Finished Mafia XLI: Fight for the Dazzling Star ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gdoePwjfzd1wWIILP9gUtezUKwyNL9x7p6mdncleBNFamNxiF7fAu0Tw6a7iJdyD8d0CLR9LtuGrnldl58fdSnERsD--SY_Tn9ZsyVBDz69iZTtiyOrDRtfuMr8a1eXdUPpQUgmM

You are King Boo, and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. You are a master at thievery and deception, and have many times tricked Mario and his friends down a fake path. Your whole business is based around stealing, so it disturbed you to find out that Bowser successfully took the Dazzling Star for himself. Now, you want it back, if only to prove your superiority.

Active Ability: Steal Coins
Your signature move is stealing coins from players. In Mario Party 1, you could do it for free, but gained the ability to get many more coins in later games, albeit for a price. Unfortunately, in this game you will be nerfed to your Mario Party 1 standards. Once a night, you may PM the hosts CoinSteal: [Player]. You will steal a number from 2 to 9 of their coins. If that player has less than 10 coins, you will steal between 20% and 90% of their coins (rounded down). You may not use Steal a Star on the same night that you use this ability.
No Action Bonus: 4 Coins

Active Ability: Steal a Star
The more damaging of your skills is stealing a star, which can throw of the balance of an entire party. Although you normally charge people for this exhausting service, you don’t have to pay yourself. Once per game during the night, you may PM the hosts StarSteal: [Player]. If that player has a Superstar, you will steal it from them. You may not use Steal Coins on the same night that you use this ability.
No Action Bonus: 0 Coins

Superstar Ability: -snip-
Win Condition: Eliminate all obstacles to the Mushroom Kingdom regaining the Dazzling Star.
And this is what happened after night 3

You may only make up to 5 posts today. In addition, your role has been updated:
gdoePwjfzd1wWIILP9gUtezUKwyNL9x7p6mdncleBNFamNxiF7fAu0Tw6a7iJdyD8d0CLR9LtuGrnldl58fdSnERsD--SY_Tn9ZsyVBDz69iZTtiyOrDRtfuMr8a1eXdUPpQUgmM

You are King Boo, and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. You are a master at thievery and deception, and have many times tricked Mario and his friends down a fake path. Your whole business is based around stealing, so it disturbed you to find out that Bowser successfully took the Dazzling Star for himself. Now, you want it back, if only to prove your superiority.

Win Condition: Eliminate all obstacles to the Mushroom Kingdom regaining the Dazzling Star.

No fancy posts from me because I'm tired and have had a rough day.

Before being vanilla-ised:

09tFP6QSut9k8y2O6pGilyyfajAFnBcXCrDFazGo-qR2Q93iC6NvDOwBMrPM5mHtRtiXoLEUSr-bb1hP7M6iNQHIRfQQSLyacJhAnYQOYmcxia4bMjTaV-GFliWId2ZxgOy7A556

You are Waluigi, and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. A mischievous man, you do whatever you want to. You used to hate the Mario Brothers, but have warmed up to them over the years, currently just being friendly rivals. You would have joined Bowser’s Minions, but Bowser didn’t promise any reward to you if you won. At least the Mushroom Kingdom promised you a fresh cake from Peach.

Active Ability: Mischief Maker
You are a master at causing trouble. In fact, you are such a master that you needed to be fought in Mario Party 3 if the player wanted the Mischief Star Stamp. You’ve decided that it would be fun to cause some chaos, so you will play a trick on some players. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Mischief: [Player 1] to [Player 2]. You will play a trick on Player 1, redirecting all of their actions that night to Player 2. You may not use this ability on the same night you use Waluigi’s Reign.
No Action Bonus: 5 Coins

Active Ability: Waluigi’s Reign
Luigi may have had a year named after him, but you had an entire reign named after you in Mario Party e. In the game Waluigi’s Reign, you tried to drop hammers on top of the unsuspecting Mario. Now, you’ll reuse your hammers for another purpose: disabling your foes. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Hammer: [Player]. That player will be hit by an hammer, preventing them from using any abilities (excluding Superstar Abilities) that night. You may not use this ability on the same night you use Mischief Maker.
No Action Bonus: 5 Coins

