Finished Mafia LI: Senate Subterfuge~Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There wasn't really that much––reading through the thread, Lele's backpedal came way out of left field imo. All the quotes you posted are from after the backpedal.
Justify this, @bbninjas. Looks like a bastardisation of posts to prove a point, to me, which is a mafia tactic.

Sounds familiar? Even if it's not bbninjas, I don't see Tapu Lele coming with this kind of defense.
Just to clarify, when you said "Even if it's not bbninjas", were you speculating that bbninjas helped me come up with defense or something along those lines? I made this post on my own, but looking at other games, I think I see why it might look like something from bb.

OH! You mean the bolded, don't you Jabber?
Indeed. What did you mean? :x

Yeah, this theory just doesn't stand up well for me. For another point, Gekki used the word "claiming" directly after (and as a response to) Lele saying "We still don't know how dangerous claiming is", so it makes more sense to me than Gekki saying something like rolefishing.
I can kinda see where you're coming from, but that wasn't my gut reaction reading the post initially. It sounded more like trying to stop discussion than trying to stop rolefishing.

On a different note, I'm not getting good vibes from scattered at all. The problem is, I haven't seen enough for him to decipher between what may be just a bad first impression, and an actual lead. He just seems to be going after Lele for all of the wrong reasons. Thoughts?
A lot of his reasons for pursuing Lele have also been my reasons, which have been reasons that you've disagreed with. :p I'm always distantly worried when one veteran starts agreeing with me and nobody else does because it's turned out to be pocketing more than once before, but I don't have a problem with any of scattered's reasoning so far. What in particular strikes you as a wrong reason to go after Lele?

Just to clarify, when you said "Even if it's not bbninjas", were you speculating that bbninjas helped me come up with defense or something along those lines? I made this post on my own, but looking at other games, I think I see why it might look like something from bb.
What're your thoughts on jplap or Gekki or literally anybody else? I feel like your last few posts have been attempts to appear like you're contributing to discussion but they don't really add anything.

What're your thoughts on jplap or Gekki or literally anybody else? I feel like your last few posts have been attempts to appear like you're contributing to discussion but they don't really add anything.
I was just about to get to that. I would have posted earlier, but I had work and I got trapped in a grocery store as my town was flooded.

TOTAL_EPICNESS
TE has been behaving quite sporadic. He is essentially wagoning everyone's leads, and is just being chaotic.

Here is a general sample of his posts:
##VERB: Professor_Jplap
The first person to vote is always scum
##UNKACHOW
##KACHOW: Jabber

The third vote is always scum
##UNTHICCIFY
##THICCIFY: Tapu Lele

Subs in the last game are always scum
--Casts this vote right after Luis votes for me
##VOTE: TE
I never trusted you now it’s time to see if the others do too
--This one is my favorite :p
##UNDISENGAGE
##CLONE: DOS

For a blatant scumslip and for generally suxing
--Goes off of the "One man out of five" quote I pushed earlier and parrots Celever's "Sux" verb
Gekki has collected leads we must purge him of this information using the power granted to us from the RVS gods
All this means is that if Jplap isn’t dead tonight he is probably scum
--Bouncing off of posts I made about Jplap's role
Activity lowered
Commence activity
So right now Lele is scum based on rolefishing and generally contradictive responses?
I can buy it we don’t have much else right now
##UNVOTE
##SJKSKDJDKEI: Tapu Lele
--Votes as soon as he sees SM make a vote on me

He's being quite chaotic here. It looks like really eager town, but it also might be newbie scum trying to find a way to make chaos. It's a common thing for scum teams to feed off of town-town disputes, right?

Also, after the "rolehunting" I did, he made this post:
At this point in time people were discussing the theory that Jplap is an independent third faction or had a very powerful death ability and when he said he had a game changing town ability it was to bait either scum to kill him assuming he’s town or for us to lynch him. I didn’t think that was possible because as I said in that quote you had he’s very new to the game and probably wouldn’t think of baiting his own death to activate his ability
I never mentioned an independent third faction here. What was he talking about? Am I missing a quote from this context (let me know if that's the case)? Is he just glancing at the thread, or is he mixing up conversations with someone else?

