Finished Mafia XLI: Fight for the Dazzling Star ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
##UNVOTE: Jade
##VOTE: Celever

Honestly not sure of that was a joke or not, but I'm gonna take that slip seriously for now.

Wow, yous guys sure post alot in the few hours i selpt. If camo is in play, celever blocks of post would have been the usual C vs C post.

At this moment i dont really agreeing with celever on sm being scum.

However im curious on mirdo's read that he posted earlier. How do you read tsm which only have 1 post as far as i remember.

##unvote

@Lord o da rings show me the transition and shift of my behaviour with quotes throughout this game. It's much better than just saying it exists. :U
Sure.
##UNVOTE: scattered mind
##VOTE: rainyman123

Bandwagonning smh.
This post is scummy.

bb you're being way to hard on Cherrim it's confusing
You're actually being productive early on, or at least not being a huge distraction. This all changes when you're put into the spotlight:
Name both.
I'm impressed, frankly. I didn't realise that you have a spidey-sense, which lets you see things in games you don't know even happened.
What matters if you lied and exaggerated your way to casting suspicion on a townie. That's a pretty scummy thing to do, dontcha think? ^w^
You go aggressive and gain an attitude pretty much instantly after scattered says something about you. Thinking back to Superheroes this is not at all what you did.
Also bb your posts are dope and well-reasoned, but you also just dissipated all of the pressure I built up >.< We need to communicate better in the scumchat smh. No but really it's a little inconvenient because the point on Jesi still totally stands.
What even is this? This is just a nasty mix of jesting, AtE, and distraction. The difference in how he reacts, how he communicates, it's so obvious it's hard to not notice a complete shift.
I honestly can't tell if you posted this in the wrong place, are being extremely sarcastic, or you're a jester. We got a lead boys~
This.
I don't know about you guys, but I didn't see any of this in the last game or really any game I've played with Celever. Seems scummy to me just cuz it's not how I seen him play, I dont think he just puts often a lot of small text beneath his messages.
Same, this is completely different from Superheroes, in which he acted nothing like this. However, this has been said already, by a lot of people.
You could've at least stated a reason (weird or legit) with that to help with RVS.
Kinda what I said earlier.
While choosing to not do anything is p bad, iirc in one of the discord mafia games, when I was saying I didn't want to defend because there was nothing to be said, you said something along the lines of this post. Rainy agreed with me, and he was town in that game. You were there, you should know he plays like this. So, imo, you're just trying to find an easy target.
You were a wolf someone had seen, and suspicion had shifted to you. Rainy's role being town isn't relevant at all in that. You say he agreed there is no need to defend when it's confirmed, that's not the same thing as posting, asking questions, evaluating reactions, etc before you are confoscum. I'm fully aware he plays like this, but I'm also aware he played like this in the last two games where he also happened to be anti-town. Just because it's typical of him that doesn't clear him, because he has a track record of still doing it when he's anti-town, more than normal as well. I recall ridiculous amounts of AtE and panicking in the last game, and those match up with what's shown here. Not the best tell of alignment (because he acts so similar all the time it's impossible to get a clear read on him). You do make a good point about this not being alignment indicative though, I'll give you that, which was enough to make me ##UNVOTE: rainyman123, but he needs to be watched.
@TheSceptileMaster I know you are on in the Discord chat right now. There is no excuse to not answer my question in thread for you right now.
But now I have a little more to add to those: What do you think about Cel's potential slip and Scattered/BB?
I've seen it mentioned before that this sort of behaviour––tagging others for inactivity/lurking––is sort of scummy and bad, the example of this I remember being on TGK in PMJ's TCG game. Why are you doing this now?
This is contradictory. You say tagging for inactivity is sorta scummy, yet there you go and do it yourself. This isn't even the only time you do it. FoS on you.

This is contradictory. You say tagging for inactivity is sorta scummy, yet there you go and do it yourself.
I wasn't tagging for inactivity in that specific case; if you re-read the message, I specify that I wanted him to answer my question from before, plus some others that I had added. Tagging solely to summon is scummy, but tagging someone who's inactive and asking them questions about the game is not, however. You'll notice most, if not all of my tags, have at least one question for the person tagged.

