Finished Mafia XLIII - Battle of the Royal Palace ~ GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
Lorde did say in her PM that your ability was stolen, which was why I thought that that was Josh's reasoning for saying so

Great point QP, I neglected to notice that *oops*.

However, it seems that wasn't Josh's justification so yea...

I used the verb "stolen" because you said someone decided to weaken your role by removing your ability. When you said someone I thought you were referring to another player who removed your ability, which can also be seen as stealing it.

Yes you are correct. Another player probably did remove my ability. But stealing and removing are very different terms because stealing implies that you take the item you are stealing for yourself (so perhaps someone took my ability and now has the ability and might use that ability) whereas removing is removing from someone's possession,
(without specifying where the ability goes; in this case I would have imagined that it would be discarded).

If anyone has time (maybe @NinjaPenguin ?) perhaps check if A Dragon of Destiny has any links with Cel or Scattered from previous posts/stuff? That might help here in this scenario. (I don't think LC posted besides a RVS so I don't think we need to worry about him).

I was gonna reply to the indie thing, but whatever I'ma drop it, I am still insisting that I am not an indie, but I'm not gonna continue the discussion cause I don't gain anything from arguing about that.

And Ill respond to more stuff in a later post

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
It wasn't anything you said that convinced me you had more than 1 ability. If that was really the case, I would have called you out the moment I read that post. It was actually NP proposed that you might be the indie. He made a couple of good points, which led me to believe you definitely had an ability you hadn't mentioned. So naturally, I called you out about it hoping you would claim.

The post I made did contradict my first one, but I asked it after NP said that the ability to find 1 player not aligned with kingdom was the ability that got stolen. If I'm already in a position where I believe you have a second ability you didn't claim, why wouldn't I be curious what it is. From my perspective knowing whether you had another ability and what it is, could be the key to whether you are the indie or not.

Well having the ability "to find at least 1 player not aligned with the kingdom" wasn't your only role. You had another ability which you claimed got stolen from you.

If it wasn't anything I said that drifted you to the conclusion that I had more than 1 ability, then why did you make the statement I bonded for you with seeming confidence?

I'm a little unsure about this. It looks like another contradiction, suggesting in the first post that a) He could the indie, and b) a claim could be the key to figuring out if he is the indie. But in the second post you say that he's a "confirmed townie"? What do you really mean here?

Well you are kind of on the right track maybe.

What I got from his posts were

- He thinks I might be indie
- Then wants me to claim
- Reasoning for above is to confirm me to townie and not scum??

Last time I checked, if someone are in a "neutral" alignment, then they are not aligned with "scum" so therefore said person is not "scum" and therefore the below quote has completely invalid reasoning for wanting me to claim.

Limited to none.

I wanted him to claim because every other "confirmed townie" so far has claimed their role, except him. Honestly, I don't think TAE claiming helps the scum whatsoever. It's most likely there are 3 scum in this game, because if otherwise it would be very unbalanced. That being said, with probably only 1 scum left, if TAE claims and turns out to be townie well then that's one more person who won't get lynched during the day and forces the scum into an even worse position.

-----------------

Also, I prefer the Trainer Josh lynch a lot more now than the Blakers lynch, cause Blakers comments all seem reasonable, although they might seem scummy, they *could* be honest mistakes, so fine, at least they aren't clearly contradictory >.<

Trainer Josh

Competitive TCG Player
Given how desperate everyone is for a target for the day lynch, guess a mistake is going to cost me this game. Lol it's been a fun 24 hours playing!

That being said, after my lynch:
  • I guess I don't have any new leads or info, but go with TAE on looking into Blakers, seems legit.
  • Personally I don't think Mirdo is good target anytime soon, especially if your basis is his posts "didn't make sense".
  • Drac would probably be the next best pick after Blakers, because the only lead I can think of on him is he is trying to lay low. Which has actually been working to be honest, as he has been the target of very few claims (said claims for lack of a better word).
  • At this point everyone else has been cleared, and TAE isn't even worth looking into. Not sure if it's possible, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear there wasn't even an indie in this game at all. Unless maybe the weddding going through and happening was the indie's goal to win...

