in Nookville, Lamina, and even though he still recognizes him to this day, he never really remembers anyone important from his youth except his family. Despite being a Dark teacher, Mr. Baker has no idea what it means and completely ignores anything attributed to them in any way.
Mr. Watch is a mysterious man whose life was only chronicled until the birth of his son, Barry. Having spent his teenage years as a famous youth chef, he was hypnotized almost immediately after his wife was allowed to take Mr. Game home in a dark, scary alley. Under hypnotism, he’s a smug man with extreme bias for the Interspectaculars, as they’re supposed to be the “good guys”, but at heart he’s a protective father who strives to spend any time with his son as possible to make up for the thirteen years he missed. He's currently the principal at the Academy, as well as the Interspectaculars Home Economics teacher.
A former freight worker in Hocotate, the Interspectaculars Math teacher is a kind soul who gets very strict when he has to go that far. Olimar is mainly known for having caused Mr. Game and Emily to be arrested after an incident of hinting at the death of Emily’s parents, and his Pikmin do a lot of office work, but spend class time working full-time as counting manipulatives.
The famous inventor and Interspectaculars Science teacher, Dr. Light often dabbles in anatomy and biology of various Hocotate creatures in the classroom. He takes pride in the tools he uses and always gets excited over robots, sometimes even sitting in on the Interspectaculars Robotics classes during his prep blocks. Mega Man, on the other hand, was placed in a closet sent to Dr. Light from the Capcom world for over ten years and was only recently just rebooted to help fend in the war the students have caused.
Sonic the Hedgehog is the fastest being in Nintendopolis. Not only that, but he’s the really new Interspectaculars History teacher, being assisted by none other than Mario himself. His cocky nature has subsided a little in the classroom, and his relationship with Amy Rose has complicated his teaching a bit, but nothing holds down this boy for long, even if his Speed Shoes are stolen off his feet.
Benjamin isn’t your typical teenager. Ever since he was seven, he’s been under the influence of Allen Catraz, a famous defence attorney, and he’s used his unique ability of seeing peoples' memories through their eyes to find the truths to crimes. He’s a kind boy who loves gingerbread cookies and justice, and he’s a good friend if you can get past his challenges.
No one really knows much about this mysterious person. Their dark cloak covers any part that would be identifiable, and their only known presence is throughout the Academy and the threatening notes they wrote aimed at Amber, Mr. Game, and Ness. Their identity has been a debate to the public for a while, but only the three heroes of the Interspectaculars know who they really are––a secret that will never escape unless Mr. Stalk-It Note chooses to reveal themselves.

Player List
1) Camoclone Lynched Day 4 ~ Mr. Barry Game and Watch
2) quakingpunch73 Professor Palutena Lynched Day 2 ~ Kooper Kamokawa
3) bbninjas Lynched Day 5 ~ Mr. James Watch
4) PMJ
5) scattered mind Killed Night 7 ~ Dr. Thomas Light and Mega Man
6) simsands Died Night 2 ~ Ness Michelin
7) Squirtle Squad Lynched Day 1 ~ Amber Tzaziki
8) GM Draclord
9) double o Squirtle Lynched Day 3 ~ Olimar and Pikmin
10) NinjaPenguin Keeper of Night Killed Night 5 ~ Jeremy Baker
11) Ice Espeon Killed Day 7 ~ Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik
12) Luispipe8 Mr.Muffin Lynched Day 6 ~ Mr. Stalk-It Note
13) Frosstoise Reinforce Killed Night 3 ~ Janitored
14) King Xerneas Killed Night 6 ~ Emily Quartam
15) Jabberwock
16) Skyleaf2000 TheAnticipationEevee Lynched Day 8 ~ Paula Polestar

Subs
1) Reinforce Subbed in Day 1
2) Keeper of Night Subbed in Day 1
3) Professor Palutena Subbed in Day 2
4) TheAnticipationEevee Subbed in Night 3
5) Mr.Muffin Subbed in Night 3
6) This could be you! ^v^

This game has spots for 16 players. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to accommodate for anyone else who wants to join once signups are full due to a lack of spare characters to use, but I can put you in as a sub. Thanks for checking out this game, and I hope you guys enjoy Mafia XXXVI!

By the way, shoutouts to @thegrovylekid and @Celever for helping with roles and the game in general! Sucks you guys can’t play, but at least we’re helping the game be better for those who can!

Last edited:
/in. I'm excited to play my first Day 1 and 2 on here. What day is the game starting?

Last edited:
Put me down as a sub for now since work is going to be busy for the next couple of weeks o/

What day is the game starting?
From what it looks like, signups could be filled up anytime today, so after that, with roles going out and everything, I think it'll start somewhere around tomorrow or Saturday. It's just an estimate, though, and sometimes those are off for me.
Put me down as a sub for now since work is going to be busy for the next couple of weeks o/
Can do. I'll whip up a list for it now, actually.

I can't believe it. I went to bed late last night, and just like that, we only have four spots left! Didn't expect signups to go that fast.

/in

I'm sure this game will be ... spectacular. :L

yes I did already use that pun. yes I will shamelessly use it again. ^.^

Guys, we only need one more person! If you know anyone who wants to play, go tell them to sign up! If we get another person, I can start handing out roles before 12:00 pm PST!
Oh yeah, should mention the game will have time deadlines in PST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back