Finished Mafia XLIII - Battle of the Royal Palace ~ GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players assessment so far:

- @rainyman123 - Few words each post. When he was town last game he used more words on each post.
- @Celever - Flying under the radar, despite being usually active.
- @Blakers - Active, and is giving me early townie vibes.

Celever is inactive, but it's too early to judge, I guess.

Jade, TAE and LC - you are all have no difference between TSM and quaking. Where are you?
These. What was accomplished by these?

nono don't you dodge. What in your opinion was unnecessary to write? You specifically said "some of" not all of.

Scattered seems like he's trying too hard, almost trying to take a leadership position. I agree with Cel that the reads list was suspicious.

Blakers giving away the "good answer" to his question is anti-town, though not that scummy. Townie points to Eevee for thinking exactly what I was thinking.

Cel shutting down my attempt to get an early read on Nebby was suspicious, but scattered defending the logic as legit was even more. "Can you give me an example of one thing I said that was better kept for later?" is very passive aggressive, and scummy (I can't really put a scumtell to it; it's just the kind of logic that I as scum use to undermine and argument.)

@NinjaPenguin why did you only ask me why I voted LC, while there was GM Drac and LC himself that also randomly voted? Why target me?
I asked you because you were online, and therefore able to quickly respond to me.

You are correct, I don't know why RVS works or why people do it, though I vaguely remember it is to see reactions?

Could you please further explain?
Randomly voting gets us reactions from the players we vote for; that's why including a reason (at least a joke one) is important, as it is what causes people to react. If you get any particularly scummy reactions (or a combination of small tells from reactions), you can turn that into a case, bringing us out of RVS and into real scumhunting.

These. What was accomplished by these?

1- getting rainyman to talk more. Keeping things short is scummy to me. You want to keep things short if you don't want to slip.
2- You are flying under the radar, although it's early to fully judge you, I don't see why not in order to get you here and talk, which I succeeded with.
3- Why is that not necessary? (on Blakers)

Scattered seems like he's trying too hard, almost trying to take a leadership position. I agree with Cel that the reads list was suspicious.

Blakers giving away the "good answer" to his question is anti-town, though not that scummy. Townie points to Eevee for thinking exactly what I was thinking.

Cel shutting down my attempt to get an early read on Nebby was suspicious, but scattered defending the logic as legit was even more. "Can you give me an example of one thing I said that was better kept for later?" is very passive aggressive, and scummy (I can't really put a scumtell to it; it's just the kind of logic that I as scum use to undermine and argument.)

Well, I really did want to know why I jumped the gun, according to Celever, so that's why I asked what I was supposed to keep for later. That read list was early, sure, but.. still to this point I don't get what's wrong with it. So I can't say anything in response, because in my view, looking into each player and trying to get them to talk or just spill your thoughts on, is how players should play. Actually, during RVS, doing this thing is actually the best, because it just brought this game from being totally inactive to instantly generate 2 pages of discussion. Sure, it somehow went backfire and somehow I am being attacked over doing this, but I am truly happy with it. It's better spilling your thoughts on any given tiny issue, because that's what makes the game being active and interesting.

No one can read your mind and your intention, NP.

Any reason you chose to tag this specific set of players?
Because they're around. They've cast their votes, but haven't said much else, if anything else. I'm pretty sure TSM was also in Discord earlier today, so that's why he was included.
Opinions on recent happenings coming soon. Here's my activity thoughts:
We had less than 30 posts in the first day of Day 1. That's ridiculous. Five games ago, we would have had at least 100 posts and some lead by now, if not 150-200 posts.

@Blakers You're back playing, and you're more talkative on Day 1 than I ever recall. How have you tried to improve since our game?
In the last game Day 1 was all I had time to follow, and I would say that any improvement on Day 1 has been from me looking at some of the more productive people from other games and me just trying to contribute in general. It's also easier for me to say more now since I'm still on summer break.
What Blakers says is completely in line with my thinking in regards to experience. However, now that he publicly addressed it in that way, I think is clearly obvious how nebby will respond (whether the response is true or false is another topic though).
Yeah, I thought about that after I had put the post out and realized that it was a bad move. I'd still like for @Nebby Baggington to answer my question, though. And all the other ones that other people have asked him.

