• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Scizor EX / Bronzong

Conway6288

Team Rocket Grunt
First post here, so sorry if it is in the wrong format.

Pokémon: 19
  • 3 Scizor EX
  • 2 M-Scizor EX
  • 2 Dialga EX
  • 3 Bronzor
  • 3 Bronzong
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 2 Zorua
  • 2 Zoroark
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32
  • 3 Scyamore
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Scizor Spirit Link
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 1 Escape rope
  • 2 Startling Megaphone
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
Energy: 9
  • 9 Metal Energy
Strategy:

After reading through the most recent set list there were a few cards that stood out to me. I am here to discuss, as the title might have suggested, Scizor EX (And M Scizor EX by extension).

A few things that are immediately notable about Scizor and M Scizor are their synergy with Bronzong. With two Bronzong on the bench, you can get a fully powered up Scizor every turn using Metal Links. Assuming that Garbodor or Hex Maniac isn't in effect.

Scizor EX also partners well with Zoroark, as before Mega Evolving Scizor doesn't actually hit that hard. Zoroark with a float stone can help remedy this, using its ability to switch in for Scizor and then float stone retreat to get extra damage.

Seeing as both of these concepts are reliant on an ability, it makes good sense that Startling Megaphone is going to be a good pick for the deck (Assuming Garbodor is going to be popular). This is a 5 minute list that I have put together and would like others to discuss so I can move the idea forward! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Update:

I have kept my original thoughts on the deck above, just so people could see my thoughts initially. I have updated the original list with some of the suggestions that were made. I have included two copies of Dialga EX. As a solid attacker with a high damage output, it has good synergy with the deck. The only problem is that it shares the same weaknesses as the rest of it, which is not ideal. I feel the better solution would be to move away from a secondary steel attacker and instead continue to progress down the Dragon/Steel option, with Tyrantrum and Giratina both being solid attackers in their own right, you can see a sample list in the next update section.

UPDATE! PLEASE READ!

After all of the discussion there have been a lot of changes. There were some consistency issues highlighted with the Zoroark stuff and the fact that Scizors as the only attackers might also create some problems. I have decided to update this post with a Dragon/Steel build and am interested to know peoples thoughts on the idea.

Pokémon: 16

• 3 Scizor EX
  • 2 M Scizor EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 3 Bronzor
  • 3 Bronzong
  • 2 Tyrantrum EX
  • 1 Giratina EX
Energy: 11
  • 7 Metal
  • 4 Double Dragon
Trainer: 33
  • 3 Sycamore
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Birch
  • 1 Giovanni
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 AZ
  • 2 Scizor Spirit Link
  • 2 Head ringer
  • 2 Sky Field
  • 4 Trainers Mail
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Escape rope
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
I have my concerns, but it does mean I am not "Lighter fluid" and I have some high damage output with Tyrantrum and even more disruption from Giratina. We have seen Tyrantrum/Giratina decks working well over the past months so I don't see why adding more versatility to the deck would be a terrible thing! Tyrantrum has excellent synergy with Bronzong and is extremely strong against anything that requires energy on both actives to attack, Lugia, Mewtwo and Yveltal are all good examples of this. This lets Tyrantrum trade efficiently. I was tempted to drop Giratina completely and just play the 3rd Tyrantrum but I feel the utility that Giratina brings far outweighs the benefits of that 3rd Tyrantrum.

Moving forward with this, I would like to find room for two max potions and probably Muscle bands. Their omission from the list does concern me somewhat.

Last edited:
I think it looks like a very solid list with the only obvious problems being Garbodor and hex maniac. The downside to that is that Garbodor is getting a reprint in Breakthrough so he may make a nasty comeback. I saw that you ran two megaphones which I think will be sufficient. But maybe you could stick in a professors letter somewhere? Because if you're heavily relying on metal links and that gets shut off you're kinda stuck energy wise but a letter would at least give you access to some energy. Just a thought! But it looks like a solid list

I think it looks like a very solid list with the only obvious problems being Garbodor and hex maniac. The downside to that is that Garbodor is getting a reprint in Breakthrough so he may make a nasty comeback. I saw that you ran two megaphones which I think will be sufficient. But maybe you could stick in a professors letter somewhere? Because if you're heavily relying on metal links and that gets shut off you're kinda stuck energy wise but a letter would at least give you access to some energy. Just a thought! But it looks like a solid list

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah it is probably a good idea to play letter. I did note how reliant I am on Bronzong hence the megaphones, I assume that Garbodor will be popular given how strong the card is.