Trainer Josh

Competitive TCG Player
Unless maybe the weddding going through and happening was the indie's goal to win...
Emphasis on this, because I'm curious whether it was actually possible this could have been the indie's win condition. I'm not sure whether this conclusion was obvious, but if it wasn't Sherlock Holmes himself just made a brilliant connection!:D

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Day 3: Activity Notice #1

- @mirdo [2]
- @Jadethepokemontrainer [3]
- @GM DracLord [3]
- @quakingpunch73 [2]
- @Blakers [2]

If your name is tagged, you have yet to complete the post requirement. You should see a number in brackets next to your name. That number indicates how many more posts you need before you reach the post requirement. Remember, if you don't reach that post requirement by the end of the day, you get modkilled.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Day 1 Scattered ISO:
##VOTE:Rainyman123
Pretty valid case for the first few hours of a Day 1, I'd say.

@Nebby Baggington - what do you have to say for your defense?
Because it was funny.
Yeah that was supposed to be "buy". He responded to it, so that might help in next days, but yeah.. new player, hard to judge.
So you are a passive player? You only talk when you have to say something? Or are you an active player, who tries to find things to talk about in order to find scums?
After looking at it few times, I don't really see it as OMGUS that is scummy in it being panicked, but more as aggressed OMGUS, which on new players is not so much of a problem. However, you and him said he's not new to Mafia, soo.. I guess it's something to note.

##UNVOTE:
##VOTE: Nebby

Hardly a valid case, but better than RVS.

@TheSceptileMaster disappearance is weird. By now the host should have announced his V/LA, but since she didn't, I guess she has no clue where he is. Thus, I think it is pointless to vote him for now, since your pressure is going on a potential modkilled/subbed player.
Any reason you chose to tag this specific set of players?
Yeah, I also noticed that, but whatever.

So right now, since I don't have any knowledge about Discord Mafia, do you know anything about other players here that also play there?
If it's not because I should have said them later on (pulling my gun early) then what is it that bothers you with me posting thoughts about players?
Well, I really did want to know why I jumped the gun, according to Celever, so that's why I asked what I was supposed to keep for later. That read list was early, sure, but.. still to this point I don't get what's wrong with it. So I can't say anything in response, because in my view, looking into each player and trying to get them to talk or just spill your thoughts on, is how players should play. Actually, during RVS, doing this thing is actually the best, because it just brought this game from being totally inactive to instantly generate 2 pages of discussion. Sure, it somehow went backfire and somehow I am being attacked over doing this, but I am truly happy with it. It's better spilling your thoughts on any given tiny issue, because that's what makes the game being active and interesting.
Maybe I used the wrong word. I meant that he didn't remind Rainy to answer. It's a minor point that I think often can happen to scumbuddies, where you ask your scumbuddy a question, but you don't bother insisting on getting the answer. It can happen to town, though, from different reasons of course (just not remembering it). It just gets a bit stronger if you take the second point into consideration.
You have nothing at all to say about all the things that happened until now?
Put down a vote, at least if you haven't :)
I don't but it. How about you @NinjaPenguin ?
Strange tag of me, which I still don't understand.
LC was hardly in any danger of being turbo lynched.. Why were you so worry?
Loaded Question.
No one can read your mind and your intention, NP.
I didn't get this statement then and I still don't get it now.
1- getting rainyman to talk more. Keeping things short is scummy to me. You want to keep things short if you don't want to slip.
2- You are flying under the radar, although it's early to fully judge you, I don't see why not in order to get you here and talk, which I succeeded with.
3- Why is that not necessary? (on Blakers)
Call Rainy scummy.
Nothing special has happened to make any thoughts of. There is the Rainy case, but that townie point NP made was something I also noticed, and I think it is a good point in favor of Rainy. I'll let rainy answer the later scummy points first.
Wishy-Washy comment on alignment. He wants the rainy lynch to happen, but doesn't want to get the blame for it.
Doesn't pursue this.

Dismissing a case before giving the accused player to respond.

