Finished Mafia XLI: Fight for the Dazzling Star ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
He did, and he said that it buffed (automatically) his superstar ability, upping his protection to three nights.
Why did you ask in thread though?

Also why hasn't anyone else posted yet? Literally if we make the wrong lynch, we lose. I spent a significant amount of my limited time last night writing up an analysis. Sitting around and not commenting on it or the game state does not help town win.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Looking back, something seemed off about PP's role, and I realized that his passive is very close in effect to simsands', albeit a few minor differences. I don't see hosts having abilities this redundant, especially when one is PP's entire role aside from a very scummy Superstar, and a passive that's out of play now.
Passive Ability: Tough Shell
Unless it's with the help of a Fire Flower or Star, it takes two hits to put you out of commission. Bowser especially learned it the hard way when he constantly failed to kill you in the cutscenes at the end of Mario Party 2 games. If Bowser attempts to kill you, you will hide in your shell, and that kill will be prevented. This Ability will then become locked.
PP, can you post all of your coin update PMs here in chat? I would like to see them with regards to your claim.

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar
Why did you ask in thread though?
Because I wanted him to tell you guys because I was under the impression he was Town and didn't want a mislynch. Can't do that if I asked him in the qt now, can I?

Looking back, something seemed off about PP's role, and I realized that his passive is very close in effect to simsands',
Because it's probably a safeclaim

Also, because I do very believ in my hunches right now and bb's arguments, ##FLEX: Professor Palutena

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Looking back, something seemed off about PP's role, and I realized that his passive is very close in effect to simsands', albeit a few minor differences. I don't see hosts having abilities this redundant, especially when one is PP's entire role aside from a very scummy Superstar, and a passive that's out of play now.

PP, can you post all of your coin update PMs here in chat? I would like to see them with regards to your claim.
This is a good point by quaking.

Because I wanted him to tell you guys because I was under the impression he was Town and didn't want a mislynch. Can't do that if I asked him in the qt now, can I?
I was thinking this, but I just wanted to be certain.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Sorry for double posting hosts, but PP, can I have your role with all of its abilities quoted from the conversation posted again for reference?

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Conversation as requested by quakingpunch73:

QG10EnLGWsVV6FIPuMGN8sRruEjZbuczVPEaM4vel6Hqe8TL0ozpHopQ7GQkAu_udj7YZOnKGxpPpHXdiJkZQUQmlMrm41YC0EaS4UpzYIdSzFlpkMMFInZUnTQ-xbrKLbBu5pcM

You are Luigi, and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. As Mario’s younger brother, people often overlook you, and your awkward personality doesn't help much. Occasionally you do help Mario with rescuing the Princess, but you don't get nearly as much recognition for anything, even though you've saved Mario’s life a few times.

Passive Ability: Cowardice
It's no secret that you're scared of a lot. So imagine how frightened you would be if Bowser or one of his minions tried to kill you in the middle of the night! If you are targeted by a Nightkill, you will flee in terror, and there will be no Nightkill.

Passive Ability: Extreme Phobia
Hidden: Revealed on Night 2

Active Ability: Courting
Unlocks: If Daisy (or the player with Daisy as a safeclaim) sends a letter to you. You may not claim or hint at this ability in-thread until it unlocks.

Superstar Ability: Boiling Engine

You are the proud creator of the Mario Party 1 stage Luigi’s Engine Room, one of the most complicated stages in the original Mario Party. This stage is home to the memorable credit sequence where the last place player gets burned by a steam generator. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Scald: [Player]. That player will have all their abilities permanently removed.

Win Condition: Eliminate all obstacles to the Mushroom Kingdom regaining the Dazzling Star.
hey man. Unfortunately a bunch of stuff popped up in the next month and I won't be able to be very active in this game. I'm thinking it would be best if you subbed me out. Sorry!
Thanks for telling us! It's always much nicer on the hosts this way.
You currently have 14 coins.
Night 1

You currently have 18 coins.
Night 2

Extreme Phobia has been revealed:

Passive Ability: Extreme Phobia
Unfortunately, you also have an extreme fear of Boos, which is even worse than your fear of Bowser’s Minions. When you see a Boo, you just freeze in place, unable to defend yourself. Just imagine what would happen if you were targeted by an even larger Boo! If King Boo targets you, you will die.
If you find a sub, could you sub me out? I feel bad about not being active and there's some end of school projects coming up
We'll do what we can! Thanks for the heads-up!
Is Cowardice always active?
You currently have 23 coins.
Night 3

What can I do with them?
If you get 20 coins, you get a Superstar, which allows you to use your Superstar Ability. There may or may not be other ways that coins can be used.
Since you have 20 coins, you may use your Superstar Ability.
Can I lose coins?
You have been offered a vine, which you may purchase for 5 coins. Do you accept the offer?
Well that answers that question.