Superstar Ability: Rose Gift
In Mario Party 8, you always displayed a rose when you won a minigame, as a symbol of how suave you are. Now, you can use your rose to win over your enemies. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Rose. That night, if any player would attempt to kill you, you will give them a Rose, causing them to not kill you. In fact, they will fall in love with you instead! You will gain and QT with that player and they will become one-sided lovers with you (If you die, they will die with you. If they die, you will still survive.).

After being vanilla-ised:
Your role has been updated:
09tFP6QSut9k8y2O6pGilyyfajAFnBcXCrDFazGo-qR2Q93iC6NvDOwBMrPM5mHtRtiXoLEUSr-bb1hP7M6iNQHIRfQQSLyacJhAnYQOYmcxia4bMjTaV-GFliWId2ZxgOy7A556

You are Waluigi, and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. A mischievous man, you do whatever you want to. You used to hate the Mario Brothers, but have warmed up to them over the years, currently just being friendly rivals. You would have joined Bowser’s Minions, but Bowser didn’t promise any reward to you if you won. At least the Mushroom Kingdom promised you a fresh cake from Peach.

Night 1:
Mischief Maker: Jesi to TSM

You successfully redirected scattered mind to scattered mind.

And then updated it later despite me asking about it:
A correction for you:

Should have said:
You tried to redirect scattered mind to scattered mind, but it failed.

Night 3 Results:
You tried to block Professor Palutena, but it failed.

Active Ability: Magical Manipulation
The amount of things you can do with your magical abilities is seemingly endless. You can even switch up what other people do when you want to! On Night 0, you must PM the hosts a list of five players. Each Night Phase after Night 0, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. Any Active Abilities used by that player that night will be randomly replaced by an Active Ability from one of the five players you selected on Night 0 (excluding Superstar Abilities).
No Action Bonus: 4 Coins
SONOFA--

Also, morda's role is suspicious to me. I don't think that's town at all...

Daily Vote Count
@bbninjas (1): Professor Palutena (640-)
Not Receiving Votes: (Professor Palutena, lord o da rings, quakingpunch73, mordacazir, Haunted Water)

Very nice activity for an unexpected first day. Keep up the good work!

SONOFA--

Also, morda's role is suspicious to me. I don't think that's town at all...
Yeah, I targeted you N3, only night I used it. I guess Philanthropist was the ability that got picked. This ability is so random it's not helpful though.

And mord's role is super suspicious, I agree, but is that enough to go off of? He has laid low all game.

Yeah, I targeted you N3, only night I used it. I guess Philanthropist was the ability that got picked. This ability is so random it's not helpful though.

And mord's role is super suspicious, I agree, but is that enough to go off of? He has laid low all game.
I AM STILL SO SALTY ABOUT THAT

And yes, he has. And it makes him even more suspicous...

For the record, I cut part of my role out because it mentions King Boo. I assumed he was scum which is why I left it out:

Passive Ability: Extreme Phobia
Unfortunately, you also have an extreme fear of Boos, which is even worse than your fear of Bowser’s Minions. When you see a Boo, you just freeze in place, unable to defend yourself. Just imagine what would happen if you were targeted by an even larger Boo! If King Boo targets you, you will die.

Dunno if it has any connection to morda's alighnment though.

@Professor Palutena how many times have you used your Superstar Ability?
@mordacazir do you mind claiming your Superstar Ability? It would give us a better handle on your role, since your other abilities revolve around getting enough coins to use it.

Superstar Ability: Haunted Hideaway
In Mario Party 8, you were the host of Boo’s Haunted Hideaway, where you surprise guests with your makeover mojo and pitfalls. Now, you will surprise Bowser’s Minions. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Makeover. That Night, everyone will be lost, causing every lethal ability (including the Nightkill) to randomly redirect to someone else (besides the user of the lethal ability). In addition, you will carefully watch over the players, protecting you from any kills that night.