-----

Nebby needs to respond regardless, his disappearance is weird.
Calling Quaking scummy.

The big thing of note here seems to be that he likes to call townies scummy, and cast doubt into what they say.
I had some things to say about almost every player. When that happens, I use a read list.
I think OMGUS in every stage of the game can be a scumtell depending on the context. It's usually the little things you get from a player that gfives you the lead, so it is something to be noted.
Well, I have nothing more to say. I do not pay attention to how long has it been since the game started. If I have enough things to say, I say them. Can you give me an example of one thing I said that was better kept for later?
Like what?
nono don't you dodge. What in your opinion was unnecessary to write? You specifically said "some of" not all of.
Oh sorry, thought you quote the whole post.
Seriously, why not? I'm really baffled by that. The only things that are not worth saying early on is your role and fluff (fluff being always not worth). Encouraging inactives to talk, saying things I picked from others as townie or scummy those are much necessary, and I do not understand the majority thought this game has that doing a read list early is unnecessary, to the point it is scummy.

I get it, but it was more of a way to tick you to come here and post. The thing that was accomplished is you posting. I can't know if it's because of me or because of you.

To say that Blakers gave me townie vibes? This is town hunting. It is as important as scumhunting. And Blakers activity and the way he's trying to scumhunt is townie to me.
What do you mean? I tagged each person and said what I had in mind. Those being almost each one of them excluding Nebby Quaking and TSM, which I tagged for the sake of the read list including everyone.
If you intentionally keep things short, I hardly believe you are doing it to stop you from fluffing, instead of trying not to give away to much things to be used and analyzed. Town usually do not think about the length of the things they say.
Wait, so you understand why I did it, so people will start talking, (which immediately happened), but you don't understand why it was in one list? I don't understand. And I think I am missing here something that might be a huge misunderstanding on my part, so if you all can be more specific, that would be appreciated, because I really don't get it.
Even with all of these interactions with Cel saying his arguments are bad, scattered never once called him scummy. The fact that scattered doesn't like to call his scumbuddies scummy is certainly something worth noting.
@Blakers - Just in case you forgot to answer these.
What makes this strange is that Blakers hadn't even posted since those questions were asked. That's really suspcious, if you ask me.
Blakers: +1 Scum Point
Players assessment so far:

- @rainyman123 - Few words each post. When he was town last game he used more words on each post.
- @Celever - Flying under the radar, despite being usually active.
- @Jadethepokemontrainer - She's playing?
- @NinjaPenguin - Active, trying to get out from RVS by asking people why they voted an RVS vote, to gauge potential reaction, minus the aggressive tone from last game where he was scum, but there is no indication there because it is easily adaptable as scum.
- @Blakers - Active, and is giving me early townie vibes.
- @quakingpunch73 - Mute
- @TheAnticipationEevee - Same as Jade.
- @GM DracLord - I really want to see you scum hunting. Just an interesting thing to look at you doing, since I don't remember you doing this basic thing ever during D1. And you are one of the most experienced players. Why not giving it a try?
- @Little Cherrim - Same as Jade.
- @TheSceptileMaster - Mute
- @Nebby Baggington- Already said what I think.

Thoughts:

Rainyman and GM Draclord would do a great service, not only this game, but to the Pokebeach Meta by talking more and try to scumhunt during D1. You both are experienced players, yet you are experienced only by the virtue of signing up, and passively playing until you are one of the few remaining players late game.

Celever is inactive, but it's too early to judge, I guess.

Jade, TAE and LC - you are all have no difference between TSM and quaking. Where are you?
His whole "you don't talk" section seems to be mostly townies (except for Cel, who fsr he didn't group with the rest of them even though Cel was basically the same as them). I'd be willing to guess that the rest are townies (except potentially TSM and Quaking, who he couldn't exclude and get away with it). Blakers is his only town read, which is suspicious.
Jade: +1 Town Point
Josh: +1 Town Point

Why nolynch?
Similar loaded question to the ones he asked Nebby and Rainy.

tl;dr The ISO point towards Blakers being scum and everyone else (besides Drac) being town.