No, I will not buy the vine.
I will, however, Steam: bbninjas.
Both submissions have been received.
You successfully removed bbninjas's role.
At the end of last night, you had 3 coins.
You currently have 8 coins.
Night 4

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Daily Vote Count
Professor Palutena (2): bbninjas (680-), Haunted Water (684-)
bbninjas (1): Professor Palutena (640-)
Not Receiving Votes: (lord o da rings, quakingpunch73, mordacazir, Haunted Water)

Player who needs to post more:

@Lord o da rings

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Considering quaking, morda and HW are all likely town, by process of elimination, Prof P and lord o are scum. I didn't actually notice this until I compiled this read list; my scum reads on the two developed when I noticed some of these quotes below, and this process-of-elimination just makes more confident. I also noticed that there are links between PP and lord o, and them being scumbuddies makes a ton of sense.
Process of elimination is the stupidest way to lynch in MYLO. I'm going to keep referencing Superheroes because a lot happened there, but process of elimination is exactly what caused the scum to win. We had killed 2 scum in 2 days, and we thought "by process of elimination" it was Drac. Never use this method, it will screw the town over.

This was the first thing that really stuck out to me on the re-read, because it's literally an echo of Prof P, despite being about ten minutes apart. lord o was echoing early on, seemed to fix herself up for a while, but then echoed again here. I remember a few games in the past where I slipped in-out as scum like this. This was only a single direct instance that I noticed during the read through, but I think it's significant.

Comparing these before/after read lists is interesting. I noticed how lord o's read on HW changed from Neutral to strong Town, which made sense in the context of the HW vs lord o thing from earlier. This is something that both alignments could've done; scum like to be 'friends' with the people who think they are scummy from experience, as it can sometimes soften another person's read on them.
I hadn't even seen the post he made by the time I posted mine. Plus, even if I were scum you think I'd keep defending them as town? No. Mord did that in Superheroes and that's why he got lynched, for defending mirdo.

Also a brief comment on Prof being "scummy", which is further indication of scumbuddying, because lord o has been elaborating on most of her other comments like this.
Again, I wouldn't be so defensive and say he's town if I were scum and he was my scumbuddy. It's a great way to get lynched, but not much else.

Here's the other thing... I'm pretty sure that most times that I've brought this up, both people pushing this as the reason I'm scummy (lord o and Prof P) have ignored this or otherwise not considered it.
Because I can see a bit of AtE, a mix of anger, and completely invalid points. If the leader of the town just allows the town to sheep behind them then it's everyone's fault, not just the town's.

Here's the dilemna that I'm facing. I'm confident that Prof P and lord o are the two scum remaining. The matter is, who to lynch? If lord o is scum and has a 1-shot lynchproof and it activates this phase, then when go into the night 4-2. I can't block the kill because my role got wiped, and I'm not willing to let the Night be decided by unknown mechanics - I wouldn't be surprised if the scum have a way to pull of a double kill tonight, and if there's a Night skip Stage, I wouldn't be surprised if there is also a Day skip Stage. If either of those things happen, we lose.

Considering that, I think Prof P should be lynched first. ##VOTE: Professor Palutena
I can't say I'm surprised by any of this, I usually get called out for being scum at some point every game. I'm still more sold on a morda lynch but it seems I can't really do anything about that. :I ##VOTE: mordacazir

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Daily Vote Count
Professor Palutena (2): bbninjas (680-), Haunted Water (684-)
bbninjas (1): Professor Palutena (640-)
Not Receiving Votes: (lord o da rings, quakingpunch73, mordacazir, Haunted Water)

Player who needs to post more:

@Lord o da rings
I voted for PP in a previous post.
@Professor Palutena, please tell us what Courting does, if it has unlocked. If not, tell us what NP told you when you posted your full role claim.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Process of elimination is the stupidest way to lynch in MYLO. I'm going to keep referencing Superheroes because a lot happened there, but process of elimination is exactly what caused the scum to win. We had killed 2 scum in 2 days, and we thought "by process of elimination" it was Drac. Never use this method, it will screw the town over.
I didn't follow Superheroes so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Anyway, I specifically said that I noticed evidence for you and Prof for being scum before I did a process of elimination, so the fact that you're latching onto this is scummy. Besides, why are you telling me that if there are three very likely town or confo-town (e.g. morda, HW and quaking), and because I know I'm town, then it makes you and Prof even more likely to be scum?

I hadn't even seen the post he made by the time I posted mine.
I find that hard believe, considering the time gap.

Plus, even if I were scum you think I'd keep defending them as town? No. Mord did that in Superheroes and that's why he got lynched, for defending mirdo.
Apart from this being very WIFOMy, I didn't say that you defended Prof for a reason - because you didn't. You said comments that tried to get people off his back, which is more indication of scumbuddying then actually defending them.

Again, I wouldn't be so defensive and say he's town if I were scum and he was my scumbuddy. It's a great way to get lynched, but not much else.
Can I also remind you of the context, which you have conveniently forgotten? You and Prof are trying to gain majority; in fact, if one of you go down, your chances of winning would be significantly decreased as you'd have to survive at least one more day, if not two, on your own, in a high confo-town environment. As such, you wouldn't be as concerned about buddying, but rather just keeping each other alive. You're using more WIFOM to play down your buddying, which is just furthering this case.