Speaking of tagging people to answer something, TSM never responded even though he was on and said he would in the Discord chat, acknowledging the fact that he'd been tagged.
##Vote: TheSceptileMaster

You can't hide from this forever, you know.

@bbninjas gimme a fiver if I'm right.

The italics were an excellent use of sarcasm.

IDK, my memory's bad.

garlanded like an idol
act like the innocent flower and be the serpent under't
a little water will wash us of this deed
"bollocks to the rules!"

Wow. One of my quotes are wrong even now. That is a good metaphor (;)) for how the exam went.

Also bb your posts are dope and well-reasoned, but you also just dissipated all of the pressure I built up >.< We need to communicate better in the scumchat smh. No but really it's a little inconvenient because the point on Jesi still totally stands.

OK, I'm just gonna slowly walk away... be careful guys.. this guy had some rough exams. (jk)

Also scatterd i kinda have to agree with Jesi here. You are kinda just analysing everyything Celever is saying and turning it somehow.

Maybe in that one point about Celever not knowing what Camo style is I missread, but what else?

I think scattered brought this up first, but seriously... Celever is doing nothing like a Camo play style. Camo is ten times worse. Camo posts tons of short posts, is a lot more aggressive, doesn't explain anything, etc. Celever is a sarcastic person, tends to be aggressive, only didn't explain something once (I think) - which is a ironically a strategy to gather reads and cause reactions (it worked this game!), etc.

So let's stop comparing Cel's play to Camo's play; because it's not true.

He played similarly to Camo, ok? You don't need to do exactly anything Camo does do be awarded the title. You also forgot quoting things I said, bolding some parts and not explaining anything else in the post. Also the whole insulting "look at that we got 2 scums, yay" and the way he took things out of context while not answering or relating to other things. But oh well, that doesn't matter anymore, I think I got the picture of Celever just being overwhelmed by the exams he had, so I am not going to try to analyze this weird thing and just wait for him to shape up. Raising activity? maybe raising my activity, which was unnecessary since I was already active. Other than that, the activity maybe had a minor rise because people naturally had to respond to the things that happened. That doesn't mean such play style is good. At least not for me. (takes the fun away).

I honestly can't tell if you posted this in the wrong place, are being extremely sarcastic, or you're a jester. We got a lead boys~

It's sarcasm, he did it (admitting he's scum) both as town and scum.

Stalls the town. Are you serious?
Because i put in a minor joke?
The question and my point still stands. Despite the pun.

Also scatterd i kinda have to agree with Jesi here. You are kinda just analysing everyything Celever is saying and turning it somehow.
Tbh mirdo, those puns in your posts confuse me.
Huh? What is he dodging?
I think he was dodging the second game he was scum?? Idk for sure.
I don't think that what Celever is doing in response to your case is uncharacteristic, beyond his active lurking and otherwise low activity. His play so far doesn't seem any more aggressive than past games; I was actually thinking less aggressive, which is partially where my active lurking read came from.
I think he is far more aggressive against SM, but not that aggressive against the rest.
Reads:
Town:
Lorde
Neutral:
PikamasterJesi
Double o squirtle
GM draclord
PikaMasterJesi
Mirdo
Should come online more often :mad:: (no read yet/slight scum)
@simsands @TheSceptileMaster @Cypher333 @Little Cherrim
Slight scum: Scattered mind, Celever and BBninjas. At least one of you is scum, I'm sure of it.
Rainyman123

Also bb your posts are dope and well-reasoned, but you also just dissipated all of the pressure I built up >.<
Whoops, sorry. >.>

We need to communicate better in the scumchat smh. No but really it's a little inconvenient because the point on Jesi still totally stands.
This is sarcastic; an experience player simply does not scumslip like this. The "no but really" indicates it's a joke, if you're still unconvinced.

Speaking of tagging people to answer something, TSM never responded even though he was on and said he would in the Discord chat, acknowledging the fact that he'd been tagged.
I have no clue how this came about, but it's considered outside communication, so don't anyone do this.

