Finished Mafia XL: Age of Piracy: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
a0Ow35P.png

The king and his men
stole the queen from her bed
and bound her in her bones.
The seas be ours
and by the powers,
where we will, we’ll roam!

~A song heard in the Caribbean during the Golden Age of Piracy​

Hear ye, hear ye! I be Cap’n @Jabberwock and I be joined here today by me good friend Cap’n @bbninjas. We be gath’rin’ a crew for a venture the likes of which ye never seen before! That’s right, landlubbers, we be settin’ sail for treasure!

Now, all ye have to do is read through this post. Carefully, mind. This be no pleasure cruise. If ye’re still not sure what to do, take a look at this thread.

Flavour

The common room of the tavern was noisy, as usual. It stank of unwashed bodies and crushed hopes and dreams. In other words, Jack Sparrow felt at home.

Jack eyed the man sitting across from him. Joshamee Gibbs was never one to back down from a challenge. Now if only he could convince his former first-mate to accompany him on one last voyage.

“Let me see if I’ve got ye straight, Jack,” Gibbs said. “Ye’ll be settin’ out on a venture to find treasure with no idea if ye’ll ever return, and ye want a crew for it … by tomorrow mornin’?”

“Aye,” Jack said, his mustache twitching. He gave no further response. Either Gibbs would do it or he wouldn’t.

Gibbs appeared to mull it over for a second or two. “Well, Jack,” he said finally, “it’s a challenge, I’ll give ye that. A crew by mornin’? By the powers, if I can’t do it, no one can. Ye’ll have your crew! We’ll set sail at dawn!”

Jack smiled. The East India Trading Company would no doubt try their hardest to catch him. They might even infiltrate his crew. But he would not be held back by anyone, least of all Lord Cutler Beckett.

Factions

Not everyone’s a good an’ honest pirate, ye see. Folk who don’t abide by the Pirates’ Code. There’ll be two factions on this voyage we’re puttin’ ye on: The Motley Crew (the “town”) and The East India Trading Company (the “mafia”, or “scum”). It seems there might also be a certain individual who is … independent of the other two factions.

It’s the aim of The Motley Crew to eradicate everyone who poses a threat to them. That’d include the shady independent folk. If they exist.

It’s the aim of The East India Trading Company to outnumber their adversaries. Again, this includes the shady independent folk. If they exist.

Roles

You are Captain Jabber, and you are aligned with Captain bbninjas. Because you’re in charge of the game, everyone else has to do what you say.

Passive Ability: Host Shield
Because the game can’t be run without you, you can’t be killed.

Active Ability: Hoist the Colours
At the end of each Phase, you must post the update for the next Phase.

Win Condition: The game ends successfully.

This be a role madness venture, meanin’ that each of ye will have one or more Abilities that ye can use. An Active Ability is one that ye have to do something in order to use––activating it, so to speak. A Passive Ability is one that is active all the time. Now, not all of ye will have Active Abilities, and not all of ye will have Passive Abilities, so don’t go using that as a reason to toss someone overboard!

Also, The East India Trading Company is in possession of what ye might call “safeclaims”. Be wary of makin’ hasty guesses based on flavour!

Mechanics

A ship has to dock somewhere for the Night! Each Day Phase, you and the other members of the crew will be able to cast yer votes for which port to dock at that Night. Each port will have different effects on the venture as long as ye’re docked at it. A list of ports will be provided in each Daybreak update.
We’ll be settin’ sail on Night 0.

Days will last 96 hours. Nights (including Night 0) will last 48 hours.

Ye can vote with the followin’ syntax: ##VERB: PLAYER NAME and ##UNVERB: PLAYER NAME. Capitalization and “verb” can be changed as ye like, but make sure to bold.

Other Rules
  • You may not edit your posts.
  • You may quote what either gamemod says. You may forge quotes. You may not post screenshots.
  • You may not talk about the game outside the main thread, unless your Ability/ies give(s) you access to a QuickTopic. This also applies to dead players.
  • You may not post in-thread during any Night Phase.
  • Don’t insult others.
  • Whatever either host––Jabberwock or bbninjas––says is law.
  • Read everything. Really, do.
  • As always on PokéBeach, follow the standard PokéBeach rules and procedures (including those of the Forum Games).
  • The hosts may update these rules if need be.
Updates

Players

So, ye think ye would like to join our crew? Just post “in” here in this thread! We’ve got space for up to 14 people here on the Black Pearl. Glad to have ye aboard!

1. @NinjaPenguin
  2. @double o squirtle @Camoclone
  3. @Blakers
  4. @TheSceptileMaster @GM DracLord Killed N4 (Henry Morgan)
  5. @PikaMasterJesi @Vracken @Celever
  6. @Vom Killed N2 (Joshamee Gibbs)
  7. @Keeper of Night
  8. @simsands @rainyman123
  9. @Lord o da rings Lynched D5 (Bartholomew Roberts)
  10. @Jadethepokemontrainer Killed N5 (Terry Ragetti)
  11. @Little Cherrim Lynched D2 (Will Turner)
  12. @Cypher333 @Reinforce @TheAnticipationEevee
  13. @mordacazir Lynched D1 (Tia Dalma)
  14. @scattered mind
  1. @Vracken Subbed in for @PikaMasterJesi
  2. @GM DracLord Subbed in for @TheSceptileMaster
  3. @Professor Palutena
  4. @rainyman123 Subbed in for @simsands
  5. @Reinforce Subbed in for @Cypher333
  6. @Camoclone Subbed in for @double o squirtle
  7. @Celever Subbed in for @Vracken
  8. @TheAnticipationEevee Subbed in for @Reinforce
  9. @mirdo
  10. THIS COULD ALSO BE YOU! :D

Last edited:

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
Oh finally, it went up! I was afraid I'd have to go in as a sub. I can't wait to be a pirate and go shooting cannonballs at everyone and sending people to walk the plank!
hglag.png
I'll go walk the plank now.
/me is in!
I think you also stole the "This could be you!" thing from my Mafia game >:L

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
In! I've actually been waiting for this for what feels like forever lol.

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
Sign me up in the 14 spot. If you need me I will play, but I otherwise you can give someone else my spot if they want it

/in if you'll have me ^w^

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
14 spots filled up in 4 hours, I am blown away.

By the powers Jack, ye got ye crew by mornin'!

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Excellent. Give me an hour or so and roles shall come forth.

And then, lads and lasses, it's treasure time.

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
You don't want to wait in case someone who hasn't been on yet wants to play more than I do Jabber?

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Ohman, I misread your post. Sorry Vrac. xD I'll put you down as a sub and give it another day (hopefully we can get a few subs in that time, too). Six hours is absurd anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.