I probably wouldn't play Misty's, especially over Judge which I feel will be quite important in this list given how the deck is likely to play. Also, Aegislash isn't going to be nearly as useful here as it might be in other strategies. Given M Scizor's ability to strip special energy, it is unlikely that he will be of much use and he will just be giving away free prize cards so that gains me another space. Level Ball is probably quite a good inclusion too.

I'm planning on using a Scizor-EX deck as well post-BKP as well, though mine focuses mainly on Scizor-EX itself rather than the mega.

As for yours, I don't really see much point to Pokemon Center Lady. Sure, it heals back a Pokemon, but it's status as a Supporter can bite you when you need to use one for draw power. I would personally take it out in favor of another Float Stone, which synergizes well with Bronzong as it gives you more chances for a free retreat when you need it. Also, more Float Stones means less chances for it to be prized (the deck really needs them).

I'm planning on using a Scizor-EX deck as well post-BKP as well, though mine focuses mainly on Scizor-EX itself rather than the mega.

As for yours, I don't really see much point to Pokemon Center Lady. Sure, it heals back a Pokemon, but it's status as a Supporter can bite you when you need to use one for draw power. I would personally take it out in favor of another Float Stone, which synergizes well with Bronzong as it gives you more chances for a free retreat when you need it. Also, more Float Stones means less chances for it to be prized (the deck really needs them).

I was already thinking about playing a fourth Scizor EX over Aegislash and a 3rd Float stone over something, so I am glad there is some support for that! I will also be looking to play a 3-3 line of Bronzong instead of the 2-2 I initially proposed.

As for Pokemon center lady, she will probably be replaced by something such as Max Potion, which I have only just found out is being released. Given the "stun"-ish nature of M Scizor I would like to keep it healthy, so I'm sure I will be playing some sort of healing item. Center Lady had the advantage of removing status, which given that the new set may breathe some life into older strategies (Ariados/Seismitoad) and even cause some new ones to emerge (Darkrai EX/ Malamar EX), I felt like having a semi-searchable way to remove these statuses would be a welcome benefit!

I would still drop the PCL for Max's potions. Also you do have zoroark for status problems. Also personally I'd want to squeeze in another sycamore myself

I would still drop the PCL for Max's potions. Also you do have zoroark for status problems. Also personally I'd want to squeeze in another sycamore myself

Something like this then:

Pokemon - 19

• 3x Scizor EX
  • 3x M Scizor EX
  • 3x Bronzor
  • 3x Bronzong
  • 2x Zorua
  • 2x Zoroark
  • 2x Shaymin EX
  • 1x Hoopa EX
Energy - 8
  • 8x Metal Energy
Trainer - 33
  • 4x Sycamore
  • 1x Lysandre
  • 1x Giovannis
  • 1x Judge
  • 3x Float stone
  • 3x Scizor spirit link
  • 2x Startling Megaphone
  • 3x Battle compressor
  • 3x VS Seeker
  • 4x Trainers Mail
  • 3x Acro Bike
  • 3x Ultra ball
  • 1x Level ball
  • 1x Max potion
Although having written that out I immediately dislike no fighting spirit belt.

If you want to make fighting spirit belt fit
- 1 Battle Compressor (maybe or float stone)
- 1 Giovanni's (imo it's pretty underwhelming)
+ 2 Fighting Spirit Belt

I'd also want a second Max Potion but idk what you'd want to switch it out with

If you want to make fighting spirit belt fit
- 1 Battle Compressor (maybe or float stone)
- 1 Giovanni's (imo it's pretty underwhelming)
+ 2 Fighting Spirit Belt

I'd also want a second Max Potion but idk what you'd want to switch it out with

It wasn't a must, but spirit belt has the benefit of adding that extra damage to OHKO Entei and other base 130 Pokemon, something I feel is quite important. I included Giovanni for a similar reason and given that it lets Scizor and M Scizor OHKO Entei regardless of whether it is already holding a tool (Assuming M Scizor is likely to be holding spirit link, which is why I dropped belt in the first place!). With Entei becoming more and more popular, it seems like quite a good baseline to be hitting over it. I can't think of any other popular fire types in the meta.