He played similarly to Camo, ok? You don't need to do exactly anything Camo does do be awarded the title. You also forgot quoting things I said, bolding some parts and not explaining anything else in the post. Also the whole insulting "look at that we got 2 scums, yay" and the way he took things out of context while not answering or relating to other things. But oh well, that doesn't matter anymore, I think I got the picture of Celever just being overwhelmed by the exams he had, so I am not going to try to analyze this weird thing and just wait for him to shape up. Raising activity? maybe raising my activity, which was unnecessary since I was already active. Other than that, the activity maybe had a minor rise because people naturally had to respond to the things that happened. That doesn't mean such play style is good. At least not for me. (takes the fun away).
Okay, fair enough. The reason I don't think people should be throwing around comparisons to Camo's style is that Camo-play has negative, scummy connotations. By comparing it to Camo's style, it makes things sound much worse than it really does, which isn't a good thing when people are sheeping after it.

I wanted to have a good look at people's posts, especially since I've been rush-reading, but I really need to do some assignments that I'm getting a bit stressed about, so aN ISO won't be happening now. I'm not getting any particular scumreads from anyone either. If there's anyone with some time spare, it'd definitely be worth ISOing a few people; that is, reading back on a player's posts and seeing if you find anything particularly odd or townie that you didn't notice on first read.

lord has been contributing and not echoing from what I've gathered, so ##UNVOTE: lord o. Looking at the player list, I can't recall seeing much contribution from Little Cherrim, GM Draclord and simsands, and TSM and Cypher are both just inactive. :/. GM Drac and simsands don't really do much Day 1 iirc, so it's not anything abnormal there. I am most concerned about LC right now, since (correct me if I'm wrong) I think they tend to be a bit more active. So ##VOTE: Cherrim. TSM or Cypher could be lynched, but chances are that they will get subbed out by the end of the day, and I think that's better than blindly lynching them.

@simsands - Are you busy too? Because you also fly under the radar, I don't feel comfortable with you only posting about agreeing with a point I made on Jade. Similar type of posts and activity were made by you last time and you were scum.

I got home a bit late yesterday, so didn't have time to read through the thread. I'll try to pick my activity up, most of the things I've been busy with lately should be done with after this weekend, so I hope to have more time available from day 2 on.

@PikaMasterJesi I asked you earlier if you thought Little Cherrim's vote was simply a rookie mistake or if he should have known better. I don't think you ever responded to my question, any reason why you didn't?

Regarding the Celever business, his play style these last pages is reminding me soo much of how he was playing in Order in the Court... I don't recall him acting like this under pressure in any of the games where he was town.

You were a wolf someone had seen, and suspicion had shifted to you. Rainy's role being town isn't relevant at all in that. You say he agreed there is no need to defend when it's confirmed, that's not the same thing as posting, asking questions, evaluating reactions, etc before you are confoscum. I'm fully aware he plays like this, but I'm also aware he played like this in the last two games where he also happened to be anti-town. Just because it's typical of him that doesn't clear him, because he has a track record of still doing it when he's anti-town, more than normal as well. I recall ridiculous amounts of AtE and panicking in the last game, and those match up with what's shown here. Not the best tell of alignment (because he acts so similar all the time it's impossible to get a clear read on him). You do make a good point about this not being alignment indicative though, I'll give you that, which was enough to make me ##UNVOTE: rainyman123, but he needs to be watched.
My role in that game doesn't matter. It's the fact that Rainy agreed as town that's relevant. And btw, what he agreed with wasn't that there was no need to defend when it was confirmed, he agreed with there not being a need to defend when what's said is gonna look scummy no matter how you put it. Rainy has a history of his playstyle coming off as scummy, so of course he's gonna resort to this. That game proved that these are his opinions when he's both town and scum. You were playing a ton of those games because you wanted practice for forum games right? I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't remember a fact about someone's playstyle like that from a game you were using for practice.

