Finished Mafia XLIII - Battle of the Royal Palace ~ GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i am an experienced player based on how long. Have played this game, but day 1 is a extremely though for me. Most of the time there are rarely any clue that i even notice.. plus lately i felt day 1 have changed alot with this set of player ..

Seriously, why not? I'm really baffled by that. The only things that are not worth saying early on is your role and fluff (fluff being always not worth). Encouraging inactives to talk, saying things I picked from others as townie or scummy those are much necessary, and I do not understand the majority thought this game has that doing a read list early is unnecessary, to the point it is scummy.
It's more-so the fact that a lot of the post was prods, which could have all been in a shorter post without the sense of finality and aggressiveness that a reads list has, imo. In addition, the only person whose thoughts have anything related to alignment speculation was Blakers, and even then, there wasn't much to it.
Wait, so you understand why I did it, so people will start talking, (which immediately happened), but you don't understand why it was in one list? I don't understand. And I think I am missing here something that might be a huge misunderstanding on my part, so if you all can be more specific, that would be appreciated, because I really don't get it.
I wanted to hear your reasoning for including each thought, since I wanted to hear if there was any further reasoning behind any of your reads to get a better understanding of them, like the Blakers read.

Keeping things short is towny because it removes fluff.

I have never heard this reasoning ever in a game of mafia :U

Also regarding Scattered, is normally this talkative in games of mafia? I didn't recall that about scattered in past games, but I didn't play many past games so I would like to gauge others' comments.

Also earth to @TheSceptileMaster @Nebby Baggington @Little Cherrim @Jadethepokemontrainer

Join the discussion please.... There surely has to be something to say from the last 5 pages of discussion

Seriously, why not? I'm really baffled by that. The only things that are not worth saying early on is your role and fluff (fluff being always not worth). Encouraging inactives to talk, saying things I picked from others as townie or scummy those are much necessary, and I do not understand the majority thought this game has that doing a read list early is unnecessary, to the point it is scummy.
The reads list is trying too hard to be a townie. Many players overextend themselves as scum, trying to be more useful and contributive than ever before. To me, the reads list read just like that: you're trying too hard to be townie, so you bothered to write a reads list on Day 1.
IRDC about the content, and I think that people analyzing the content of that are searching for something that isn't there.
Also regarding Scattered, is normally this talkative in games of mafia? I didn't recall that about scattered in past games, but I didn't play many past games so I would like to gauge others' comments.
Scattered was just as active most of last game, but that's kinda unfair, as last game, after Day 2, nobody besides scattered was contributing basically at all.

Your experience is relevant because you are being scummy through OMGUS and dodging questions. I wanted to know your experience in Mafia to try and figure out whether this is simply a rookie mistake or you legitimately being scummy. I'd also like to question your vote on me. Was that simply RVS with a joke reason? Or were you convinced that I somehow knew that you were on your phone and voted you anyway?

@Little Cherrim @GM DracLord @rainyman123 @TheSceptileMaster what are your thoughts?
What questions have I dodged? I've answered all of them
Opinions on recent happenings coming soon. Here's my activity thoughts:
We had less than 30 posts in the first day of Day 1. That's ridiculous. Five games ago, we would have had at least 100 posts and some lead by now, if not 150-200 posts.

Players seem to not know why RVS works or why we do it, which is why we can't get any progress. When I have to explain how to RVS to Rainy (and other players) for who knows how many games now, and yet he still says "idk" about his vote, that's really frustrating. Camo might be annoying at times, but if there's one thing he's great at doing, it's starting off games with discussion.
@Everyone If you are ever viewing the thread, I will expect you to comment. In this size of a game, your voice and your opinion matters more than ever.

I'll ask some questions to everyone who doesn't normally contribute much Day 1 (which is over half the game. If that's not indicative of how apathetic this community currently is, I don't know what else is.):

@Jadethepokemontrainer What posts have caught your eye as scummy so far?
@rainyman123 In your mind, what are some indicators of scum, and who has performed them so far?
@GM DracLord How do you think you can help us out more Day 1 (and do it in your post, if you can)?
@Blakers You're back playing, and you're more talkative on Day 1 than I ever recall. How have you tried to improve since our game?
@Nebby Baggington For those who have not played with you before, how would you characterize your playstyle?
@Little Cherrim You normally don't talk unless asked a question, so I'll ask you a basic one: Who do you find scummy so far and why?
@TheSceptileMaster Same thing as LC. Why do you find scummy so far and why?

I'm passive. I don't have access to my computer all day and can normally only check at night. I am normally on Discord periodically, but not here, because Discord can be used on a phone, but it is quite hard to post to Pokebeach with one, which is something I've already said. Just if anyone's wondering ;)

What questions have I dodged? I've answered all of them
You never explained your vote on me like I asked you to, and you dodged my question about your experience, asking how it was relevant. And as for NP's question, is there anything more you would use to describe your playstyle other than "passive"?

And if I'm not mistaken, all you've done with your posts is talk about your playstyle and defend yourself. So let me ask you this: Do you have anyone who is sticking out as likely to be scum? If so, why?

So, to sum all of this up, here's what I'd like to see from you:
  • Explain the thought process behind your vote on me
  • Can you expand upon your description of your playstyle? Anything besides "passive"?
  • Scumreads - who and why?

Welcome, TFP and Dragon of Destiny! What are your thoughts on what's happened so far and who looks suspicious?