GEKKI
Most of what I speculated fed off of Gekki's lead in the beginning:
##REEESCUM: Jplap

This is scummy to me bc it feels like he's trying to cement himself as town already, which is odd this early into the game and reads like scum trying to stay out of the spotlight to me. Town has no reason to say they have a powerful ability, especially this early in the game when they have like no pressure on them, as it just paints a target on their back for the nightkill.

For Gekki's "Distancing" post,
Lele stop talking about claiming, it's gone from being borderline useful to clogging the thread & making it harder for jplap to respond to the things that really matter
I read it as "Stop talking about the claiming mechanics, people already should know it and it isn't useful to thread discussion". When I read it like this, it kinda stung, as I was able to talk about game mechanics in the prior game all I wanted and barely anyone said a word. I thought I was helping people, not hurting their discussion or annoying them :(

Still, the response is odd for another reason. This message opened up a whole new window of discussion, and would have made it much harder for Jplap to respond to Gekki in the first place. Why ask it?

I haven't played much with Gekki, or had too many serious conversations with him either. I'm not sure if he gets easily annoyed, or he's in fact trying to do something else. For now, I see this just as a frustrated response to my interrupting dialogue, and Gekki was trying to pressure Jplap with a contradiction with his behavior.

It would at least help explain his startled response when posed with a FoS when accused of distancing himself from "fellow scum", as it was a completely unexpected consequence.
Orrr I wasn't trying to distance myself from him, I was just trying to keep us talking about useful things :U
Ah yes because I wouldn't just say that to him in scumchat if we were buddies
Looking at that post a second time (Lele's), it does seem kind of off to me as well.

JPlap
His behavior started off similar to TE's, but he didn't go down the same path of wagoning that TE did. Gekki already posted about the contradiction of his behavior vs. the claim of his ability, and I've already posted on how the ability might activate onDeath.

His interactions have mostly been defenses, and they haven't spelled much out in terms of alignment as far as I can see. I can't say too much about him for now, rather than
@TOTAL_EPICNESS, would you mind sharing your advantage from last certamen? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I'm just curious.
...He didn't care to read even a little bit back :V
JABBERWOCK
I hate to be mentioning this for the sake of OMGUS, but your responses have kinda been alarmingly assertive all of this time.

In the last game, you were cohost, and that comes with a certain amount of prestige. This has made an impression on me to respect what you say, and acknowledge things you point out to be common knowledge. But I fear that you might be taking advantage of this. Your tone in these posts make it quite persuasive that you definitely know what you are talking about:
Fishing. Claiming is dangerous in this game; y'all know that. Why are you asking him that?

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: TAPU LELE
NP's made it pretty damn clear that claiming is not a good idea unless you're literally about to die. That makes rolefishing extremely suss.

Honestly I have yet to play a game with Gekki where he doesn't fall back on WIFOM at least three times before Day 1 is over. I don't think it by itself is indicative of alignment, but if Lele flips scum we'll see.
Idk who "you" is in this bit, but none of it makes the slightest bit of sense. You can't justify asking scummy questions by the fact that they weren't answered favorably.
What? These are the two least townie posts in the game so far.
There wasn't really that much––reading through the thread, Lele's backpedal came way out of left field imo. All the quotes you posted are from after the backpedal.
Oh come on. Don't dodge the question. We're talking about you asking scummy questions, not whatever answers you get from asking them.
The stage we're at in the game is not remotely related to Lele's role spec habits. He started off this way when he subbed in last game and by the end had realized that it was not a good way to play the game. Now he's back at it. Why is he back at it? Not because it's RVS. The two aren't correlated.
I would genuinely love to know why morda read those posts as town. I cannot think of a single way they can be construed as pro-town.
It's not an unsubstantiated leap; it's a pretty obvious backpedal.

This is why I asked the question:
This might sound like an unusual question, but why is it that you two veterans have such different reads of my post?
After reading everything you said, you make it sound like these things are things so obvious, everyone should be able to see them. I even found it hard to consider that another person could see my post in a different manner than yours.

