• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded M Tyranitar EX / Golbat

fidget2000

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 15
  • 3 Tyranitar-EX (ANO 42/98)
  • 3 M Tyranitar-EX (ANO 43/98)
  • 3 Zubat (PLS 52/136)
  • 3 Golbat (PHF 32/119)
  • 1 Crobat (PHF 33/119)
  • 1 Darkrai-EX (BW46)
  • 1 Absol (RSK 40/108)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 2 Dark Patch
  • 2 Super Scoop Up
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 Pokemon Communication
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Tyranitar Spirit Link
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 3 N
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Shadow Circle
Energy: 12
  • 5 Darkness Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 3 Dangerous Energy
Strategy:

This deck is on the slower side but has such high damage output that usually cannot be stopped. M Tyranitar-EX has a fabulous attack that can deal extreme amounts of damage in combination with cards that put damage on the board. Let's take Wailord-EX with 250HP as our training bag. If you manage to get 2 damage counters on Wailord-EX, such as using Golbat's Sneaky Bite Ability, M Tyranitar-EX can deal a huge 230 damage (110+60*2). Don't forget about the initial 20 damage already on Wailord-EX. Therefore, the 230+20 damage equals all 250 hit points! There are also many support cards that can be used to get around some of the deck's downsides. So now that you know the power that this card holds, let's get into the decks inner workings.

M Tyranitar-EX:
This monster is the main focus of the deck. It has a huge 240HP, but a large 4 retreat cost. Its damage output is huge, so the retreat cost is easy to work around. It also has a neat Ancient Trait, Theta Double. This allows it to hold two tool cards at once. (i.e. Muscle Band and Tyranitar Spirit Link). Although, this Ancient Trait makes M Tyranitar-EX vulnerable to Team Flare Machines. It has a nifty psychic resistance for those Wobuffets, Gengars, and Trevanents. Unfortunately, it is weak to fighting which can find ways to hurt M Tyranitar with all the support fighting Pokemon get. Necessary for M Tyranitar-EX, the deck needs to include Tyranitar-EX and Tyranitar Spirit Link.

Golbat/Crowbat:
Golbat and Crowbat are two cards that really help M Tyranitar reach its full potential. Without any damage already on the defending Pokemon, M Tyranitar only does a measly 110 damage, but for each damage counter on the defending Pokemon, M Tyranitar does 60 more damage. Golbat and Crowbat provide that extra damage. One Golbat makes M Tyranitar do 230 damage (not including the 20 damage already on the defending Pokemon). Golbat and Crowbat also help deal with pesky Safeguard Pokemon, especially the psychic weak Sigilyph. They also provide consistent free retreat which is always nice. Cards like Super Scoop Up and AZ can also be utilized to recycle these cards to be used again.

Absol:
Absol helps move damage around, so no damage is put to waste. Being able to move a few damage counters around late game really helps in getting those last couple of knockouts when there are no more bats to use.

Darkrai-EX:
Darkrai-EX takes care of M Tyranitar's heavy retreat cost with its Dark Cloak ability. Whenever a Pokemon has a darkness energy on it, they get free retreat! In addition, if u are ever put in an awkward situation, Darkrai-EX's Night Spear can snipe benched Pokemon.

Dark Patch:
Dark Patch helps speed up Destroyer King's hefty energy cost. Being able to bring back a discarded Darkness Energy and attach it to M Tyranitar really helps with getting it powered up fast.

Shadow Circle:
Remember that Fighting weakness? Well Shadow Circle takes care of that which completely takes away that weakness. Its also good for phasing out your opponents stadiums too.

Dangerous Energy:
Dangerous Energy is the new Darkness special energy card. It puts 2 damage counters on a Pokemon EX that attacks the Pokemon with this energy attached. This really helps put damage on the opponent's side of the field to power up the Destroyer King attack, and it is good damage to move around with Absol. There is also the added bonus that it covers a Darkness energy cost and is still compatible with Dark Cloak.

The rest of the cards in the deck are pretty standard and self explanatory. I'm planning to use this deck at the Philadelphia Regionals next week, so if you have any suggestions feel free to comment. Also, ask questions or concerns about this deck if it needs any explaining.

Thank You for Reading and keep playing Pokemon!

XY7_EN_43.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I too run a Ttar-Bats decks; and at first glance, your deck appears to have a "slow" setup. Whatever you start with is an integral part of your current deck, but that Poke is also taking some damage during the time you setup. So, against "speed" decks, you could find yourself playing from behind early game.

