Finished Mafia XLV: Heroes of Askr ~ The Winner Is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also wanted to add that that request for protection has a very big general "role fishing" vibe.
I love it. If you think that way- you should participate and try to gather information as much as possible in order to have a D2 lead. If you don't- then your philosophy is useless. So that is very scummy. Also similar thing was posted by scum in one of the previous games here, and he was inactive. (Haunted Water iirc)

##UNVOTE:
##VOTE:Neurowolf
I was just thinking this. I don't like how he's saying not to lynch anyone day one either. Definitely second this. I do, however, think there is a better lead on rainy ATM, so I'll keep my vote there for now.

##VOTE: NinjaPenguin ok so I think it's a bad idea to vote on the first day. Maybe wait until we get a chance to use our abilities that reveal info on each other before coming to a final conclusion. I would vote Nebby because he is being inactive, but NP voted me for an obsoletely pointless reason. I'll probably not stick with this vote or not vote at all, but I'm just going to vote NP for now. Sorry for the weird vote NP, I'm just feeling a lot of pressure from you. Once again, I'm probably not going to vote at all until I get more info on a few people. When we use abilities, can one of you use a seeing ability on me to confirm I'm good? Thanks! Homecoming sucked and I was alone again eating custard in the corner, thanks for asking.
Wait what? It seems super suspicious to me that Neuro "felt pressure" from the weakest RVS vote I've done in like 4 games.
Also, answer my question. It's not that hard.
SM think its a valid case for the first few hours of day 1? Do you think the same here? Because its pretty much the same problem.

This is a good reason.

Why? Why? Have ever tried to use pokebeach on your phone?

He's a new player and he probably doesn't even know what omgus is.
Sorry for this, but I just wanted to make a point that it's a stupid idea. And no, @NinjaPenguin , omgus from a new player isn't what I call good reasoning for a lynch.

Saying that you get ninjad isn't really defending in my opinion. And how is he shutting down some conversation?

Pressuring a new player, the best way to lynch townies day 1.
##vote: Ninjapenguin
Little bit of fluff but I guess it's okay?

@quakingpunch73 @bbninjas I don't know if the thread should have sign-ups when it already started
I have some more things I want to say something about, but this should be the most imoortant stuff. (Dont have a lot of time rn)
I don't really feel like XLIII is a useful thing to talk about rn, so this will be my last response on this thought. The OMGUS was the point that the scum extrapolated out of proportion and used to lynch him. It was a horrifically weak reason, but one nonetheless.

The rest is a 20 post behind Gekki/Cel parrot about pressuring townies and what post I'm referring Day 1, though I'm surprised he chose me instead of Jade and Lorde. Shut down conversation is attempting to prevent RVS responses.
I love it. If you think that way- you should participate and try to gather information as much as possible in order to have a D2 lead. If you don't- then your philosophy is useless. So that is very scummy. Also similar thing was posted by scum in one of the previous games here, and he was inactive. (Haunted Water iirc)

##UNVOTE:
##VOTE:Neurowolf
This is an extreme alarm bell to me. HW comes from a time where that was what people did. This post trying to provide a false sense of equivalency between HW being HW and happening to flip scum and a complete newbie. In fact, complete newibes (like Josh or ADoD in the last game) have had this idea in the past fsr. You should know so much better than that.

Gekki is also strawmanning Lorde's argument. She's asking you why what you did (calling out a newbie for inactivity even though they'd been on Discord) is any different than what you criticized Blakers for doing. We don't need your opinion on if she is overanalyzing your post; just tell us your answer, separated from a case on Lorde.
Yeah I don't buy that. What's wrong with tagging?
IDK why, but I've been recently having issues with tagging (at least on mobile), where I can't click on the box that fills the rest in without it accidentally deleting some of my post in the process and I'm not sure if tagging works without it.

Also, I'm gonna note to everyone that in the main Discord channel, Neuro said, "I was going to talk about how everyone doesn't trust me off the bat" when talking to Quaking about mafia. No real comments on it (it seems affiliation neutral to me); just putting it there for the purposes of revealing any OC.

Gekki is also strawmanning Lorde's argument. She's asking you why what you did (calling out a newbie for inactivity even though they'd been on Discord) is any different than what you criticized Blakers for doing. We don't need your opinion on if she is overanalyzing your post; just tell us your answer, separated from a case on Lorde.
Did you even see this post?
It seems contradictory because you say that it's a good thing to pressure new players, but then you start picking apart the one little piece of pressure I put on Neuro, even though you did have other reasoning. The difference between my little poke at Neuro and Blaker's RVS is that I was curious why he was watching the thread but not saying anything, and basically just a little bit annoyed by the fact that he was using Discord but not responding to the thread. Then, he gave me an adequate response, and I dropped it. Blakers RVSed Nebby with a bad reason and it snowballed into a lynch. I was just asking Neuro a question. I said what I said earlier because I didn't want a repeat of the Nebby lynch, and I don't think that me asking Neuro a question could turn into a lynch, unlike the RVS aimed at Nebby.