Because I can see a bit of AtE, a mix of anger, and completely invalid points. If the leader of the town just allows the town to sheep behind them then it's everyone's fault, not just the town's.
AtE? Anger? Invalid points? Please explain how this is the case. I'm frustrated because I've said this so many times already! That isn't appeal to emotion. You are painting me as scum because I'm trying to play the game, and because of what everyone else chooses to do. I have been trying to get people to scumhunt, or at least just give thoughts on the situation, and that shouldn't even be my responsibility. You are reaching.

I can't say I'm surprised by any of this, I usually get called out for being scum at some point every game. I'm still more sold on a morda lynch but it seems I can't really do anything about that. :I ##VOTE: mordacazir
---->Says the person who claims I'm using a bit of AtE. The bolded has no purpose in this post but to make people feel sorry for you. This is actual scummy AtE.

Wait hold up. @bbninjas, if you think lord is scum but aren't going after her because she might be lynchproof, what makes you think that pof p isnt lynchproof?
Lord o has claimed a lynchproof. There's no guarantee that she's telling the truth, and if she's lying, Prof P could possibly have a lynchproof. However, I think this is unlikely. Both players surely will not have the same Ability, so we can remove that possibility. So either one of the two can escape the lynch, or neither can.

If Prof P has a lynchproof
- If this is the case, then the scum are making a gutsy play where lord o is claiming Prof P's Ability in attempt to play the town.
- There is some evidence that suggests this is unlikely. lord o's claimed lynchproof works so perfectly with Rosalina, however I'm struggling to imagine it flavourfully on a Luigi safeclaim. I'm sure you could twist something to make it fit, but if both Rosalina and Luigi are safeclaim names, then the hosts would've probably chosen Rosalina as the lynchproof claim anyway. This is why I think it's actually lord o's Ability. It's not perfect evidence, but it's enough for me to consider this scenario unlikely.
- But bb, couldn't they have just swapped safeclaims or something? Maybe, but this is a huge risk to take. It's very easy to get caught out in a lie in this situation, and they probably didn't know whether or not a tracker or watcher existed. Again, there's a bit of WIFOM here.

If lord o has a lynchproof
- Obviously claimed this, so it makes sense. As Prof P having a lynchproof doesn't add up properly for me, then lord o either has a lynchproof or neither has one.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I didn't follow Superheroes so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Anyway, I specifically said that I noticed evidence for you and Prof for being scum before I did a process of elimination, so the fact that you're latching onto this is scummy. Besides, why are you telling me that if there are three very likely town or confo-town (e.g. morda, HW and quaking), and because I know I'm town, then it makes you and Prof even more likely to be scum?
WHEN DID I EVER SAY THIS??? Where and how are you drawing the conclusion that I'm saying that Prof and I are scum!? Morda is not confirmed, you are not confirmed, the only one who can be confidently confirmed is Quaking.
I find that hard believe, considering the time gap.
There's no way to confirm or deny anything, so fine. Believe what you will.
Apart from this being very WIFOMy, I didn't say that you defended Prof for a reason - because you didn't. You said comments that tried to get people off his back, which is more indication of scumbuddying then actually defending them.
Because I don't think he's scummy. That's it. No strong scumtells, informative posts, how am I supposed to draw a scum read from someone who's acting fairly town in my own eyes?
Can I also remind you of the context, which you have conveniently forgotten? You and Prof are trying to gain majority; in fact, if one of you go down, your chances of winning would be significantly decreased as you'd have to survive at least one more day, if not two, on your own, in a high confo-town environment. As such, you wouldn't be as concerned about buddying, but rather just keeping each other alive. You're using more WIFOM to play down your buddying, which is just furthering this case.
This is ridiculous since when have either Prof or I been confirmed scum? You're phrasing this as we confirmed. Stop, take it back a second, and broaden your view, or you will screw all of us over. WIFOM isn't even an area I specialize in or know how to deal with. It just kinda comes up whenever. You clearly don't know how I play, because if you did you wouldn't be making an accusation like this. This is an error I've made, and it's an easy one to make, so I'll let it slide...
AtE? Anger? Invalid points? Please explain how this is the case. I'm frustrated because I've said this so many times already! That isn't appeal to emotion. You are painting me as scum because I'm trying to play the game, and because of what everyone else chooses to do. I have been trying to get people to scumhunt, or at least just give thoughts on the situation, and that shouldn't even be my responsibility. You are reaching.
All I can do is laugh at this one because it's exactly what you're doing to me.
---->Says the person who claims I'm using a bit of AtE. The bolded has no purpose in this post but to make people feel sorry for you. This is actual scummy AtE.
And making people feel sorry for me is gonna keep me safe? It's kinda just commentary of my fate but you can interpret it as you see fit. You're also ignoring my regular attitude shift when accused. This is normal behavior for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.