It is also why I would like to play Parallel city, even if it is just at 1. The discard effect is really useful for discarding Shaymin and Hoopa that are dead on the bench, as well as reducing damage from three common types. Similarly, I can use the bench effect when playing against Sky Field decks like Raichu. I will be looking to play at least 1/2. If I need the bench space back, I can just discard it with M Scizor!

fighting spirit belt only works on basics. My suugestions would be too take out the brongzongs for more draw cards like shauna or birch. That would make this a very solid list. Why I say no Brongzong is because of the simple fact of Mega Scizor needing little energy. I thought of using Mega Scizor with Energy disruption like crushing hammer and enhanced hammer. Also crawdaunt may work for Mega Scizor's first effect discarding special energy.

**Bronzong makes Super potion more effective than pokemon center lady. They kinda work as a ghetto energy switch. ( wonderful if prizes have alot of your energies )
special conditions exist this standard set, but are not to be feared like hypnotoxics last set. A steel shelter should be considered.

**One of the best things about vs seeker isnt the fact that you recycle supporters, its the fact it allows you to have a limited choice of what supporter you use. If your running 3+/3+ compressors/seekers, having nothing but sycamores for draw support is a crime. A birch, shauna, or even a skyla/az would work wonders.

**My other concern with this build is that Anything fire is going to be impossible to beat. Weakness policy is something you should look into.

**Considering you aren't running any stadiums in this build, your using bronzongs, and your build is basically consistent of lighter fluid, I would definitely try to squeeze in a Lugia-ex.

**Some people like float stones, some people like switches. Considering this a Mega -ex build, I would go with switches. I assume the float stones are primarily for bonzongs and zoroarks? Retreating with a bronzong deck is not as costly as normal, since they recycle energies from the discard pile. Escape ropes can also buy a little time, or grab a more vulnerable card from the bench.

**Hoopa isnt so great here, I would take another ultra ball or Pokemon fan club in its place personally. Bronzongs and shaymins are going to be clogging you bench. I would probably replace hoopa for the Lugia or a Jirachi.

**Enhanced hammers/crushing hammers. Almost essential now-a-days since every type has its own special energy. and they can be great against the swarm of night march decks you see now. March decks can set up in one turn. I understand that scizor has a special energy discard, I think the two combined could be something amazing.

**-1 acro bike +1 ultraball/level ball -- balls are more useful here than acro. I run a bronzong/m aggron deck, and running out of cards is a very real threat. (especially since all your draw support is sycamore)

**shield energies are underrated. So many people set their knock-out damage to a specific number, and the -10 damage messes that up a little..m-scizor is kinda on the low side as far as hp for a mega go's (completely optional..I like them though)

** It might be beneficial to drop an M-scizor. 3/2 should work fine. I would test, and see if you find 3 necessary.

**zoroarks, I would lose them all together. Without double colorless and only 8 energies to work with, Zoroark seems very wasteful. 4 slots that could be put to better use with alot of options. Dialga/lugia/super pots/energies/jirachi/the dialga promo etc. Scizor only has a 2 star retreat, and you can get those back with bonzong. So his ability isnt as nice as it is in other decks. Switches would be more useful.

**dialga-ex and the fullart promo dialga might be something to look into. Dialga-ex can freeze up or make pokemon ex retreat, and also hits for 150, at the cost of 2 steel. The fullart promo dialga hits for 80 and prevents any evolutions from the defending pokemon during their next turn. Both could be very useful.

Really to sum it up, in theory this deck will work perfectly fine. The biggest problem is it has no preventative measures, or anything to slow down the opponent.
I also think you should play to M-scizors attack effects, and add hammers/lugia. Stripping the opponent of both stadiums and special energies could work wonders against M-rayquaza/night march decks. (which are the bulk of decks you will see more than likely)

oh also as you mentioned parallel might be useful as well. Havnig one in couldnt hurt if you have the spare space. buuut if you do, I would absolutely add in a lugia, M-scizor might take to long, and bench space is critical in bonzong decks.

or course this is all my opinion.

