Finished Mafia XLIII - Battle of the Royal Palace ~ GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celever

Wheeeee~
OMGUS is a terrible scumtell because there are occasions where it can be town-motivated. OMGUS should only ever come into play later on in the game where there are lots of avenues to go down, as it is only potentially scummy because the act of voting for someone who is already voting for you sometimes centralises discussion around only one loggerhead, which can always be (and usually is) town vs town in the first place. OMGUS in RVS is not really a scumtell.

@scattered mind why did you feel the need to make a reads list about 24 hours into the game?

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
What Blakers says is completely in line with my thinking in regards to experience. However, now that he publicly addressed it in that way, I think is clearly obvious how nebby will respond (whether the response is true or false is another topic though).

Yeah, I also noticed that, but whatever.

So right now, since I don't have any knowledge about Discord Mafia, do you know anything about other players here that also play there?

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
OMGUS is a terrible scumtell because there are occasions where it can be town-motivated. OMGUS should only ever come into play later on in the game where there are lots of avenues to go down, as it is only potentially scummy because the act of voting for someone who is already voting for you sometimes centralises discussion around only one loggerhead, which can always be (and usually is) town vs town in the first place. OMGUS in RVS is not really a scumtell.

@scattered mind why did you feel the need to make a reads list about 24 hours into the game?

I had some things to say about almost every player. When that happens, I use a read list.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
Yeah, I also noticed that, but whatever.

So right now, since I don't have any knowledge about Discord Mafia, do you know anything about other players here that also play there?

I haven't played discord mafia for at least a month of two now, so I don't got much information D:

When I did play, the only person on the list that I played with was LC, who was quite quiet.

Idk if discord mafia changed but its like fast 15 minute ish games, and theres usually not much to discuss so hard to gauge anything from there to here :/

Scattered mind

Forum Mod

I think OMGUS in every stage of the game can be a scumtell depending on the context. It's usually the little things you get from a player that gfives you the lead, so it is something to be noted.

Celever

Wheeeee~
I had some things to say about almost every player. When that happens, I use a read list.
It strikes me as strange. After all, you didn't really say anything significant about the majority of players. Having strong thoughts only 24 hours into a game isn't expected or, oftentimes, possible on this site, given our activity levels. I just think you jumped the gun, and I'm trying to establish the rationale behind that decision and what alignment that rationale might come from.

Celever

Wheeeee~
I think OMGUS in every stage of the game can be a scumtell depending on the context. It's usually the little things you get from a player that gfives you the lead, so it is something to be noted.
Scumtells are scumtells because they signpost particular thought processes which are commonly found on members of the scum team. What thought process do you think went into Nebby's OMGUS vote at the beginning of the day which would signify an anti-town alignment?

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
It strikes me as strange. After all, you didn't really say anything significant about the majority of players. Having strong thoughts only 24 hours into a game isn't expected or, oftentimes, possible on this site, given our activity levels. I just think you jumped the gun, and I'm trying to establish the rationale behind that decision and what alignment that rationale might come from.

Well, I have nothing more to say. I do not pay attention to how long has it been since the game started. If I have enough things to say, I say them. Can you give me an example of one thing I said that was better kept for later?

Nyora

A Cat
Oop noticed jade voted LC, don't want anyone lynched too fast.

##UNVOTE: Little Cherrim

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Opinions on recent happenings coming soon. Here's my activity thoughts:
We had less than 30 posts in the first day of Day 1. That's ridiculous. Five games ago, we would have had at least 100 posts and some lead by now, if not 150-200 posts.

Players seem to not know why RVS works or why we do it, which is why we can't get any progress. When I have to explain how to RVS to Rainy (and other players) for who knows how many games now, and yet he still says "idk" about his vote, that's really frustrating. Camo might be annoying at times, but if there's one thing he's great at doing, it's starting off games with discussion.
@Everyone If you are ever viewing the thread, I will expect you to comment. In this size of a game, your voice and your opinion matters more than ever.

I'll ask some questions to everyone who doesn't normally contribute much Day 1 (which is over half the game. If that's not indicative of how apathetic this community currently is, I don't know what else is.):

@Jadethepokemontrainer What posts have caught your eye as scummy so far?
@rainyman123 In your mind, what are some indicators of scum, and who has performed them so far?
@GM DracLord How do you think you can help us out more Day 1 (and do it in your post, if you can)?
@Blakers You're back playing, and you're more talkative on Day 1 than I ever recall. How have you tried to improve since our game?
@Nebby Baggington For those who have not played with you before, how would you characterize your playstyle?
@Little Cherrim You normally don't talk unless asked a question, so I'll ask you a basic one: Who do you find scummy so far and why?
@TheSceptileMaster Same thing as LC. Why do you find scummy so far and why?

Nyora

A Cat
It is natural if you but of course I have to deal with your taking lead, ninjapenguin. Anyways I find scattered scummy actually, he is just popping up as scummy, he seems a bit different than other times I've played with him.

Celever

Wheeeee~
Well, I have nothing more to say. I do not pay attention to how long has it been since the game started. If I have enough things to say, I say them. Can you give me an example of one thing I said that was better kept for later?
The point isn't that things should have been said later, but rather why you felt the need to say them at all.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Scumtells are scumtells because they signpost particular thought processes which are commonly found on members of the scum team. What thought process do you think went into Nebby's OMGUS vote at the beginning of the day which would signify an anti-town alignment?

Well, that thought process is something you can't really say out loud before the accused actually say what he was thinking. Nevertheless, Blakers already spilled the 2 options that one is townie and one is scummy, meaning it is totally WIFOM now to analyze Nebby's answer.

My vote is still on him, just because I will bother changing it later on when I find a better lead.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
Opinions on recent happenings coming soon. Here's my activity thoughts:
We had less than 30 posts in the first day of Day 1. That's ridiculous. Five games ago, we would have had at least 100 posts and some lead by now, if not 150-200 posts.

Players seem to not know why RVS works or why we do it, which is why we can't get any progress. When I have to explain how to RVS to Rainy (and other players) for who knows how many games now, and yet he still says "idk" about his vote, that's really frustrating. Camo might be annoying at times, but if there's one thing he's great at doing, it's starting off games with discussion.
@Everyone If you are ever viewing the thread, I will expect you to comment. In this size of a game, your voice and your opinion matters more than ever.

I'll ask some questions to everyone who doesn't normally contribute much Day 1 (which is over half the game. If that's not indicative of how apathetic this community currently is, I don't know what else is.):

@Jadethepokemontrainer What posts have caught your eye as scummy so far?
@rainyman123 In your mind, what are some indicators of scum, and who has performed them so far?
@GM DracLord How do you think you can help us out more Day 1 (and do it in your post, if you can)?
@Blakers You're back playing, and you're more talkative on Day 1 than I ever recall. How have you tried to improve since our game?
@Nebby Baggington For those who have not played with you before, how would you characterize your playstyle?
@Little Cherrim You normally don't talk unless asked a question, so I'll ask you a basic one: Who do you find scummy so far and why?
@TheSceptileMaster Same thing as LC. Why do you find scummy so far and why?

You are correct, I don't know why RVS works or why people do it, though I vaguely remember it is to see reactions?

Could you please further explain?

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
If it's not because I should have said them later on (pulling my gun early) then what is it that bothers you with me posting thoughts about players?

Status
Not open for further replies.