Finished Mafia 53: Twilight's Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I see the reasoning behind the Jplap case I don't quite see the need to hammer him right now as he is the projected "lynch" already. The topic to turn to is hunting for possible d2 options which is impossible ATM as everyone has been so focused on Jplap. Not me trying to shift focus but thinking ahead is important.
##Unvote: Keeper of Night

Oh okay you did comment. Follow up question: what do you think about NP who views Jplap as town?

Okay, the plan to lynch Jplap later doesn’t work. I can’t think of a question that cannot be manipulated and enough useful to risk a mislynch.
Plus, now that the indie is out of the way, there is also NP’s strategy out of the way.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE:Jplap
Eevee outs himself as indie to confirm Mariano is scum. And you trust the first part and not the second...why?
Why are you?
Because you have him ask about scum and Jplap if scum gets to tell the truth when really learning about a town thing and helping his team. And you ask him about town and it only helps the scum. It's the best indie question I got so if you have a better one tell me.
I don't care about pure math nonsense. I care about game state and hating the wagon appearing from nowhere and Jplap and I care about tone. You can't quantify this stuff.

Eevee outs himself as indie to confirm Mariano is scum. And you trust the first part and not the second...why?
Because he's an indie? Kinda speaks for itself, eh?
NinjaPenguin said:
Because you have him ask about scum and Jplap if scum gets to tell the truth when really learning about a town thing and helping his team. And you ask him about town and it only helps the scum. It's the best indie question I got so if you have a better one tell me.
I don't care about pure math nonsense. I care about game state and hating the wagon appearing from nowhere and Jplap and I care about tone. You can't quantify this stuff.
Considering your reasoning for not lynching jplap is how useful his ability is, I don't think saying "I'm asking about this question because it's the best thing I can come up with for this useless ability" is helping your case. It's true, and accurate, but it's not helping you oof.

And you can quantify it to the extent of jplap is scummy for every reason Mariano is and more. Tone is as off with jplap as it is with Mariano, and that's what your entire read is based off. Both players have had fast-building bandwagons on them already, so gamestate is also mutual. But on top of that jplap, has a confirmed useless-at-best ability which he used in the only way that would actually be useful for anyone -- and that's for mafia. So you can quantify it to the point of comparison.

My reason is that MAriano is actualy scum.

To be completly honest, I don't care who dies today.
Town dying would be even more beneficial for me. But I'm not gonna vote town cause of that.

Hence I am voting actual scum.

/shrug
So you're claiming indie. Great. Why is town dying more beneficial to you than scum dying?

Did I miss something where he confirmed he knew who scum was?

Considering your reasoning for not lynching jplap is how useful his ability is, I don't think saying "I'm asking about this question because it's the best thing I can come up with for this useless ability" is helping your case. It's true, and accurate, but it's not helping you oof.
On top of that, his ability is... Not that useful. Unless he can ask specifically for a player's alignment/role then I can't help but feel it's just... Dull, at best. In fact, between that and my ability, it kinda feels like we might have a good number of abilities that get us information without us actually being able to pull specifics from that information. Which is dangerous.

Eevee knows what he's doing and I completely refuse to believe otherwise. He never claims a role for a stupid reason like randomly outing.
Leaning scum on NP as the only times I can recall tone being mentioned are when two people are going head to head or maf is completely frantic trying to keep a valuable member.
Yeah lol good try buddy I caught TE last game purely on tone and you know that.
And double lol if you think Scum NP is bad enough to try to save a scumbuddy like this.

Eevee knows what he's doing and I completely refuse to believe otherwise. He never claims a role for a stupid reason like randomly outing.
Has Eevee played indie before? Does he have any experience with it?
NinjaPenguin said:
Yeah lol good try buddy I caught TE last game purely on tone and you know that.
And double lol if you think Scum NP is bad enough to try to save a scumbuddy like this.
You still haven't addressed the whole "jplap has been just as tonally scummy as Mariano if not more", though.

Has Eevee played indie before? Does he have any experience with it?