Seeing as Josh's AtE was very believable to me and Lorde's quote help him a lot, I'll:

##UNVOTE: Trainer Josh
##VOTE: Blakers

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
##Vote: Trainer Josh
Seeing as Josh's AtE was very believable to me and Lorde's quote help him a lot, I'll:
I actually think that Lorde's quote makes Josh a bit more scummy. Even though it backed up his argument, he didn't bring it up in his reasoning for saying that Eevee's ability was stolen, which makes it seem like he knows more about the situation than he lets on.

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!
The point about scattered not calling Celever or me scummy doesn't really seem valid to me as we both contributed a lot Day 1. You even thought Celever was town, so scattered didn't have much to call scummy. As for not posting before scattered tagged me about questions, I don't think it's fair to read too much into that because I simply wasn't on in that time period. And is analyzing scattered's read list WIFOM because he's scum? I'm a little confused about that so can you please explain why it is or isn't?
Given how desperate everyone is for a target for the day lynch, guess a mistake is going to cost me this game. Lol it's been a fun 24 hours playing!

That being said, after my lynch:
  • I guess I don't have any new leads or info, but go with TAE on looking into Blakers, seems legit.
You're still very much in the game, and we'd still like to know what you have to say. What about my case "seems legit" to you?

@Jadethepokemontrainer @mirdo @GM DracLord Who do you think should be lynched and why?

NinjaPenguin

##Vote: Trainer Josh

I actually think that Lorde's quote makes Josh a bit more scummy. Even though it backed up his argument, he didn't bring it up in his reasoning for saying that Eevee's ability was stolen, which makes it seem like he knows more about the situation than he lets on.
I think it may have been subconsciously embedded in Josh's head, and even he didn't realize it.
The point about scattered not calling Celever or me scummy doesn't really seem valid to me as we both contributed a lot Day 1. You even thought Celever was town, so scattered didn't have much to call scummy.
Scattered, if you remember, was scum. He could have easily said that Cel was scummy for a reason like "twisting his words", which would have been better than some of the other reasons he used.
As for not posting before scattered tagged me about questions, I don't think it's fair to read too much into that because I simply wasn't on in that time period.
It's not your fault. Scattered wanted to be sure you contributed, so he gave you a friendly reminder to do so (which is strange for him to want townie to do, as he really isn't concerned about a townie receiving heat).
And is analyzing scattered's read list WIFOM because he's scum? I'm a little confused about that so can you please explain why it is or isn't?
Scattered was not suspected when he posted that read list. When scum isn't suspected, what they say can be analyzed. It's really once scum is worried about their lynch that they begin to say WIFOM.
@Jadethepokemontrainer @mirdo @GM DracLord Who do you think should be lynched and why?
Give a more specific thing you want them to answer. They'll answer that if they post anyway.

@Blakers If Josh flips town, who do you think is scum?

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
Day 1 Scattered ISO:
Strange tag of me, which I still don't understand.

Loaded Question.

I didn't get this statement then and I still don't get it now.

Call Rainy scummy.

Wishy-Washy comment on alignment. He wants the rainy lynch to happen, but doesn't want to get the blame for it.

Calling Quaking scummy.

The big thing of note here seems to be that he likes to call townies scummy, and cast doubt into what they say.
Even with all of these interactions with Cel saying his arguments are bad, scattered never once called him scummy. The fact that scattered doesn't like to call his scumbuddies scummy is certainly something worth noting.
What makes this strange is that Blakers hadn't even posted since those questions were asked. That's really suspcious, if you ask me.

His whole "you don't talk" section seems to be mostly townies (except for Cel, who fsr he didn't group with the rest of them even though Cel was basically the same as them). I'd be willing to guess that the rest are townies (except potentially TSM and Quaking, who he couldn't exclude and get away with it). Blakers is his only town read, which is suspicious.
Jade: +1 Town Point

Similar loaded question to the ones he asked Nebby and Rainy.

tl;dr The ISO point towards Blakers being scum and everyone else (besides Drac) being town.