Well, I really did want to know why I jumped the gun, according to Celever, so that's why I asked what I was supposed to keep for later. That read list was early, sure, but.. still to this point I don't get what's wrong with it. So I can't say anything in response, because in my view, looking into each player and trying to get them to talk or just spill your thoughts on, is how players should play. Actually, during RVS, doing this thing is actually the best, because it just brought this game from being totally inactive to instantly generate 2 pages of discussion. Sure, it somehow went backfire and somehow I am being attacked over doing this, but I am truly happy with it. It's better spilling your thoughts on any given tiny issue, because that's what makes the game being active and interesting.
I disagree with Cel about why it's suspicious. I think it's trying too hard. The content doesn't bother me.
I would say that any improvement on Day 1 has been from me looking at some of the more productive people from other games and me just trying to contribute in general.
What do the more productive people tend to do that you haven't done in the past?

What do the more productive people tend to do that you haven't done in the past?
For one thing, I don't recall ever providing a reason to my RVS before this game, which doesn't really help in Day 1 scumhunting. I also haven't been very good at placing substantial pressure, so that's another habit I'm trying to pick up.

LC was hardly in any danger of being turbo lynched.. Why were you so worry?
In my expierence and just from what I've seen, I'll be inactive for a little bit, come back, and BAM somebody has been lynched and I barely got a say in it. Just tryna prevent that from happening.

@TheAnticipationEevee If I remember correctly, quaking said he would be inactive on Day 1 due to camp. I would put your vote somewhere else for now.
Yup, but I'm here now, since camp has finished up! I'm a bit disappointed that nothing has really happened so far, but I have a couple of questions to ask right now.
It is natural if you but of course I have to deal with your taking lead, ninjapenguin. Anyways I find scattered scummy actually, he is just popping up as scummy, he seems a bit different than other times I've played with him.
What about scattered strikes you as scummy in particular? What is different about him this time compared to others?

So far, I find scattered's reads odd, mostly due to this later post:
I had some things to say about almost every player. When that happens, I use a read list.
However, when I look at his reads, none of his thoughts were worth saying. Most of them were targeted towards inactive players and just pointed out their existence, which I can understand as an attempt to generate activity, but I would like to know your reasoning for including each thought in your list.

1- getting rainyman to talk more. Keeping things short is scummy to me. You want to keep things short if you don't want to slip.
Keeping things short is towny because it removes fluff.
2- You are flying under the radar, although it's early to fully judge you, I don't see why not in order to get you here and talk, which I succeeded with.
This proves my point. I was in town all day, thus couldn't post. Given the premature time of posting, this counts as "flying under the radar". In reality, it was meaningless because I wasn't even around to post, and thus nothing was accomplished, contrary to what you claim here.
3- Why is that not necessary? (on Blakers)
Why IS it necessary?

However, when I look at his reads, none of his thoughts were worth saying

Seriously, why not? I'm really baffled by that. The only things that are not worth saying early on is your role and fluff (fluff being always not worth). Encouraging inactives to talk, saying things I picked from others as townie or scummy those are much necessary, and I do not understand the majority thought this game has that doing a read list early is unnecessary, to the point it is scummy.

This proves my point. I was in town all day, thus couldn't post. Given the premature time of posting, this counts as "flying under the radar". In reality, it was meaningless because I wasn't even around to post, and thus nothing was accomplished, contrary to what you claim here.

I get it, but it was more of a way to tick you to come here and post. The thing that was accomplished is you posting. I can't know if it's because of me or because of you.

Why IS it necessary?

To say that Blakers gave me townie vibes? This is town hunting. It is as important as scumhunting. And Blakers activity and the way he's trying to scumhunt is townie to me.

What players did you have something to say about, and what were they?

What do you mean? I tagged each person and said what I had in mind. Those being almost each one of them excluding Nebby Quaking and TSM, which I tagged for the sake of the read list including everyone.

Keeping things short is towny because it removes fluff.

If you intentionally keep things short, I hardly believe you are doing it to stop you from fluffing, instead of trying not to give away to much things to be used and analyzed. Town usually do not think about the length of the things they say.

Most of them were targeted towards inactive players and just pointed out their existence, which I can understand as an attempt to generate activity, but I would like to know your reasoning for including each thought in your list.

Wait, so you understand why I did it, so people will start talking, (which immediately happened), but you don't understand why it was in one list? I don't understand. And I think I am missing here something that might be a huge misunderstanding on my part, so if you all can be more specific, that would be appreciated, because I really don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back