Finished Mafia XLIII - Battle of the Royal Palace ~ GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused about Rainy's role. He claimed seer, but not the marriage. When I asked about his marriage, NP said that it probably wasn't related to his role. So how could he become "heartbroken"and apparently useless? Can someone clear this up for me please?:confused:

Does anyone think it would be a good idea for the messenger to claim? It could help knock a player off of NP's list, since those are almost always Town.
The marriage was most likely in part of somehow involving the Toad or Toad safeclaim as I'm assuming Celever had. The night before I said anything about the marriage, it said I was preparing to get married to Celever. He is dead now, meaning more than likely his safeclaim is Toad, and since Toad is dead, Toadette is heartbroken and is useless. ##VOTE: mirdo

Your not making too much sense and it might be ok to know a little something about your ability.

The marriage was most likely in part of somehow involving the Toad or Toad safeclaim as I'm assuming Celever had. The night before I said anything about the marriage, it said I was preparing to get married to Celever. He is dead now, meaning more than likely his safeclaim is Toad, and since Toad is dead, Toadette is heartbroken and is useless..
What specifically makes you believe that Cel was Toad? I would guess that the ability was one that would work regardless of the characters involved.

Case on Blakers hopefully coming later today.

No. That role is completely not indicative of alignment.

If there are no counterclaims, Quaking is not scum. It's that simple.

I also might be reading TAE as indie:

The fact that you asked for that 5th vote is good, as there was no chance it would set off that hammer. The fact that you brought up an indie in your calculations (along with other times, such as "or a Neutral siding with scum in the same chat") points towards you being an indie, as indies like to bring up themselves first. Still, we should focus on scum first, not indies.

To be fair, you brought it up first when you were calculating "chance of scum" I think, but whatever. I don't get why an indie needs a role to find "at least 1 player not aligned with the kingdom" then if thats the discussion.

-------------------

Now everyone posted and nobody counter claimed so with 99% certainty, QP is vig. Period Dot.

To be fair, you brought it up first when you were calculating "chance of scum" I think, but whatever.
It made sense in my case. Indies aren't scum, which is why bringing them in the case of a scummy vote swap makes no sense.
I don't get why an indie needs a role to find "at least 1 player not aligned with the kingdom" then if thats the discussion.
?

I don't get why an indie needs a role to find "at least 1 player not aligned with the kingdom" then if thats the discussion.
Well having the ability "to find at least 1 player not aligned with the kingdom" wasn't your only role. You had another ability which you claimed got stolen from you.

Well having the ability "to find at least 1 player not aligned with the kingdom" wasn't your only role. You had another ability which you claimed got stolen from you.
Oh, that's what he meant. I think he claimed the find one scum in the group ability got stolen from him.

Thoughts on Blakers:
His posts are almost always one of or a combination of four things:
Tunnel Nebby (he never even acknowledged the scum-flipping scattered lynch Day 1)
Vague Activity Callouts (which don't advance the game state; asking inactives more specific questions gets them to contribute much more)
Rolefish the messenger/talk about the marriage (which are both distracting rolespec, especially the first one which is scummy, as opposed to just anti-town)
Answer a question (which is good, but basically required regardless of alignment)

That fact that he's one of the most active players while still doing so little is a clear sign of Active Lurking.

I'm going to ISO scattered and Cel today, to see what connections they have and hopefully find the last scum in the process.

##VOTE: mirdo

Your not making too much sense and it might be ok to know a little something about your ability.
You want to elaborate on that?

I was tired this morning so im sorry if i didn't make sense earlier. That happens sometimes when i write text.
Enough with the fluff.
Why is my ability relevant? I would've told everybody my results. But i didn't get any. Like i don't even got anything if it went through. And with what we know so far. I can assume it didn't.
So i think ya'll can agree that it wouldn't make sense to claim.

Why is my ability relevant? I would've told everybody my results. But i didn't get any. Like i don't even got anything if it went through. And with what we know so far. I can assume it didn't.
So i think ya'll can agree that it wouldn't make sense to claim.
Rainy, I must agree with Mirdo here that forcing a claim won't help the town unless Mirdo becomes a legit lynch option, which it is not rn.