All this said, you control quite an amount of assertive power with your rhetoric. I wouldn't fathom it being very hard for you to lead a lynch on someone at all, and this could be quite the asset for scum team.

@bbninjas, That an issue here, i dont really know who to lynch, not evryone is active, scum are on either side of the spctrum (active n inactive), so im just following my guts abd keeping my votes on jlap

It is a vote count time finally. I once again apologize for the delay

acetrainer samwise (0): Professor_jplap
@Professor_jplap (5): TOTAL_EPICNESS, Jadethepokemontrainer, bbninjas, GekkisaiDaiNi, Jabberwock, Acetrainer_Samwise, Jabberwock
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK (1): Jabberwock, double o squirtle
Jabberwock (0): TOTAL_EPICNESS, Celever
Luxinity (1): mordacazir
TOTAL_EPICNESS (0): Professor_jplap, Jabbewock, double o squirtle, TOTAL_EPICNESS
double o squirtle (0): TOTAL_EPICNESS, Celever, TOTAL_EPICNESS
Tapu Lele (3): Luispipe8, TOTAL_EPICNESS, Jabberwock, Jabberwock, scattered mind, TOTAL_EPICNESS
GM Draclord (0): Acetrainer_Samwise
Dusk Form Lycanroc (1): Celever

Abstaining
@Dusk Form Lycanroc @GM DracLord @Luxinity @mirdo @OshaCraft360 @PMJ @Professor_jplap @Tapu Lele @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

Additionally, cautioned for inactivity (fewer than 1 post)

@Dusk Form Lycanroc @Luxinity @OshaCraft360
This is not a warning yet, but I would advise you to start posting before it becomes one ^w^

@host, I though i posted my vote at the very start of the day but since my choice of vote have a pile of vote on him,
Just to make sure not turbo lynch occur

##unvote

Sorry about that, I have a tournament to attend. Gekki reeks scum to me, and would someone remind we what WIFOM and fos means?
And this post reeks of OMGUS. Jplap, you haven't posted anything of substance, you've just dodged questions & thrown some OMGUS. I'm keeping my vote on you until you actually start doing something.

As for Lele, I'm not sure. He seems to be genuinely confused as this is his first real game to me.

First of all, ##Unvote
This could be interesting, most likely just coincidence but it could be something of note.
--Goes off of the "One man out of five" quote I pushed earlier and parrots Celever's "Sux" verb
This could very well just be RVS stuff. Apparently the general consensus is that I sux (and I don't think TE likes one man but five lol). TE has his wth moments but he's not that bad enough to do something like that imo.
I never mentioned an independent third faction here. What was he talking about? Am I missing a quote from this context (let me know if that's the case)? Is he just glancing at the thread, or is he mixing up conversations with someone else?
I noticed this a while back too, but I believe some guy that's only posted once mentioned the indie faction?
Maybe he is scum and gets some sort of benefit from being lynched. (why else would he be claiming a powerful ability on day 1) OR he is one of those independent factions that does or doesn't exist. He has also yet to answer Gekki's question. So for the time being.
The whole TE seeming to piggy back off of everything is a bit telling, I'll agree with that.

I read it as "Stop talking about the claiming mechanics, people already should know it and it isn't useful to thread discussion". When I read it like this, it kinda stung, as I was able to talk about game mechanics in the prior game all I wanted and barely anyone said a word. I thought I was helping people, not hurting their discussion or annoying them :(
This kinda reads AtE?
Still, the response is odd for another reason. This message opened up a whole new window of discussion, and would have made it much harder for Jplap to respond to Gekki in the first place. Why ask it?
Sorry if this is obvious, I'm just really dense at times, ask any of my friends about this and they'll probably confirm. lol When you say ask it, are you referring to Gekki asking you to stop rolefishing?
I haven't played much with Gekki, or had too many serious conversations with him either. I'm not sure if he gets easily annoyed, or he's in fact trying to do something else. For now, I see this just as a frustrated response to my interrupting dialogue, and Gekki was trying to pressure Jplap with a contradiction with his behavior.
I haven't played much games with him either, but yeah he does get easily annoyed from what I've seen in the discord chat. Think I'm a big culprit of that ahahahaoops