I've read some of the past games, but I haven't seen any cases of this, maybe I just missed it?
Also, I don't have a case on Lorde. Where did you get that from?

Did you even see this post?
That post is some part responding, some part attacking Lorde. Can you get rid of the stuff like "then you start picking apart...", to make it easier for everybody to read?
Also, is it possible to RVS with a bad reason?

Sure. Here's the TL:DR version:
The difference between my little poke at Neuro and Blaker's RVS is that I was curious why he was watching the thread but not saying anything, and basically just a little bit annoyed by the fact that he was using Discord but not responding to the thread. Then, he gave me an adequate response, and I dropped it. Blakers RVSed Nebby with a bad reason and it snowballed into a lynch. I was just asking Neuro a question. I said what I said earlier because I didn't want a repeat of the Nebby lynch, and I don't think that me asking Neuro a question could turn into a lynch, unlike the RVS aimed at Nebby.

Also, is it possible to RVS with a bad reason?
Well, all RVS is inherently bad logic-wise, but in that case the scum took the "reason" behind that RVS and made it somewhat more legitimate.

So yes, some RVSes are worse than others.

This is an extreme alarm bell to me. HW comes from a time where that was what people did. This post trying to provide a false sense of equivalency between HW being HW and happening to flip scum and a complete newbie. In fact, complete newibes (like Josh or ADoD in the last game) have had this idea in the past fsr. You should know so much better than that.

Not sure what you are referring to. I was referring to the most recent game, where that was not a thing, and HW was scum subbed for Camo. Having the philosophy of not voting day 1 without gather info by any other means is not logical to me. That's my point.

This is an extreme alarm bell to me. HW comes from a time where that was what people did. This post trying to provide a false sense of equivalency between HW being HW and happening to flip scum and a complete newbie.
Would you mind linking the thread where this happened? It sounds like a legitimate point on scattered and I'd like to be able to formulate an opinion on it.

Not sure what you are referring to. I was referring to the most recent game, where that was not a thing, and HW was scum subbed for Camo. Having the philosophy of not voting day 1 without gather info by any other means is not logical to me. That's my point.

Sorry it was the opposite- Camo subbed in for HW.

But that's the normal HW meta. Read any old game and he would have done it as town.
And Neuro doing that is simple newbie meta to me.
But no matter what, it makes no sense to link those two situations, because they are completely different (and to me, both HW or Neuro proposing no voting D1 is affiliation neutral).

Back now... does seem suspicious that LLTD hasn't said anything so far, even though (I believe) he didn't say anything about being away.

##VOTE: Lugia_Likes2dab!

After all, this isn't the first time he's been away from a game he was later revealed to be wolf in.

Back now... does seem suspicious that LLTD hasn't said anything so far, even though (I believe) he didn't say anything about being away.

##VOTE: Lugia_Likes2dab!

After all, this isn't the first time he's been away from a game he was later revealed to be wolf in.
Are you talking about that one Discord game where he said he was AFK during the night but was lying and turned out to be wolf? Hardly enough to go off of, but I do agree his disappearance is strange.

Are you talking about that one Discord game where he said he was AFK during the night but was lying and turned out to be wolf? Hardly enough to go off of, but I do agree his disappearance is strange.
Plus it's not like this is a shorter Discord game... days go on for 5 days here, so he's either lurking or legit away and didn't say anything.

Plus it's not like this is a shorter Discord game... days go on for 5 days here, so he's either lurking or legit away and didn't say anything.
True, but it's barely been one IRL day since the game started. I don't think he's away, since I saw him viewing the thread last night for a few minutes. Maybe he's busy with something?

@lugia_Likes2dab! do you have any thoughts on the game so far?

##VOTE: NinjaPenguin ok so I think it's a bad idea to vote on the first day. Maybe wait until we get a chance to use our abilities that reveal info on each other before coming to a final conclusion. I would vote Nebby because he is being inactive, but NP voted me for an obsoletely pointless reason. I'll probably not stick with this vote or not vote at all, but I'm just going to vote NP for now. Sorry for the weird vote NP, I'm just feeling a lot of pressure from you. Once again, I'm probably not going to vote at all until I get more info on a few people. When we use abilities, can one of you use a seeing ability on me to confirm I'm good? Thanks! Homecoming sucked and I was alone again eating custard in the corner, thanks for asking.
We still need to put someone up for D1, otherwise (like others have said) the scum just get a free night kill. If we don't end up putting someone up, were not going to have any valuable reads going into D2. Town or scum, there's a lot we can gain to build actually well structured cases in D2. I think every single lynch provides information on other players opposing, supporting, indifferent on the lynch, etc. We get a glimpse into their motives, and a role flip can give a lot of clarity as to what said motives are. It's more important than ever we vote, since now an actual majority is required to lynch instead of just lynching the player with the most votes.
Would you mind linking the thread where this happened? It sounds like a legitimate point on scattered and I'd like to be able to formulate an opinion on it.
See: Mafia XLII: War of the Gods.
Lugia never liked this.
If they haven't liked it, then they should be excused from the tagging. If they like the post, then they still aren't posting that's a completely different scenario, and something like that actually is a bit scummy.