Speaking of legit lynch options:
##VOTE: Blakers

Also, a last call for anyone else who wants to claim being a vig or having the marriage ability. I certainly will not believe you if you claim the vig after today (since you could just do it now to reveal a scum for us), and I will view the marriage ability as a scummy one if you don't claim it now.

Thoughts on Blakers:
His posts are almost always one of or a combination of four things:
  1. Tunnel Nebby (he never even acknowledged the scum-flipping scattered lynch Day 1)
  2. Vague Activity Callouts (which don't advance the game state; asking inactives more specific questions gets them to contribute much more)
  3. Rolefish the messenger/talk about the marriage (which are both distracting rolespec, especially the first one which is scummy, as opposed to just anti-town)
Answer a question (which is good, but basically required regardless of alignment)

4. That fact that he's one of the most active players while still doing so little is a clear sign of Active Lurking.

I'm going to ISO scattered and Cel today, to see what connections they have and hopefully find the last scum in the process.
  1. Yes, I probably should've acknowledged scattered on Day 1. I legitimately did think Nebby was scum, though, so my effort went to him whereas the Day 1 scattered case didn't seem like it really was going anywhere, which you even said iirc.
  2. Okay, I can definitely start asking specific questions as opposed to general ones... but why didn't this get brought up sooner so I could make that correction earlier?
  3. I thought finding the identity of the messenger would help confirm a townie. I even looked at this website because I wanted to make sure that it generally was a town role. I was confused about the marriage, because Rainy didn't include it if he has it, and yet it's apparently having an effect on his role, so I asked to try and get some clarification.
  4. I wouldn't say that I've been particularly active since Day 1. I've been caught up with school and friends for the past 4 IRL days, and haven't been on Discord all that much.

I don't get what part of anything I stated or posted makes you think I have more than 1 Ability.

This post seems scummy to me because I just said I stated my ability was removed, not stolen, removed and for the fact that I never stated that if I had more than 1 Ability. So my very blunt guess is he 'stole' my ability, and this was an accidental leak.

@TheAnticipationEevee was your ability to find at least 1 player not aligned with the kingdom stolen? Or was a different ability stolen from you?

Then this is just obvious backpedaling from the previous post cause in the old post he blatantly said that a different ability was stolen to me and now backpedaling to ask which one.

Oh, that's what he meant. I think he claimed the find one scum in the group ability got stolen from him.

Trainer Josh confused you here. My role was "weakened" by having an ability removed. My original post has been quoted for reference below. Again, nowhere do I say it was stolen, and tbh I don't know if it was stolen or removed, I was informed my role was getting weaker, but it seems to me scummy Trainer Josh knows exactly what is going on because he STOLE the ability from me.

Speaking of useless, someone decided to weaken my role by removing my ability :mad:

Wow, great catch! Just want to point out that his post helped me understand what the thing I asked about meant (which was you saying that an ability finding scum is useless for indie), not about what I said later in the post.

I guess we can let Blakers live a day longer:
##UNVOTE: Blakers
##VOTE: Trainer Josh

P.S.
I thought finding the identity of the messenger would help confirm a townie. I even looked at this website because I wanted to make sure that it generally was a town role. I was confused about the marriage, because Rainy didn't include it if he has it, and yet it's apparently having an effect on his role, so I asked to try and get some clarification.
My rule of thumb for alignments on this site is to look at this site's history for alignments of roles, then look at mafiascum, and only then look elesewhere. Both this site and mafiascum both have it as alignment neutral, and the article you found seems to be talking about the wrong role (when you look at the correct role, it says nothing about alignment but implies it can be on scum).

Speaking of useless, someone decided to weaken my role by removing my ability :mad:
I used the verb "stolen" because you said someone decided to weaken your role by removing your ability. When you said someone I thought you were referring to another player who removed your ability, which can also be seen as stealing it.