Last edited:
In my opinion, a Scizor EX with fighting fury belt is better than a M Scizor EX. With Zoroark regular Scizor EX hit 120 constantly. Taking out 3 M Scizor and 3 spirit link. i would suggest:
-3 M Scizor EX
-3 Spirit link
-1 hoopa EX
+1 Aegislash EX
+2 Judge/ PBO
+1 Ultra ball
+3 Max potion

Thanks Greg, there is a lot of information here so I'm going to break it down! Haha.

**Bronzong makes Super potion more effective than pokemon center lady. They kinda work as a ghetto energy switch. ( wonderful if prizes have alot of your energies ) special conditions exist this standard set, but are not to be feared like hypnotoxics last set. A steel shelter should be considered.

This has already been noted, there has been a lot of talk about Max Potion and this switch up has already been decided on!

**One of the best things about vs seeker isnt the fact that you recycle supporters, its the fact it allows you to have a limited choice of what supporter you use. If your running 3+/3+ compressors/seekers, having nothing but sycamores for draw support is a crime. A birch, shauna, or even a skyla/az would work wonders.

I don't know why I would play worse draw supporters instead of more copies of the best one. I can then use the VS Seekers for useful Supporters such as Lysandre!

**Considering you aren't running any stadiums in this build, your using bronzongs, and your build is basically consistent of lighter fluid, I would definitely try to squeeze in a Lugia-ex.

As I mention below, I would not be adverse to using a 3-2 ratio of Scizor provided that I can find another useful attacker. Lugia might provide such an option, although I can't help but feel that Aero Ball conflicts with M Scizor somewhat.

**Some people like float stones, some people like switches. Considering this a Mega -ex build, I would go with switches. I assume the float stones are primarily for bonzongs and zoroarks? Retreating with a bronzong deck is not as costly as normal, since they recycle energies from the discard pile. Escape ropes can also buy a little time, or grab a more vulnerable card from the bench.

**zoroarks, I would lose them all together. Without double colorless and only 8 energies to work with, Zoroark seems very wasteful. 4 slots that could be put to better use with alot of options. Dialga/lugia/super pots/energies/jirachi/the dialga promo etc. Scizor only has a 2 star retreat, and you can get those back with bonzong. So his ability isnt as nice as it is in other decks. Switches would be more useful

If I was to drop the Zoroarks, the float stones would probably be the next thing to go. The idea behind it was that Zoroark with a float stone can replace the Scizor EX as my active and then just float stone retreat to get the easy bonus damage for no cost, it can then do this every turn, I wasn't worried about Scizor's retreat cost I just wanted an efficient way to get the extra damage before mega evolving.

**Hoopa isnt so great here, I would take another ultra ball or Pokemon fan club in its place personally. Bronzongs and shaymins are going to be clogging you bench. I would probably replace hoopa for the Lugia or a Jirachi.

With a high EX count I was trying out Hoopa, I like the idea of being able to search for double scizor shaymin turn 1 though. Fan club could be a good alternative.

**Enhanced hammers/crushing hammers. Almost essential now-a-days since every type has its own special energy. and they can be great against the swarm of night march decks you see now. March decks can set up in one turn. I understand that scizor has a special energy discard, I think the two combined could be something amazing.

This is something I have been debating. I have been playing with the idea of using double head ringer, although I fear that this may be useless against common decks such as Night March, whereas Crushing Hammers deal with the basic energy that M Scizor can't

**-1 acro bike +1 ultraball/level ball -- balls are more useful here than acro. I run a bronzong/m aggron deck, and running out of cards is a very real threat. (especially since all your draw support is sycamore)

I have taken out the Acro bikes completely as of my most recent list.

** It might be beneficial to drop an M-scizor. 3/2 should work fine. I would test, and see if you find 3 necessary.

"]**dialga-ex and the fullart promo dialga might be something to look into. Dialga-ex can freeze up or make pokemon ex retreat, and also hits for 150, at the cost of 2 steel. The fullart promo dialga hits for 80 and prevents any evolutions from the defending pokemon during their next turn. Both could be very useful

I am tempted to go to a 3/2 Scizor line, but it does mean that I only have 2 reliable attackers and 3 situational ones. I would need to find a solid backup attacker. I looked at the Dialgas mentioned and liked both, although the poor damage from the Fullart Promo is keeping me from taking the plunge.