We still need to put someone up for D1, otherwise (like others have said) the scum just get a free night kill. If we don't end up putting someone up, were not going to have any valuable reads going into D2. Town or scum, there's a lot we can gain to build actually well structured cases in D2. I think every single lynch provides information on other players opposing, supporting, indifferent on the lynch, etc. We get a glimpse into their motives, and a role flip can give a lot of clarity as to what said motives are. It's more important than ever we vote, since now an actual majority is required to lynch instead of just lynching the player with the most votes.

See: Mafia XLII: War of the Gods.

If they haven't liked it, then they should be excused from the tagging. If they like the post, then they still aren't posting that's a completely different scenario, and something like that actually is a bit scummy.
Flipped through that thread and I don't see any correlation between Neurowolf's post and what Haunted Water was saying, other than the fact that they both think that there shouldn't be a lynch day one. Here are the things that have popped up at me so far:

-Lugia is MIA, which isn't a scumtell, but it is strange. He never said anything about being away.

-Neurowolf's post strikes me as scummy. Right off the bat, he OMGUSes NP, then procedes to say that it's a bad idea to lynch on the first day, which is strange and seems scummy since he's basically proposing we do nothing and give scum a free night kill. Then, he says he's feeling a lot of pressure from what NP came out and said was just to get him to respond, which seems overly paranoid. Then, he says he won't vote at all until he gets more info on a few people, right after he voted for NP. Asking to have a seeing ability used on him is...strange, but not necessarily a scumtell. Here's the post:

-See my post on NP here:
The first thing I notice about this is "Oh wait I can't read that you just said it was an observation". It seems too panicked and backpedal-y and I don't like it, especially coming from someone experienced. Then, he votes for Neurowolf without giving a reason and segues to asking him if he's read any past games. If he wanted Neurowolf to start talking, like he said here:

Why couldn't he have just tagged Neuro and asked him what he thought? I agree that voting for someone is an effective way to force someone into talking, but it's barely the beginning of D1, and there are less active people than Neuro right now (@lugia_Likes2dab!, @Blob55 (although she did say she'd be gone for the weekend). As to this second post, he litterally does nothing except give a shaky reason for voting Neuro, echo Lorde, and exhort me to write a reply (which, BTW, I was while you said this, NP :U). It's very fluffy.

-See my points on rainy here:
##UNVOTE: Jabberwock
##VOTE: rainyman123

He's reaching hard, like Celever said, and when he agreed with my post he mentioned Lorde's RVS but not Jade's, which gives me the idea that him and Jade are scumbuddies, especially since he didn't respond when I pointed that out. He also seems a bit out of character based off games I've played on Discord with him, Lorde's game (which I read) and the more recent Speed Mafia game where he's been town. There is also scattered's point about him being "too enthusiastic" but I really don't think that's a scumtell. However, I do agree with scattered that when he's town his posts are usually short, to the point, and rather uninvolved.

It's not a lot to go off of, but it's better than an RVS by about a mile.

-Lorde and Jade RVSed the two newest players, which could just be completely random (it is RVS after all), or it could be scum trying to frame easy targets. I'm not going to press this point, though. It gets too WIFOMy after awhile.

That's everything I'm seeing that's been strange so far.

Can't actually quote this one since it's entirely made of quotes itself, so link to post: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/mafia-xlv-heroes-of-askr.144117/page-4#post-2903028

^That isn't a response to the question. Lordo noted you were contradicting yourself. Your response was basically "No I'm not; YOU'RE contradicting yourself!"
Where the heck do you get that from these?!:

Note that I said the same thing to Jade when he RVSed Lugia, and the fact that I was just observing that both of the new players had gotten RVSed and I thought it could be a sign of scum trying to take advantage of them, and that I later pressured Neuro a little bit with this:
First of all, I wasn't and still am not accusing you of anything. If I were, I'd be voting you rn instead of rainy, as those points (if legit) would be way more legit than those on rainy. Second of all, I reckon you've made it evident in that post, if you hadn't already, that you're very concerned about how you appear to the rest of us––as I believe I've already mentioned: that's a scumtell.
So you're saying give the scum a free night kill? Nty.
That's not really the main reason why NL doesn't work D1––a lynch is important here because it gives us information to go off for D2. Otherwise we'd be back where we started at the beginning of today.
I'm not sure if tagging works without it.
It does.
Sure. Here's the TL:DR version:
When did Blakers' RVS of Nebby "snowball into a lynch"? We haven't had a lynch yet. If this is some other game, we're not talking about some other game.
-Lorde and Jade RVSed the two newest players, which could just be completely random (it is RVS after all), or it could be scum trying to frame easy targets. I'm not going to press this point, though. It gets too WIFOMy after awhile.
Most of your points tend to be either too WIFOMy or "strange, but not necessarily a scumtell". See the above post as Exhibit A.

@quakingpunch73 would be awesome if, just for D1, we could have vote counts more frequently. ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back