In the last game, you were cohost, and that comes with a certain amount of prestige. This has made an impression on me to respect what you say, and acknowledge things you point out to be common knowledge. But I fear that you might be taking advantage of this. Your tone in these posts make it quite persuasive that you definitely know what you are talking about:
From what I remember about previous games, (tho these were a long time ago) Jabber is usually pretty assertive like that? Tho idrk, I'm terrible when it comes to remembering tells. :/

I have to say, lele's post kinda reads as defensive townie to me.
And this post reeks of OMGUS. Jplap, you haven't posted anything of substance, you've just dodged questions & thrown some OMGUS. I'm keeping my vote on you until you actually start doing something.
Ohey, this reminds me. I asked you to elaborate on why you think Gekki's scum, @Professor_jplap, I know you mentioned you're busy with something in thread, but you posted after I asked that. How come you had time to post and didn't use that to answer me? I'd also like to point out that jplap went on to ask about TE's certamen after ignoring my question, too.

Did...did Tapu Lele just try to use things I said in RVS as evidence against me?
...ok you got me you’re right I tried to convince everyone that you were scum with my sxumbuddy Luis with the unstoppable undeniable evidence that you were a sub last game but I just have one question how did you see through it?
Also scumreads:
A lot of these don’t have very good evidence and they’re just gut feelings but I feel I should share those anyway to get the possibility in there
1 Jabber: this is one of the gut feelings i was talking about he hasn’t said anything particularly scummy but he’s pretty much running the game along with BB
2 BB: see Jabber
3: all the inactive people: pls where are you
4: Lele: see my original post in which I stated some reasons why Lele could be scum plus the stuff now in which he called me “chaotic and sporadic” and quoted a bunch of RVS stuff if you were at the beginning of the last game you would know I do this all the time I had an entire argument with gekki on why Yuri isn’t best girl in DDLC
Townreads:
Gekki: playing similarily to when he’s town
Also:
For those who have read this far congrats you are about to learn a minimal amount of info about my prize!
It is an extremely powerful death ability
Of course it’s a townie ability but that’s all your getting

I noticed this a while back too, but I believe some guy that's only posted once mentioned the indie faction?
Sorry if this is obvious, I'm just really dense at times, ask any of my friends about this and they'll probably confirm. lol When you say ask it, are you referring to Gekki asking you to stop rolefishing?
Good catch on Samwise's post. I completely missed it. I guess TE's post makes more sense now when referring to a independent faction.

"Ask" probably wasn't the right verb here :p. I am indeed referring to why Gekki made his "stop-rolefishing" "distancing" "stop-talking-about-claim-mechanics" (however you interpret it) post.

Huh? The prize was from a contest which both mafia and town could enter... I would like to think that a prize from something like that could simply go either way, rather than be "townie" or "scummy"

There’s no way I can convince you beyond a reasonable doubt that it’s a town ability without doing a full claim which I really don’t want to do due to the risk of anti claim measures so for now my only way to convince you is that it’s a death ability town is usually the team that gets death abilities so there

This feels like Deja Vu, but why are you telling the thread about this anyways? I thought the majority of people were fine without you divulging the information.

If you indeed have an extremely powerful townie death ability (as you boast), it would only be effective if it was kept a secret from scum team. Now they would know not to use the nightkill on you.

I was just about to get to that. I would have posted earlier, but I had work and I got trapped in a grocery store as my town was flooded.
No worries; this post is exactly what I was looking for. Glad you got out of the grocery store alright. ^.^

TOTAL_EPICNESS
TE has been behaving quite sporadic. He is essentially wagoning everyone's leads, and is just being chaotic.[/QUOTE]
I noticed this too but chalked it up to TE being new and it being RVS. I don't remember any of TE's play from last game save for the one use of his bomb ability, so perhaps somebody else could confirm whether this is unusual for him.

