Finished Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were town then it would be super easy and faster to just quote him so why go to the trouble of selectively copy pasting it and how could a Pokémon ranger be shoved to the role of vanilla instead of having a super cool Pokémon ranger type ability

Why would there be a reason you can’t claim? Unless your ability is you can’t reveal your ability but in that case in not revealing your ability you revealed it by giving us the info that you can’t reveal it therefore your ability is not the ability to be unable to reveal your ability
That hurt to read

where’s your win condition
Why couldn’t you just quote PMJ to say that?
Shhh, I've been asleep most of the day in pain. I'm forgetful. :p Here it is.

You are Rose Bersalk, and you are a Patient Competitor. As a Rank 10 Ranger, you've gone above and beyond to protect the people and Pokemon of Johto. For the last few months, you've been romantically involved with your partner Pokemon, a secret that, if revealed, could have life-threatening consequences. Scarlet showed some promise as a potential human mate, but that unfortunately didn't pan out. Too bad. You think that someone stealing Windra's birthday cake is reprehensible and cowardly.

You have no abilities other than your vote.
Win Condition: All Dirty Stinking Cake Thieves brought to justice

If you were town then it would be super easy and faster to just quote him so why go to the trouble of selectively copy pasting it and how could a Pokémon ranger be shoved to the role of vanilla instead of having a super cool Pokémon ranger type ability
Yeah, somethings up and we have to get to the bottom of it.

Literally just did quote him, so that point is totally null and void.

And your second point makes absolutely no sense. Like with what's his face up there, the kid, why would he have the ability to sometimes be a seer?

Also, @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, do a full claim. I wanna see Jethro's ability too. I just full claimed, so you should too. I'm already super suspicious of you.

Now that almost everyone has claimed could everyone post who you think is scum just that no reads nothing else just who you think is scum

@GrandPanacea How did you manage to forget your wincon?

There's a missing space in the claim, between the ability and the win condition. It looks forged.
I think there’s some problem with the copy and pasting again, since that happened when I c/p’d my role. Breaks weren’t copying properly or something.

Also odd that we have two vanilla roles this game apparently.
First game in a while with a lack of role madness. Considering PMJ stated this wouldn't be a role-madness game, I wouldn't be surprised that there's a couple vanillas here.
Literally just did quote him, so that point is totally null and void.
If you had the ability to, why not just quote him first?
And your second point makes absolutely no sense. Like with what's his face up there, the kid, why would he have the ability to sometimes be a seer?
You mean the seer with not-so-completely reliable results? Standard in most games.
Also, @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, do a full claim. I wanna see Jethro's ability too. I just full claimed, so you should too. I'm already super suspicious of you.
Did he not claim yesterday?
I think there’s some problem with the copy and pasting again, since that happened when I c/p’d my role. Breaks weren’t copying properly or something.
Exactly why all I could do was describe my role. Copying is fine (I tested it on other platforms), but pasting in this text box isn't possible for me right now.

If you had the ability to, why not just quote him first?
Because I was half asleep, and I've been in major pain since Thursday (had a major fall), so my mind hasn't exactly been clear. (I should probably get it checked out if it doesn't get better soon, actually...)

You mean the seer with not-so-completely reliable results? Standard in most games.
Ah, was not aware.

Did he not claim yesterday?
Not a full claim. He said that he was Jethro and a Town. He put even less effort than I did into it. Didn't copy anything. So if people are givin' me hell for copying instead of quoting, then I invite everyone to give @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK even more of a hard time about his weak claim.

@GrandPanacea How did you manage to forget your wincon?
See the first point in this post.

NinJamezor replaces Mariano11887.

Throughout the day, he keeps saying that he doesn't really think Gekki or Lorde are scum, and complains about how the discussion is being derailed. However, with only a few exceptions, his focus is entirely on arguing why Gekki is scummy. He makes an attempt at voting NP but almost immediately backs down and goes back to pressuring Gekki. Finally, towards the end of the day, he makes up his mind and decides that he thinks Gekki is scum (though he doesn't go through and vote him, but I think bb already addressed this...)
You've missed important context, not on just a few occasions, but throughout the entire ISO, which paints an entirely different picture. I also can't help but notice that your comments effectively restate what happened, instead of drawing proper conclusions. Anyway, italics are my posts.

Case 1:

What do you hope to achieve from voting TE and asking this question? TE is new and I wouldn't be expecting them to be strategising at this level?
Calls out NP for his vote on TE.​

It's good to know that he's played on Discord a few times, that helps with how I read him. Meanwhile, I suggest that you really consider the differences between forum mafia and Discord mafia

Oh okay then
##UNVOTE ##VOTE: Gekki
Scummy bandwagon jumping on to an easy new-player lynch.

And then jumps on Gekki for a similar reason.​

Gekki thinks TE should not be considered new, citing he's played Discord mafia before. I suggest to "consider the differences...", and Gekki responds that he has. The fact that Gekki considered the differences yet continued to vote TE was what caused me to interpret his bandwagoning as opportunistic (or easy) and scummy, and so I voted Gekki. That's a different picture to the one of logicial inconsitencies that you're trying to paint.

Case 2:

I am just seeing this all to be very similar to last game: Gekki was scummy/was townier then got too aggressive/was somewhat logically inconsistent, yet he flipped town.
Points out that the Gekki situation mirrors the last game, suggesting that Gekki could be town.