The scattered lynch isn't getting any pushback, so I'd like to at least propose another option: Rainy. I know he's a bit of an "easy lynch", but his behavior is certainly strange this game. Here's an ISO of him so far:

##VOTE: Little Cherrim

Sorry for inactivity, I've been by these past few days.
This is a pretty legit excuse, as he wasn't using Discord much then either. I still don't like posting after being called out, as it's a bit more indicative of scum Rainy than town Rainy.
This is the perfect opportunity to provide a reason or something that would make LC talk (it's especially unlikely without a reason because LC is pretty notorious for never speaking).
He doesn't know how his RVS vote helped, which is telling of not learning from past games, which tends to be scum aligned.
@NinjaPenguin, I did that literally just because RVS.
Great, you've said that before. He's just dodging my question.
@NinjaPenguin why did you only ask me why I voted LC, while there was GM Drac and LC himself that also randomly voted? Why target me?
Decent question, though a tiny bit passive-aggressive.
Oop noticed jade voted LC, don't want anyone lynched too fast.

##UNVOTE: Little Cherrim
This, combined with his latest post, is the small townie point for him. Mostly because town Rainy seems more likely to do this than scum Rainy.
It is natural if you but of course I have to deal with your taking lead, ninjapenguin. Anyways I find scattered scummy actually, he is just popping up as scummy, he seems a bit different than other times I've played with him.
This is his one attempt on trying to scumhunt this game, but he just says someone he thinks is scummy and doesn't bother to apply pressure/try to convince others he's right.
In my expierence and just from what I've seen, I'll be inactive for a little bit, come back, and BAM somebody has been lynched and I barely got a say in it. Just tryna prevent that from happening.
Read my comment on his LC unvote.

Points on Rainy being scum:
Dodged a question.
Not trying to improve.
No scumhunting.
Disappearing unless called on.

Points on Rainy being town:
His unvote seems townie.

If he's a townie, I'd almost prefer original Rainy, who hurled out accusations and gave us something to talk about, than this current playstyle. It's not helpful or scumhunty in any way.
##UNVOTE: TheSceptileMaster/TheFlyingPidove
##VOTE: rainyman123

An IRL day just had a grand total of three players post-this is going to be a long and annoying game if you guys can't step it up. For every townie out there, remember this: less posts=less connections/slips=lower chance of you winning. If you want to win, be as active as you can (and certainly never not post in an IRL day unless you're super busy).

@NinjaPenguin I think that the OMGUS conflict between NebbyBaggington and Blakers is important, but I think both (for now) are townie.

So for in day one I say either Nolynch, ##VOTE: scattered mind, or rainyman123.

Welcome, TFP and Dragon of Destiny! What are your thoughts on what's happened so far and who looks suspicious?

The scattered lynch isn't getting any pushback, so I'd like to at least propose another option: Rainy. I know he's a bit of an "easy lynch", but his behavior is certainly strange this game. Here's an ISO of him so far:
I didn't really follow everything that happened sadly. I also don't remember if I ever played with Rainy before so I don't really know if he's acting different than normal.
But if he's really acting different like you said, then I suppose he has some explaining to do.

I'm going to read everything else that happened soon.

@NinjaPenguin I think that the OMGUS conflict between NebbyBaggington and Blakers is important, but I think both (for now) are townie.

Hi! @A Dragon of Destiny, welcome to PB mafia! Just a quick question for you, but how experienced are you with mafia?

NP, I don't love the rainy case, since I think that a lot of the points on rainy could be contributed to apathetic town right now and are alignment neutral. What makes rainy not trying to improve, not scumhunting, or disappearing unless called on scummy, as opposed to being an apathetic town?

@scattered mind What are your thoughts on the past 24 hours in the game?

Day 1: Votecount #2

- All votes are in chronological order.
- The players being voted are in alphabetical order.
- The player(s) with the most votes is tagged.
- The majority to banish is 7.

Blakers (1): Nebby Baggington (vote) |
Celever (1): GM DracLord (vote) |
A Dragon of Destiny [Little Cherrim] (1): Jadethepokemontrainer (vote) | rainyman123 (vote) |

@Nebby Baggington (2): Blakers (vote) | NinjaPenguin (vote) | scattered mind (vote) |
quakingpunch73 (0): TheAnticipationEevee (vote) |

rainyman123 (1): scattered mind (vote) | NinjaPenguin (vote) |
@scattered mind (2): NinjaPenguin (vote) | Celever (vote) | A Dragon of Destiny (vote) |
@TheFlyingPidove [TheSceptileMaster] (2): TheAnticipationEevee (vote) | A Dragon of Destiny [Little Cherrim] (vote) | NinjaPenguin (vote) |

@Jadethepokemontrainer is barely dodging being subbed out.

Day 1 ends in 48 hours, so start making decisions. You guys as a whole seriously need to pick up the activity. Masstag: @rainyman123, @Celever, @scattered mind, @NinjaPenguin, @Blakers, @quakingpunch73, @TheAnticipationEevee, @GM DracLord, @A Dragon of Destiny, @Nebby Baggington.

NP, I don't love the rainy case, since I think that a lot of the points on rainy could be contributed to apathetic town right now and are alignment neutral. What makes rainy not trying to improve, not scumhunting, or disappearing unless called on scummy, as opposed to being an apathetic town?
In all honesty, there is no good answer to that question. I don't really like the the scattered case, and rainy seems to be the best alternative we have. Proposing another lynch at least allows us to get commitment to two sides, which is helpful for future days.
And this is why I want more posts...

This post seems to be pretty well informed for someone who's never played mafia before.
@A Dragon of Destiny How have you become acquainted with these terms?

Yes, I like to keep the help tab to keep myself informed of the terms. Other than the previous dialogue in this chat, I haven't experienced a mafia game.

@scattered mind I say nolynch because it is day one and besides the OMGUS scandal, there isn't really any other evidence for potential scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back