--Votes as soon as he sees SM make a vote on me
These are the most damning of the quotes you found. I'll also note that what really bugged me about TE is that more than once, he came in, summarized what had been happening, cast the mode vote, and didn't add anything of his own. This is obvs a scum tactic to appear like he's scumhunting when he's really really not.

Haven't seen anything out of character for Gekki yet.
@bbninjas, That an issue here, i dont really know who to lynch, not evryone is active, scum are on either side of the spctrum (active n inactive), so im just following my guts abd keeping my votes on jlap
How do you know scum are on both sides of the spectrum?
@Professor_jplap (5): TOTAL_EPICNESS, Jadethepokemontrainer, bbninjas, GekkisaiDaiNi, Jabberwock, Acetrainer_Samwise, Jabberwock
Alright this is important and we're running out of time. Jplap is not a good Day 1 lynch. Everybody has reacted to him p much exactly the same way, which means his lynch gives us no information going into Day 2. This is bad. We can look into him tomorrow, or later on, but there are certain things we need from a D1 lynch that jplap's lynch does not give us.

##UNVOTE

As for Lele, I'm not sure. He seems to be genuinely confused as this is his first real game to me.
This is starting to become a tunnel. I can't remember your thoughts on anybody other than jplap this game.

This is not Lele's first real game; it is possible to play a real game as a sub, and Lele did. He learned a lot of significant stuff about the game, which he seemed to have forgotten at the beginning of this one. You should definitely be able to pick a side here.

##VOTE: GEKKI

Did...did Tapu Lele just try to use things I said in RVS as evidence against me?
Did Tapu Lele just take all the absurdly scummy things you've said this game, explain why they're scummy, and use them to present you as a new potential lynch? Why yes, he did. The sheer nerve of him.

1 Jabber: this is one of the gut feelings i was talking about he hasn’t said anything particularly scummy but he’s pretty much running the game along with BB
2 BB: see Jabber
This is actually quite good as it's an original thought. Would like to see more of those, preferably with reasoning behind them.

3: all the inactive people: pls where are you
NP's and Vrack's job, not yours.

4: Lele: see my original post in which I stated some reasons why Lele could be scum plus the stuff now in which he called me “chaotic and sporadic” and quoted a bunch of RVS stuff if you were at the beginning of the last game you would know I do this all the time I had an entire argument with gekki on why Yuri isn’t best girl in DDLC
I really dislike it when people say "yeah I did that scummy thing, but it ain't scummy 'cause I do it all the time". It shows you're being hyperconscious of how you play, which indicates that more of the stuff you say can be attributed to WIFOM, and is also inherently a scumtell.

Townreads:
Gekki: playing similarily to when he’s town
Your only townread is Gekki? How is he playing similarly to when he's town?

Also:
For those who have read this far congrats you are about to learn a minimal amount of info about my prize!
Don't do this. >.>

The information you hold is presumably something that we would not want to fall into the hands of scum. Assuming for a moment that you are in fact town, you should not be spoon-feeding it to them a little at a time. Or at all. Just don't.

town is usually the team that gets death abilities so there
Nope lol.

This feels like Deja Vu, but why are you telling the thread about this anyways? I thought the majority of people were fine without you divulging the information.
Answer this @TOTAL_EPICNESS.

##VOTE: TOTAL_EPICNESS

Certamen obviously gives strong ability, this in turn means he should be a likely contender for the scumkill, eventually people start getting suspicious if power roles don't get killed, Epicness claiming that his ability activates on death gives him an alibi as to why he's not dead later. Mafia tactic.

Lele and Jabber have both quoted me saying “sub in the last game is always scum” and have tried to use that against me because I did it after Luis voted for Lele
I dont understand the reasoning in this
I’ve given some scumreads earlier but what do you want me to say that hasn’t been said? If I say nothing I’ll get called out for inactivity/posting nothing useful and if I do I can’t say anything that hasn’t been said thus making it look like I’m echoing I’ll try to contribute better opinions in the future but for now nothing is really going on or I’m just missing it
You’re also ignoring what I said when I gave reasoning as to why Jplap likely doesn’t have a death ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back