No fancy posts from me because I'm tired and have had a rough day.

Before being vanilla-ised:

After being vanilla-ised:

Night 1:

And then updated it later despite me asking about it:
1. Those are abilities I had, or scumbuddies had when I was scum.
2. In your actions night 1, you say Jesi to TSM, but than it says you redirected scattered mind to scattered mind. Did you fake those actions?
3. I haven't seen any role yet that has a ability that blocks other abilities except yours. So how could they have failed?
For the record, I cut part of my role out because it mentions King Boo. I assumed he was scum which is why I left it out:
Unfortunately, you also have an extreme fear of Boos, which is even worse than your fear of Bowser’s Minions.
Ehmmmm, how did you assume King Boo was scum when Bowser's Minions and Boos are being mentioned seperate?

Ehmmmm, how did you assume King Boo was scum when Bowser's Minions and Boos are being mentioned seperate?
Assumed King Boo was scum because he's canonically a bad guy and this game sticks close to flavor.

Plus it would give scum a way around dealing with a bulletproof townie, which is usually fairly common.

Also I'm really not feeling bb's claim.

Roleblocker, Redirector and Lover are usually all seen on scum.
They are also commonly seen on town, and are actually super lethal in that they can stop those crucial nightkills.

1. Those are abilities I had, or scumbuddies had when I was scum.
See above.

2. In your actions night 1, you say Jesi to TSM, but than it says you redirected scattered mind to scattered mind. Did you fake those actions?
That's the thing. For some reason my action got redirected to scattered, and failed for obvious reasons.

3. I haven't seen any role yet that has a ability that blocks other abilities except yours. So how could they have failed?
I asked the hosts about this, whether it meant that my action was blocked or prevented somehow, or whether it means that it fired but failed to actually block (e.g. Prof P couldn't be blocked). Also, keep in mind that scum could easily be lying about their roles, so just because it hasn't been claimed doesn't mean it actually exists.

Assumed King Boo was scum because he's canonically a bad guy and this game sticks close to flavor.

Plus it would give scum a way around dealing with a bulletproof townie, which is usually fairly common.
King Boo is either a safe claim or an actual role. I highly doubt that King Boo is the role name of an actual scum role, so reading someone based that sort of thing doesn't work.

Busy again, probably my only post today.

So both morda seems like an excellent lynch to me. He has flown under the radar since D1, kinda just getting by.

Also this:
For the record, I cut part of my role out because it mentions King Boo. I assumed he was scum which is why I left it out

With the combination of Prof's passive, and morda's ability, I am now more wary of morda...

Daily Vote Count
@bbninjas (1): Professor Palutena (640-)
Not Receiving Votes: (Professor Palutena, lord o da rings, quakingpunch73, mordacazir, Haunted Water)

Today, unfortunately, has disappointingly low activity. Try to get in at least one post per IRL day. Also, since the day has an extended length, I'll start posting about activity tomorrow.

So, I read back from the start of Day 3 to now and I'm pretty sure I know who are scum. First, some more random things:

Celever, have you prayed at all to the Shy Guy Wells?
Why did you ask this question? Did Celever mention any of this in your QT? (He didn't in mine.)

Just because of flavor probably Kamek.
So, my role has been updated with no abilities at all instead of the ones I had, and together with that NP said I can only post 5 times today, so let's make the most of those posts. First of all my reads:
@Celever :Slightly scum, because his metashift.
@Lord o da rings : Town. Consistent good posts and nothing scummy about her.
@Haunted Water : Neutral. I don't think his actions were scummy,
@bbninjas : Neutral I just can't get a read on him.
@Professor Palutena : Neutral same as bbninjas
@quakingpunch73 : I guess slightly town? Only because of the safeclaim though.
I just find the bolded interesting considering you later said that you don't make quality posts. I'm reading a shift in attitude between these posts (one optimistic, one pessimistic) which is interesting, but I don't think it's that important.

