Finished Mafia XLI: Fight for the Dazzling Star ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
What story do we have this time? Well, let me begin...

It was an exciting day in the Mushroom Kingdom. Peach, along with all of her subjects and friends, was going stargazing. Why? Because it was finally the night that one of the rarest of superstars, the Dazzling Star, was visible in the sky. Peach may have seen superstars in museums, but it was her dream to see one in the sky. Now, it was time to make that dream come true. Everyone traveled to the telescope, gazing at the superstar when… the Dazzling Star suddenly and inexplicably came crashing down, landing right next to the group. The Dazzling Star was even more beautiful than it was in the sky, and everyone started to argue over who should have it. As they were fighting, a Koopa Troopa came rushing in. The Koopa shouted as loudly as he could, “Bowser is taking the Dazzling Star!” But he was ignored.

Suddenly, Bowser flew in on his Koopa Clown Car and stole the Dazzling Star. Everyone was completely dumbfounded. As Bowser flew away, he said, "I've taken your Dazzling Star. Catch me if you can!" All the heroes ran after him, hoping to get the precious Dazzling Star back. Some of them, however, had a different motive. They were going to make sure the mission failed, no matter what.

Welcome to Mafia XLI! I’m NP and he’s @Blakers, and we’ll be your hosts. This game is based on Mario Party, and it’s going to be a total blast!

If you’re rolling the dice and don’t know what Mafia is (or want a refresher on how it’s played), look here for the basics. This guide teaches you basic terminology and rules, and has links to other games, which can help you learn how to play.

Rules:
  1. Don’t edit or delete your posts, post during the night, or screenshot anything.
  2. Don’t like posts.
  3. Outside Communication is prohibited, unless your role explicitly permits it.
  4. Do not post QT links.
  5. There is no specific threshold for activity. If we feel like you’re not posting enough, we will warn you in thread. If you still are not posting enough, we will sub you out at our discretion.
  6. Everything is host approved. Don’t lynch someone for having a badly formatted claim.
  7. In the event that multiple players have at least 50% of the majority vote and are tied for the highest amount of votes at the end of the day, the lynch will be determined by who reached that number of votes first. If no players reach 50% of the majority, the lynch will be chosen by the lottery. Every vote on a player will be count as one lot in the lottery. The player/s in the lead will have double the number of lots. Whoever’s lot is randomly drawn will be lynched.
  8. To vote, use ##VERB: Player. To unvote, use ##UNVERB: Player.
  9. Our word is law.
  10. If you have us any questions about your role, feel free to PM us. If you have any general gameplay questions, tag us in the thread (if you think of it during the night, PM us).
  11. Follow all of the standard Pokébeach rules, including those for the Forum Games.

Factions:
In this game, there are two main factions. The Mushroom Kingdom (or town), and Bowser’s Minions (or scum). However, there is at least one person who wants the Dazzling Star for themselves… They are known as the independents.

The Mushroom Kingdom’s goal is to eliminate Bowser’s Minions and threatening independents (if they exist) to regain possession of the Dazzling Star. The Mushroom Kingdom is the uninformed majority.

The goal of Bowser’s Minions is to eliminate anyone who wants to regain the Dazzling Star. That includes the Mushroom Kingdom and independents. Bowser’s Minions are the informed minority, and have the power to kill a player every night.

The independent faction(s) have an unknown goal. This could be anything.

Special Mechanics:
Coins: Just like in the Mario Party games, everyone has access to a form of currency called Coins. Coins can be earned through doing certain tasks in-thread, and by your role. How exactly can they be earned? Nobody really knows, but they’re definitely worth collecting.

Roles:
You are NP Ballyhoo, and you are aligned with the Hosts. You are a character based off of MC Ballyhoo created for the purposes of this game. You, along with Blakers, are hosting this game. You hope to use your party skills to make this game fun for everyone.

Passive Ability: Host
You’re the host, and the game can’t be run without you. Therefore, you can’t be killed under any circumstances. You will also be given a QT to speak with your fellow host. Finally, you have an infinite number of coins, as you can do whatever you want.

Active Ability: Turn End
At the end of every turn in Mario Party games, there’s an update on where everybody stands, and as the host that’s your job. At the end of each Phase, you must PM the hosts the updates for the next Phase. The update will then be posted in the thread.
No Action Bonus: N/A

Superstar Ability: Moderator
If a player breaks the rules twice, you may PM me to use this ability. You will sub them out, replacing them with another player. If they break the rules too egregiously, you will modkill them.

Win Condition: Host a fun and successful game.
Every role has at least one Active or Passive ability, and a Superstar Ability. Active Abilities are activated by PMing one of us, while Passive Abilities work automatically. In this game, you will get a certain number of coins if you don’t use your Active Ability in a phase that you are allowed to (though you still must PM us that you do not wish to use an action). This is called the No Action Bonus.

Superstar Abilities can be either Active or Passive, but work differently from other abilities. Once you have collected 20 coins, you will be informed that you have exchanged your 20 coins for a Superstar. Once you have a Superstar, you may consume your Superstar to use your Superstar Ability. Be careful! Once your Superstar Ability has been used, you must collect another 20 coins to use it again.

This game has a limit of 18 players, not including subs. If the roster is already at 18 people, please sign up as a sub! If we get 5+ subs, we may increase the roster by intervals of two. The deadline for signups is Monday, May 15th at 8:00 AM EST, or five days from this post. Here's a countdown for your convenience. To sign up, just comment that you want to play.

1) Celever- Lynched Day 4- Donkey Kong
2) mirdo- Lynched Day 2- Tumble
3) simsands- Lynched Day 1- Koopa Troopa
4) rainyman123- Killed Night 3- Shy Guy
5) scattered mind- Killed Night 1- Captain Goomba
6) jadethepokemontrainer Double o Squirtle Professor Palutena- Lynched Day 5- Luigi
7) PikaMasterJesi- Lynched Day 3- Dry Bones
8) Lord o da rings
9) Little Cherrim Epist- Killed Night 3- Daisy
10) bbninjas
11) GMDraclord- Killed Night 1- Bowser
12) TheSceptileMaster quakingpunch73
13) mordacazir
14) Cypher333 Haunted Water
1) Double o Squirtle- Subbed in Day 1
2) Epist- Subbed in Day 1
3) Haunted Water- Subbed in Night 1
4) quakingpunch73- Subbed in Day 2
5) Professor Palutena- Subbed in Day 3

Without further ado, let’s party!

Last edited:

Celever

Wheeeee~
I really wanna take part, but I might not have loads of time. :/

Screw it, let's do it. On the days that this game will coincide with the mafia tournament my activity will be lower as I have to prioritise the tournament, but the mafia tournament game runs on much faster deadlines so it shouldn't be a big issue. More importantly, this game is too good to pass up!

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Alright. Imma be in Jolly ol' England in the last week of May but i guess imma still sign up. Will look into trying to play while there aswell so it should be fine.

I wasn't around for last game. So gotta throw a feather in the ring this time again.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
/in to lynch Celever

Hopefully I don't regret this decision. To join, that is.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
We're nearing the end of signups and we don't even have 14 players. At this point, we could cut the roles to 14 or 16, but we couldn't go any lower. What are your thoughts on if we don't reach that number in time (what number should we wait for)?

Cypher333

time to run
I will probably not be able to keep up in the game, but summer's on its way, so hey, who knows. Here we go again. In.

I'm going to regret this.

Status
Not open for further replies.