Secondly, you have only 8 card-draw Supporters and no supplemental card-drawing capability (e.g., Shaymin EX). Although you do have 3 VS Seeker, you still MUST draw into 1 of the 8 card-draw Supporters before you can utilize it via VS Seeker. IMHO, 8 card-draw Supporters without any extra Shaymin EX supplemental support is woefully insufficient.

Also consider that if your opponent goes first and manages to Item-lock you, 21 of your 31 Trainers are then not playable...

IMHO, this is a deck you need to "commit" to either to go "fast" or "slow" with your setup. Should your opponent get a decent start, the Bats alone will not be sufficient to stop your opponents' early-game attacks while you setup or your Ttars are possibly taking some serious damage.

When considering a "fast" setup version, I'd suggest incorporating:

2-3 Sableye (Junk Hunt) - to recover discarded useful Item resources
1-2 Shaymin EX - to provide supplemental card-drawing support
1-2 Yveltal EX - excellent alternative attacker tat also provides some Weakness diversity

3-4 Ultra Ball - to facilitate faster bench setup and to dump useful Items (to be recovered by Sableye) and Dark energy (to be recovered by Dark Patch)

For a "slower" setup deck version, I'd suggest incorporating (in addition to a mixture of the above suggestions):

3-4 Yveltal (Oblivion Wing) - a "sturdy" Basic that is a solid starting Poke and helps with energy attachment acceleration.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

fidget2000

Aspiring Trainer
I too run a Ttar-Bats decks; and at first glance, your deck appears to have a "slow" setup. Whatever you start with is an integral part of your current deck, but that Poke is also taking some damage during the time you setup. So, against "speed" decks, you could find yourself playing from behind early game.

Secondly, you have only 8 card-draw Supporters and no supplemental card-drawing capability (e.g., Shaymin EX). Although you do have 3 VS Seeker, you still MUST draw into 1 of the 8 card-draw Supporters before you can utilize it via VS Seeker. IMHO, 8 card-draw Supporters without any extra Shaymin EX supplemental support is woefully insufficient.

Also consider that if your opponent goes first and manages to Item-lock you, 21 of your 31 Trainers are then not playable...

IMHO, this is a deck you need to "commit" to either to go "fast" or "slow" with your setup. Should your opponent get a decent start, the Bats alone will not be sufficient to stop your opponents' early-game attacks while you setup or your Ttars are possibly taking some serious damage.

When considering a "fast" setup version, I'd suggest incorporating:

2-3 Sableye (Junk Hunt) - to recover discarded useful Item resources
1-2 Shaymin EX - to provide supplemental card-drawing support
1-2 Yveltal EX - excellent alternative attacker tat also provides some Weakness diversity

3-4 Ultra Ball - to facilitate faster bench setup and to dump useful Items (to be recovered by Sableye) and Dark energy (to be recovered by Dark Patch)

For a "slower" setup deck version, I'd suggest incorporating (in addition to a mixture of the above suggestions):

3-4 Yveltal (Oblivion Wing) - a "sturdy" Basic that is a solid starting Poke and helps with energy attachment acceleration.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Yes, that is very helpful. I have been seeing that my deck can never find a good start. What should I take out for a faster set up? This deck fills up space fast, especially when bats take up so much room. I can see taking out the Pokemon Communication for the Ultra Balls but I don't know what else.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Following are some thoughts for your consideration:

-1 Golbat - thought being that when you pick 1 up, you will have an open Zubat ready
-2 Super Scoop Up - you could be Item-locked or you just get tails... ugh
-2 Pokemon Communication - to be replaced by Ultra Ball

+1 Shaymin EX (or Jirachi EX) to greatly enhance card-drawing consistency
+1 Yveltal / Yveltal EX - additional attacker and Weakness diversity or Sableye (Junk Hunt)
+1 AZ - these are really helpful in this and you can't afford to have the sole one prized
+2 Ultra Ball

If you find that with the improved card-drawing capability 3 Ultra Balls will suffice, then consider adding another Yveltal or Dark energy.

LostRealm

Aspiring Trainer
Don't forget secret base is a great way to get that damage out, and why not run more dark patch or even a mega turbo, as it attaches to active if needed.

The thing with sableye is that once he is in your deck you seem to always use him.

wobuffet could be useful in slowing down you opponent if you don't run shaymin