First of all, I'm sorry, I miscounted, but lynching an Indie is a good thing right?:cool:
Either way, this comes across townie to me. I can't put my finger quite on it, but I just don't think scum would admit that they hammered and 'justify' it like this. It makes me more confident that he's town.

Then reads:
@quakingpunch73 Pretty much confo-town. Two indies have flipped, and shot scum. I can't think of any situation where he's not town.
@mordacazir The post restrict + block/vanilliser sounds very much like a scum-Ability, especially since no one has claimed doing it. I've also been reading him pretty townie across the game, so town.
@Haunted Water Seers are more likely than not town, and even then, scum tend to not have weird Abilities like his. So unless the hosts got extra creative with safeclaims, then from a role side of things, leaning town. I also think he's been scumhunting well, even if I don't agree with his points all the time, I think that's more indication of a meta shift. Leaning town.
@Professor Palutena Still reading scum. I especially think the push on Celever was a reach; it was quaking who actually put forward a good case imo. He's been trying to push a reachy case on me (he's 'leading', let's lynch) for a while now, and he's been dodging actually elaborating on it. Scum.
@Lord o da rings So after reading back, I'm growing increasingly confident with them being scum. I think she's been a bit opportunistic in her scumhunting and voting, which I think HW was alluding to earlier.

Considering quaking, morda and HW are all likely town, by process of elimination, Prof P and lord o are scum. I didn't actually notice this until I compiled this read list; my scum reads on the two developed when I noticed some of these quotes below, and this process-of-elimination just makes more confident. I also noticed that there are links between PP and lord o, and them being scumbuddies makes a ton of sense.

@quaking please explain the kill.
Okay @quakingpunch73 why shoot? Rainy was scummy but wasn't confirmed scummy. Shooting is always a gamble and I think you made a risk for the good of the town, so townie points there, but unfortunately, he was a townie. If I recall vigilantes usually die within a day after shooting a townie. Is this true or not?
This was the first thing that really stuck out to me on the re-read, because it's literally an echo of Prof P, despite being about ten minutes apart. lord o was echoing early on, seemed to fix herself up for a while, but then echoed again here. I remember a few games in the past where I slipped in-out as scum like this. This was only a single direct instance that I noticed during the read through, but I think it's significant.

@Professor Palutena - You still haven't said enough. Neutral
@Haunted Water - There's so much about you and what you have said that confuses me from yesterday. Neutral
@bbninjas - Epist dying after casting suspicion on BB is shady, but not enough to convince me he is scum. Neutral
@quakingpunch73 - I have no doubt in my mind he is town. Town
@mordacazir - Whatever happened to him last night makes me believe he's town. Town
@Celever - He was buffed by praying to rainy? K. Definitely the hardest to read of any of you. IDK
@Haunted Water - I am confident he's not scum. Only if Celever flips scum do we need to look into him. Town
@Celever - Quaking and Prof bring up good points and holes in what he's been saying, but I'm gonna refrain from voting because he'd be at L-1. Scum
@bbninjas - I've said it twice before, but again Epist dying after pushing him is shady, but there's not much else indicating anything at all. Neutral/Scum Leaning
@Professor Palutena - Said more since I last read him and I like what he's said. Town
@quakingpunch73 - After everything going on today I'm just putting him as in between. Neutral

...and I had to recall the 6th person...

@mordacazir - But they're kinda excused because of their posting limit. Also, note they've only made one post and did not get an activity warning, so, for now, I'm gonna guess he's not lying about that. Town
Comparing these before/after read lists is interesting. I noticed how lord o's read on HW changed from Neutral to strong Town, which made sense in the context of the HW vs lord o thing from earlier. This is something that both alignments could've done; scum like to be 'friends' with the people who think they are scummy from experience, as it can sometimes soften another person's read on them.