Anyway, ##UNVOTE. I implied earlier but possibly didn't spell it out; this is turning out very similar to last game, so I'm really not feeling a mafian flip. (My initial vote was pressure.)
And then he unvotes, because he never really thought Gekki was mafia. Instead, he suggests a NP lynch (for a reason that wasn't true). He also suspects some other players.​

Here you say that I "never really thought Gekki was mafia", which firstly is not what I said at all, and secondly, it isn't this sudden mindset change as you're implying. The post beforehand shows where I was standing; a post that came after reevaluating the discussion that had occurred among Gekki/Lorde/myself.

Case 3:

The irony here is that Gekki is majorly tunneling Lorde, increasingly more than the other way around.
Just making a few corrections, since the tunnel vision is distorting things: -

And now he's back at arguing why Gekki is a better lynch than Lorde.

I am also getting very sick of this whole Gekki vs Lorde thing, especially how repetitive these points and defenses are...
But besides a quick gander at NP, that's the only thing you seem to have cared about today.​

A bulk of stuff happened between these posts and my vote on NP (which was when I was asleep). Gekki and Lorde (+ others) were increasingly at each other's heads, and their arguments were getting increasingly tunnelly. This is especially in the case of Gekki, who also had very little people pressuring him, as opposed to the massive push on Lorde. More, it became pretty apparent that the town wasn't going to discuss anything else - e.g. people will normally comment on other cases, even those completely off-the-mark like the NP case, yet we didn't see that; so I sorta just gave up trying to go elsewhere, and stuck with trying to keep the Gekki/Lorde discussion balanced.

You also say I focus solely on Gekki, which is absolutely false; there is more volume about him simply because I was often online when he and Lorde were (as oppose to everyone else); you even quoted some of the comments and thoughts on other people.

Case 4:

These last two pages have been highly repetitive, and his why I'm saying that this Gekki vs Lorde thing is unhelpful. It's becoming detrimental and out of hand, and needs to be toned down. Plus, I guarantee you that most players will not be reading those posts properly anyway.
Again, if you think this way, why aren't you making an effort at steering the discussion away from this, and instead fueling the discussion? You mentioned earlier that you had other suspicions. Why not look into those?​

To repeat the above, it was clear to me that this discussion couldn't be steered away at least by my own efforts - heavily looking into anyone else would be choked out. That said, I was still vigilant on commenting on other people who I thought were strange.
Was I fueling the discussion? To an extent, sure, but only for a brief time, because the discussion was one-sided. After commenting on NP, I tried to not say much that would fuel it. You say "more on Gekki" in regards to two of my posts after this, but they were actually comments on other people's interactions in regards to Gekki (the first was re: Lorde and the second was re: Jade). Another missecd context.

TL;DR
- the claim that my focus was entirely on Gekki is false. I consistently commented on other people (not this "sole" focus), and there was only a short-lived period later in the day when I was primarily focused on him.
- it became apparent to me that this Gekki/Lorde discussion was not going to be shifted by my own efforts, hence why I didn't vote anyone new after NP
- a volume of posts regarding Gekki is only reflective of me being online at the same time as him, and does not represent where my focuses were at

It just means he's got some powerful ability that he doesn't want any evils to know. That's usually why people don't claim.
It actually doesn't mean that. It means something quite different, which, as I said, I'll explain when there's less time in the day. For now, be content with my flavor:
You are Thresher Fessco, and you are a Patient Competitor. You're a simple fisherman from Pacifidlog Town, and your unique accent frequently has the ladies swooning. You've spent much of your adult life on the seas in search of Mirage Island in the hopes that the Liechi Berries found there could save your ailing father, but he died before you could find it. You don't particularly care who ate Windra's cake, but it makes you smile that everyone is having fun together... even if it is against their will.

I don't understand this recent expectation from you and NP for me to have claimed my role already? It would have been nice for the the mafians to waste a nightkill on a vanilla, but considering how much I'm getting pressured, it seems there's a general apathy towards my lynch instead, so it's not going to change much.

Good ol' vanilla
Please make a case on someone then. We don't need to do your dirty work.
- it became apparent to me that this Gekki/Lorde discussion was not going to be shifted by my own efforts, hence why I didn't vote anyone new after NP
How did this ever become apparent?

Also, @Lord o da rings don't think you've gotten off the hook at all with me pressuring bb. I still have my eyes on you.

Not a full claim. He said that he was Jethro and a Town. He put even less effort than I did into it. Didn't copy anything. So if people are givin' me hell for copying instead of quoting, then I invite everyone to give @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK even more of a hard time about his weak claim.
This wasn't in quotes but it looked to be a full claim to me:
To sum it up, here's my role.
You are Jethro Duffy, and you are a Patient Competitor. You and Prince, your Umbreon and best friend, have been through a lot over the years. From suffering from second-degree burns to losing an eye, you're surprisingly optimistic for someone who's had to deal with as much as you have. One day at a time - that's your motto. Though you're playing it cool, you are hoping this game gets finished quickly because despite being half destroyed, that cake still looks phenomenal and you can't wait to get a piece of it.

Ability: Last Resort
You can't be lynched by majority vote, but you will die if you have any votes on you at all when someone else is lynched.

Win Condition: All Dirty Stinking Cake Thieves brought to justice
I uh, think he copied it.
Also, @Lord o da rings don't think you've gotten off the hook at all with me pressuring bb. I still have my eyes on you.
I'll wait for you to stop insulting my intelligence. I'm not dumb, you know.

I'll wait for you to stop insulting my intelligence. I'm not dumb, you know.
I don't believe I ever did? (The earlier thing was something that you're right to assume 90% of the time, but just happens to be wrong this time.) I just thought you may have been getting a bit too comfortable with a couple townreads being thrown your direction and all this focus being on BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back