Daily Vote Count
@Celever (3): bbninjas (36-64), scattered mind (42-104), rainyman123, (44-106), scattered mind (131-), rainyman123 (203-)
mirdo (0): lord o da rings (37-108)
rainyman123 (0): Celever (45-152), lord o da rings (108-207)
@scattered mind (3): Celever (43-45), Celever (152-)
Double o Squirtle (1): scattered mind (104-131), rainyman123 (111-141), simsands (114-)
PikaMasterJesi (1): GM Draclord (140-)
Lord o da rings (1): mordacazir (48-), bbninjas (115-211)
Little Cherrim (1): bbninjas (64-115), bbninjas (211-)
bbninjas (0): Celever (35-43), GMDraclord (41-140)
GMDraclord (0): PikaMasterJesi (65-135)
TheSceptileMaster (2): Little Cherrim (61-), PikaMasterJesi (135-), rainyman123 (141-203)
mordacazir (0): simsands (52-114)
Cypher333 (1): mirdo (57-)
Not Receiving Votes: (Simsands)

All votes made by jade have been removed.
In addition, I've noticed multiple people unvote someone they were not actually voting. I'm allowing it for now, but please unvote correctly in the future.
Finally, @double o squirtle I know you've almost certainly received your role, but can you like that post/reply to this post to confirm you have.

Players that need to increase their activity or be subbed out:
@Cypher333, @TheSceptileMaster

Players who should keep their current activity to avoid being added to the above list:
@Little Cherrim, @mirdo, @mordacazir

Players who are almost surely safe from being subbed out:
Celever, rainyman123, scattered mind, double o squirtle, PikaMasterJesi, lord o da rings, bbninjas, GM Draclord, simsands

Last edited:
##UNVOTE: Jade
##VOTE: Celever

Honestly not sure of that was a joke or not, but I'm gonna take that slip seriously for now.
This is scummy. I can't remember the last game I didn't claim I was scum at some point.
A bit scummy and/or careless. Despite being online at least once a day on the Discord chat, he has neglected the thread, and I think that's scummy.
You misread. GM Drac put the stress on the how. Be careful with that.
Reads:
Slight scum: Scattered mind, Celever and BBninjas. At least one of you is scum, I'm sure of it.
You're sure of it? So you're the third scumbuddy of scattered and Jesi. Excellent ^w^

Players that need to increase their activity or be subbed out:
@Cypher333, @TheSceptileMaster

Players who should keep their current activity to avoid being added to the above list:
@Little Cherrim, @mirdo, @mordacazir

Players who are almost surely safe from being subbed out:
Celever, rainyman123, scattered mind, double o squirtle, PikaMasterJesi, lord o da rings, bbninjas, GM Draclord, simsands
Personal pref, but I don't like this being posted. I think it's better to leave it ambiguous, or to leave warnings to PMs. Now that you've said they probably can't be subbed out, people on that list have less incentive to keep up good activity.

A bit scummy and/or careless. Despite being online at least once a day on the Discord chat, he has neglected the thread, and I think that's scummy.

Celever is right.

Plus being online and not posting doesn't really warrant for being scummish since TSM did get a warning to increase his activity.
The not posting might be regard as being less caring of the game.

It is not like the last time when someone were away without being warned and resulted in my NK and no one even cared to investigate it

Personal pref, but I don't like this being posted. I think it's better to leave it ambiguous, or to leave warnings to PMs. Now that you've said they probably can't be subbed out, people on that list have less incentive to keep up good activity.
There's an almost there for a reason. If any of those players completely disappears, they will still be subbed out. It's just a way to tell these players to keep up the good work.

I have no clue how this came about, but it's considered outside communication, so don't anyone do this.
TSM came in the chat and the first thing was say "Pika, sorry I didn't respond to you in Mafia" or something to that effect.

@PikaMasterJesi I asked you earlier if you thought Little Cherrim's vote was simply a rookie mistake or if he should have known better. I don't think you ever responded to my question, any reason why you didn't?
Oops, I probably just missed it. >_<"
Sometimes, it's hard for me to be able to say things for sure, and I was somewhat undecided on whether he should know better or not.

You're sure of it? So you're the third scumbuddy of scattered and Jesi. Excellent ^w^
>Reads one of Scattered, BB, or Cel as scum
>Cel instantly accuses Morda of being scum
??? Why?
You misread. GM Drac put the stress on the how. Be careful with that
Oops. Hard to tell. >_<"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back