However, the more significant difference that I didn't really notice earlier was how Prof P's read also changed from neutral to town. The thing is, this change was pretty spotaneous, and the reason for it is weak. Lord o said that "I like what he said" as the reason, clarifying later that "his points made sense". That's a very reachy thing to base a read on, let alone cause a change from neutral to town. This is the biggest evidence for Prof P/lord o scumbuddies imo; I think lord o was trying to not attach themselves too much by reading neutral, but then later moved to a town read when myself/HW expressed some suspicions (HW changed to a townier read on him a bit later, however) (see context around here).

On the contrary mord, only a single post is still little, with a limit of 5 posts you could easily designate one post per day, mind giving us your thoughts on D4 since you've last posted? Anyways, so far today I see three possible candidates, only two of them good:

- @Celever is an obvious choice because he's had moments in the game that just don't match up with how he normally plays. Contradicting himself, pushing quaking's lynch out of nowhere (which granted is possible, but not the most beneficiary), and the attitude problem I have yet to get over from D1. I also think Celever's flip could give us more accurate reads on @bbninjas and @Haunted Water. He's also been (or tried to be) a leader of the town, and I feel like he's trying to put himself in that position to gain control of the town.
- @bbninjas is the same deal as Celever with the whole leader thing, but his lynch provides less information on other players going into D5.
- @quakingpunch73 could easily be an indie, but this is role speculation, which has absolutely ruined the town in the past. This is the main reason keeping quaking, at least for today, is less damaging than keeping Celever or bb around. He also could very well be town, and even if he is an indie, he seems to be harmless at this point in terms of killing at night. If he's only got 2 shots, he clearly used them both. The least helpful lynch in my opinion.

Another gripe I have right now is I'm remembering when Camo just strolled in last game and took over the town with his gameplay. No one questioned him ever, which made it easy for him to take over the game. bbninjas and Celever have both been big figures in the town since D1, and sure they're being questioned and all, but they're still here. One thing I hate about the town is it always gets taken over by 1 or 2 leaders (at least 1 of which just so happens to be scum). This isn't really anything, but it's a gut feeling of mine right now and it's making me wary of Cel and BB.

I hope this is just the alcohol talking because the case is not OMGUS, like at all.
The other thing is that this post, aside from the change in read, completely ignores Prof P. I would have thought that in the context, lord o would have said at least something else about Prof... especially if she brought up me, considering I wasn't really a strong lynch option around that time.

100% bandwagoning.

I'm still sold on a Celever lynch. Prof really isn't that scummy in my opinion. ##VOTE: Celever only if Celever flips town would I be scared of Prof being scum. @mordacazir or @Haunted Water one of you can make the final call.
Also a brief comment on Prof being "scummy", which is further indication of scumbuddying, because lord o has been elaborating on most of her other comments like this.

What makes you think bb is scum?
Prof P never actually responds to this, despite suggesting a mass claim only a few posts later. In fact, Prof P still never ended up responding to my follow-up post, and has been generally dodging.

Can people stop reading me because "I'm trying to lead town"? First off, I'm not trying to lead town. Second off, if town choose to blindly follow a player, it's not that player's problem, it's the town's. The amount of times I've had to say this is driving me up the wall.
Here's the other thing... I'm pretty sure that most times that I've brought this up, both people pushing this as the reason I'm scummy (lord o and Prof P) have ignored this or otherwise not considered it.

If you realised that it's not helpful, then why did you use it in the first place?

--

Here's the dilemna that I'm facing. I'm confident that Prof P and lord o are the two scum remaining. The matter is, who to lynch? If lord o is scum and has a 1-shot lynchproof and it activates this phase, then when go into the night 4-2. I can't block the kill because my role got wiped, and I'm not willing to let the Night be decided by unknown mechanics - I wouldn't be surprised if the scum have a way to pull of a double kill tonight, and if there's a Night skip Stage, I wouldn't be surprised if there is also a Day skip Stage. If either of those things happen, we lose.

Considering that, I think Prof P should be lynched first. ##VOTE: Professor Palutena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back