I don't get what part of anything I stated or posted makes you think I have more than 1 Ability.
It wasn't anything you said that convinced me you had more than 1 ability. If that was really the case, I would have called you out the moment I read that post. It was actually NP proposed that you might be the indie. He made a couple of good points, which led me to believe you definitely had an ability you hadn't mentioned. So naturally, I called you out about it hoping you would claim.
Then this is just obvious backpedaling from the previous post cause in the old post he blatantly said that a different ability was stolen to me and now backpedaling to ask which one.
The post I made did contradict my first one, but I asked it after NP said that the ability to find 1 player not aligned with kingdom was the ability that got stolen. If I'm already in a position where I believe you have a second ability you didn't claim, why wouldn't I be curious what it is. From my perspective knowing whether you had another ability and what it is, could be the key to whether you are the indie or not.

This post seems scummy to me because I just said I stated my ability was removed, not stolen, removed and for the fact that I never stated that if I had more than 1 Ability. So my very blunt guess is he 'stole' my ability, and this was an accidental leak.
Lorde did say in her PM that your ability was stolen, which was why I thought that that was Josh's reasoning for saying so, but:
I used the verb "stolen" because you said someone decided to weaken your role by removing your ability. When you said someone I thought you were referring to another player who removed your ability, which can also be seen as stealing it.
That's definitely scummy and kind of reads to me as a blantant lie/backpedal about the situation.
The post I made did contradict my first one, but I asked it after NP said that the ability to find 1 player not aligned with kingdom was the ability that got stolen. If I'm already in a position where I believe you have a second ability you didn't claim, why wouldn't I be curious what it is. From my perspective knowing whether you had another ability and what it is, could be the key to whether you are the indie or not.
Even if you were curious, what could be gained from the rolefish? Also, the goal of the game is for us to lynch the all the scum and not the indie, so why are you searching for the indie and not the scum?

@Trainer Josh I don't believe I've asked you about how experienced you are, so how experienced are you?
This is somewhat believable.
It wasn't anything you said that convinced me you had more than 1 ability. If that was really the case, I would have called you out the moment I read that post. It was actually NP proposed that you might be the indie. He made a couple of good points, which led me to believe you definitely had an ability you hadn't mentioned. So naturally, I called you out about it hoping you would claim.
How is the underlined section connected at all? Also, why try to force a claim (in the bolded section) that doesn't help town right now? As I've said, our #1 priority right now should be taking out scum. The indie can wait. Since Eevee is suspected as an indie, it makes no sense to want him to claim.
For the underlined section, contradicting is really scummy. For the bolded section, just because you're curious doesn't mean that you should do it. Scum can be benefited by knowing Eevee's role more than town can.

Ninja'd by Quaking.

@Trainer Josh I don't believe I've asked you about how experienced you are, so how experienced are you?
Limited to none.
@Trainer JoshHow is the underlined section connected at all? Also, why try to force a claim (in the bolded section) that doesn't help town right now? As I've said, our #1 priority right now should be taking out scum. The indie can wait. Since Eevee is suspected as an indie, it makes no sense to want him to claim.
I wanted him to claim because every other "confirmed townie" so far has claimed their role, except him. Honestly, I don't think TAE claiming helps the scum whatsoever. It's most likely there are 3 scum in this game, because if otherwise it would be very unbalanced. That being said, with probably only 1 scum left, if TAE claims and turns out to be townie well then that's one more person who won't get lynched during the day and forces the scum into an even worse position.

It was actually NP proposed that you might be the indie. From my perspective knowing whether you had another ability and what it is, could be the key to whether you are the indie or not.
I wanted him to claim because every other "confirmed townie" so far has claimed their role, except him. Honestly, I don't think TAE claiming helps the scum whatsoever. It's most likely there are 3 scum in this game, because if otherwise it would be very unbalanced. That being said, with probably only 1 scum left, if TAE claims and turns out to be townie well then that's one more person who won't get lynched during the day and forces the scum into an even worse position.
I'm a little unsure about this. It looks like another contradiction, suggesting in the first post that a) He could the indie, and b) a claim could be the key to figuring out if he is the indie. But in the second post you say that he's a "confirmed townie"? What do you really mean here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back