##UNVOTE: Trainer Josh
##VOTE: Blakers

To be fair though, Little Cherrim and Jade literally came in and posted their vote and left so he could have done two things which would have been leave them out or write something along the lines to what he said. (I think I posted like 2 things at the time there too). I don't think that grants any townie points.

NinjaPenguin

I still think he might have phrased it differently, seeing what he did with Cel. It's tenuous (maybe .5 points instead of 1), but still worth mentioning in my opinion.

Trainer Josh

Competitive TCG Player
What about my case "seems legit" to you?
As I said I don't have any new info or leads on you. I said "seems legit" because I believe TAE saying some of your posts/actions are scummy, could be a theory that holds water.
  1. Yes, I probably should've acknowledged scattered on Day 1. I legitimately did think Nebby was scum, though, so my effort went to him whereas the Day 1 scattered case didn't seem like it really was going anywhere, which you even said iirc.
  2. Okay, I can definitely start asking specific questions as opposed to general ones... but why didn't this get brought up sooner so I could make that correction earlier?
  3. I thought finding the identity of the messenger would help confirm a townie. I even looked at this website because I wanted to make sure that it generally was a town role. I was confused about the marriage, because Rainy didn't include it if he has it, and yet it's apparently having an effect on his role, so I asked to try and get some clarification.
  4. I wouldn't say that I've been particularly active since Day 1. I've been caught up with school and friends for the past 4 IRL days, and haven't been on Discord all that much.
This was the post you made to justify some of the actions you did that could have been seen as scummy. Of these 4 points, I believe 3 and 4 are just honest mistakes and the result of being busy before school starts. For 2 you didn't give a reason as to why your questions are always so general, you simply said you would start asking specific ones. And for 1 it's pretty easy to say "I legitimately did think" and "didn't seem like it was going anywhere" without actual proof, so this could just be a lie.
NP was quick to point out how vague this question you asked is, which is something you claimed you would stop doing in the post you made justifying your actions above.

NinjaPenguin

Day 2 Scattered ISO:
Rainy doesn't struck me as scummy. I don't understand what the case is on them.
Still, you get some scummy points for not putting your vote+ saying you will come back to post and never did.
On this day, scattered starts by playing somewhat normally. He calls Drac scummy, which point towards him being town.
Drac: +1 Town Point
Normally, if I was another person (not me or rainy) I would suggest that one of them is most likely scum, and because rainy is potentially a seer, scattered is the one who should be lynched, as it is a win win situation. Either you lynch a scum or you lynch a townie, but also get to expose a scum (rainy in that case, because of giving false results). However, in this case, it is different because:
A) It's me, and I know I'm town.
B)Rainy's results are not 100% sure, according to him.
To clarify point B : Even if I want to sac myself for the town, it wouldn't be a worth sacrifice that would expose 100% scum.
So... Rainy has an ability that in it he chooses a target, and get the result a night later? Then I am confused, he just chose me and therefore, I am scum? He has not received the results yet, so I wonder why did he tell everyone I am likely scum because of his ability, which has not brought any results yet? Or am I missing something?
btw, whoever hammers me gets an item, according to my ability. So.. there's that. Maybe that would help somehow.
"a Super Bell which they can use whenever they’d like."
For the rest of his posts, he's pretty sure he's being lynched, so he makes no connections (besides defending himself). The only read he gives is Rainy being town, but I think that's just to help preserve himself. The fact that he makes no connections, however, tells us that the earlier connections were most likely genuine, and not WIFOM.

tl;dr Everyone besides Blakers, who has earned scum points, has earned townie points at this time. In addition, scattered not making connections when he's afraid to be lynched points towards the earlier connections being valid.

P.S. I still like a Josh lynch a fair amount, and I think you're potentially on the mark, but what if that means he's an indie? Blakers has extremely strong connections with being scum, and I don't want to let him get away with it.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
Day 2 Scattered ISO:
On this day, scattered starts by playing somewhat normally. He calls Drac scummy, which point towards him being town.
Drac: +1 Town Point

For the rest of his posts, he's pretty sure he's being lynched, so he makes no connections (besides defending himself). The only read he gives is Rainy being town, but I think that's just to help preserve himself. The fact that he makes no connections, however, tells us that the earlier connections were most likely genuine, and not WIFOM.

tl;dr Everyone besides Blakers, who has earned scum points, has earned townie points at this time. In addition, scattered not making connections when he's afraid to be lynched points towards the earlier connections being valid.