You still haven't addressed the whole "jplap has been just as tonally scummy as Mariano if not more", though.
I couldn't confirm he has, but knowing his experience and homesite I'd be shocked if hasn't at least 3 times.
I read tone differently than you and you'll have to agree to disagree.
And address what Keeper said about jplap's ability, @NinjaPenguin. I've already brought that point up, but maybe you'll respond if it's by someone else :thinking:
In a site where half the abilities are roleblocker or redirector or adrenaline junky or secret voter or any of the many forms of trash out there, yeah any investigative role is better than average.
At this point, however, I'm OK with lynching Jplap since his purpose indie-wise is mostly gone and other questions will just not work with all the trouble he's getting thrown into. I'd still like to lynch the guy eevee seems to be claiming a red check on more, but you do you I suppose.

I read tone differently than you and you'll have to agree to disagree.
Nonono but this is the point. Your case on him is restrictively qualifiable -- as in, you're relying on qualities, which are perceived differently by different players. That shows just how hokey it is. Any case that is strictly qualifiable is not worth pursuing. So I don't have to agree to disagree, because my issue isn't with your conclusions, it's with what form they take.
NinjaPenguin said:
In a site where half the abilities are roleblocker or redirector or adrenaline junky or secret voter or any of the many forms of trash out there, yeah any investigative role is better than average.
Roleblockers < "how many mafiaz is there"? :thinking:
NinjaPenguin said:
At this point, however, I'm OK with lynching Jplap since his purpose indie-wise is mostly gone and other questions will just not work with all the trouble he's getting thrown into. I'd still like to lynch the guy eevee seems to be claiming a red check on more, but you do you I suppose.
There's pretty much no chance Mariano is gonna end-game -- at some point we'll lynch roz for being indie and find out if his investigative ability is legit or nah -- but jplap's claimed role is as I said probably a cover for a mafia role ("say the name of a role and find out which player has it / I'll give you a list of 3 players one of whom has it") and we want mafia to not have that ASAP.

If we lynch Mariano/any other player we get to see whether Jplap is telling the truth or not- that was my line of thought. Then Celever said what he said about the possible flaws in that plan that lynching someone who is less scummy may cost too much if they flip town just for Jplap answering a game question- meaning that the question we ask needs to be so good that it is worth the risk of lynching a less scummy player. This is what I am trying to find out at the moment.
I see. So you couldn't think of any notable questions either... If that's the case, then I don't know what to do either. However, I still think it is odd that some people vote on Mariano. Not to mention, we still don't have any confirmation from Roz that Mariano is scum. (I am repeating Keeper at this point.)
A post has what is said and they way it is said. The second one is tone, which I consider much more indicative of alignment than the first. Simply put, a different
Isn't that the same as a biased gut feeling then?
My stance on jplap still hasn't changed. I'm agreeing with Cel's logic here. I don't actually think I got an answer to my question. Jplap just requoted his backpedal from his stance instead of actually answering why someone voting with him was scummy.
Humu... Okay.
I'm a bit confused what the reasoning is for lynching Mariano right now though? Mariano's mistake at the beginning of the game comes off as genuine to me, rather than being scummy. Jplap has avoided questions and usage of his ability so far seem more scummy to me than Mariano's behavior.
From what I understand, NP tone reads Mariano as worse than jplap while being aware of the turbo wagon and Roz simply says that Mariano is scum without actual proof.
Roz lynch day two, anyone? This post reeks of scum for me.
Well, apparently it sounds more indie than scum to others. My initial thought of it was scummy too though. Although, no scum would out themselves like that, so I suppose Roz really did out himself as indie.
But the point is he's basically gonna be lynched as soon as his worth is expended anyway, and because his ability isn't that good, that will be quite early. And he knows that. So helping us while he's still alive is the worse play when he's never gonna endgame.
Hrm... Value of quality versus value of quanitity...
...wait a minute. Quantity?
Celever, if jplap flips scum, then what about the other scums? What clues would we have on them?
Honestly I didn't see where he listed them all if he did, but the ones I've seen being talked about since (e.g. from you) still aren't worth the life of a-probable-townie-and-obligation-for-us-to-jplap-later situation we'd be setting up for ourselves.
But on top of that jplap, has a confirmed useless-at-best ability which he used in the only way that would actually be useful for anyone -- and that's for mafia. So you can quantify it to the point of comparison.
If that is how you see it, then very well.To be honest, I don't know what question is worth saving jplap anymore at this point.
The best what I can do for now is look at what happens after jplap gets lynched.

In all honesty we probably should have voted out the indie today and then moved on to Jplap tomorrow once he gave us another read. But I'm pretty sure the day is supposed to end pretty soon so meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back