P.S. I still like a Josh lynch a fair amount, and I think you're potentially on the mark, but what if that means he's an indie? Blakers has extremely strong connections with being scum, and I don't want to let him get away with it.

Uh we can constantly pester the people in danger of being mod killed to make more posts so then we can have more time and lynch accordingly.

(Or if Blakers doesn't make a post, he gets modkilled so you can also hope for that to happen :p)

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
I don't have much time to post, just got a bit of time online to skim over things. I'm thinking Josh is currently the best lynch option, based on what other people have said.
I will definitely be back online with more time tomorrow evening. Just thought I should drop in to confirm I'm still alive.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Then again maybe we should go Blakers. the fact we don't want to make the same mistake we did with Nebby. Josh said he is a new player, and this is his first day in the game.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
A was out if reach for the weekend, catching up but i do find the sudden increase of activity by josh weird

Trainer Josh

Competitive TCG Player
A was out if reach for the weekend, catching up but i do find the sudden increase of activity by josh weird
What do you mean by "sudden increase of activity"? When I took over for Dragon (who had already been subbed in for LC), I wasn't planning on getting mod killed, so naturally I increased my activity.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Day 3: Votecount #2

- All votes are in chronological order.
- The players being voted are in alphabetical order.
- The player(s) with the most votes is tagged.
- The majority to banish is 5.

Votecounts will be posted every two days.

Blakers (1): NinjaPenguin (vote) | NinjaPenguin (vote) |
mirdo (1): rainyman123 (vote) |
@Trainer Josh (2): TheAnticipationEevee (vote) | NinjaPenguin (vote) | quakingpunch73 (vote) |

You have 48 hours left in the day. Start making decisions. Remember, in the case of a tie no one is lynched!

Day 3: Activity Notice #2

- @mirdo [2]
- @Jadethepokemontrainer [1]
- @GM DracLord [2]
- @quakingpunch73 [1]
- @Blakers [1]

If your name is tagged, you have yet to complete the post requirement. You should see a number in brackets next to your name. That number indicates how many more posts you need before you reach the post requirement. Remember, if you don't reach that post requirement by the end of the day, you get modkilled. I'm not joking.

As you all know the activity in this game is beyond appalling. I think this game takes the cake for the worst activity ever in PB Mafia. That's incredibly sad. For instance, the thread has been quiet for almost a full irl day, and little has been said. If you guys don't plan on utilizing the precious time you have, I will shorten the day time. I'm 100% serious, I may cut 24 hours from Day 1 and speed this game along if this continues to be the pattern. You guys have a deadline, and it's approaching fast. You have little time, use it. I cannot stress this enough.

Tag: @rainyman123, @NinjaPenguin, @TheAnticipationEevee

NinjaPenguin

The debate figures to be between Blakers and Trainer Josh, so I suggest we just cut to the chase and have a debate between these two. As it stands, the points for the two are as follows (you can always add to them, if you want):

Blakers:

Reasons Why He's Scum:
Large connections between him and scattered
Active Lurking
Rolefishing
Tunneled a townie

Reasons Why He's Town:

Voted for scattered yesterday

Trainer Josh:

Reasons Why He's Scum:
Potentially has a scummy ability.
We were suspicious of the player he subbed in for.

Reasons Why He's Town:

Scattered interacted with him like he did with other townies
AtE seems genuine

For the points I have, Blakers has more scummy points than Josh and less townie points than him. This lynch should be a no-brainer.

Now then, I'd like everyone to respond to this post. Say who you think should be lynched and copy this post (or the last rendition of it) over to yours, adding whichever points to the two that you wish.

@mirdo
@Jadethepokemontrainer
@GM DracLord
@quakingpunch73
@Blakers
@rainyman123
@TheAnticipationEevee
@Trainer Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.