Really to sum it up, in theory this deck will work perfectly fine. The biggest problem is it has no preventative measures, or anything to slow down the opponent. I also think you should play to M-scizors attack effects, and add hammers/lugia. Stripping the opponent of both stadiums and special energies could work wonders against M-rayquaza/night march decks. (which are the bulk of decks you will see more than likely)

oh also as you mentioned parallel might be useful as well. Havnig one in couldnt hurt if you have the spare space. buuut if you do, I would absolutely add in a lugia, M-scizor might take to long, and bench space is critical in bonzong decks.

or course this is all my opinion.

I would like to find the space for some disruption. I felt like Head ringers would be a solid pick, considering that megaphone is included in the list, I felt they would be a good inclusion as well as Enhanced hammers. Parallel city has somehow managed to find space in the deck as a way to discard Shaymins and currently Hoopa.

If anyone has any suggestions with replacement attackers and then going down to a 3-2 Scizor lineup.

I also am very tempted to play Switch. It seems like it will have more pace than playing Zoroark, albeit only for one turn.

In my opinion, a Scizor EX with fighting fury belt is better than a M Scizor EX. With Zoroark regular Scizor EX hit 120 constantly. Taking out 3 M Scizor and 3 spirit link. i would suggest:
-3 M Scizor EX
-3 Spirit link
-1 hoopa EX
+1 Aegislash EX
+2 Judge/ PBO
+1 Ultra ball
+3 Max potion

The extra discard effect of M Scizor and the fact that it doesn't need Zoroark to function is the allure of M Scizor.
I am tempted to drop the Zoroark line altogether and play Switches. It is difficult to say without testing though!

fighting spirit belt only works on basics. My suugestions would be too take out the brongzongs for more draw cards like shauna or birch. That would make this a very solid list. Why I say no Brongzong is because of the simple fact of Mega Scizor needing little energy. I thought of using Mega Scizor with Energy disruption like crushing hammer and enhanced hammer. Also crawdaunt may work for Mega Scizor's first effect discarding special energy.

I did not know that about spirit belt! Maybe Muscle Band will be better for what I need it to do for me.

I feel that the consistent attachments of Bronzong, despite Scizor needing little amounts, is more than enough reason for it to be included. It is very solid.

Yes the extra disruption would be appreciated, I like the idea of playing head ringer. Although as I have mentioned elsewhere I fear it being useless against non-EX decks such as Night March.

Last edited by a moderator:
If everyone could check the update in the OP and let me know their thoughts, that would be great!

First post here, so sorry if it is in the wrong format.

Pokémon: 18
  • 3 Scizor EX
  • 3 M-Scizor EX
  • 2 Bronzor
  • 2 Bronzong
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 2 Zorua
  • 2 Zoroark
  • 1 Hoopa EX
  • 1 Aegislash EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 2 Fighting Spirit Belt
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Scizor Spirit Link
  • 2 Startling Megaphone
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Acro Bike
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Pokemon Center Lady
  • 1 Misty’s Spirit
Energy: 8

• 8 Metal Energy
Strategy:

After reading through the most recent set list there were a few cards that stood out to me. I am here to discuss, as the title might have suggested, Scizor EX (And M Scizor EX by extension).

A few things that are immediately notable about Scizor and M Scizor are their synergy with Bronzong. With two Bronzong on the bench, you can get a fully powered up Scizor every turn using Metal Links. Assuming that Garbodor or Hex Maniac isn't in effect.

Scizor EX also partners well with Zoroark, as before Mega Evolving Scizor doesn't actually hit that hard. Zoroark with a float stone can help remedy this, using its ability to switch in for Scizor and then float stone retreat to get extra damage.

Seeing as both of these concepts are reliant on an ability, it makes good sense that Startling Megaphone is going to be a good pick for the deck (Assuming Garbodor is going to be popular). Below is a quick, 5 minute list that I have put together and would like others to discuss so I can move the idea forward! Any help is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE:

I am interested to know peoples thoughts on a Dragon/Steel list that might look something like this:

Pokemon –16

• 3x Scizor EX
  • 2x M Scizor EX
  • 2x Shaymin EX
  • 3x Bronzor
  • 2x Bronzong
  • 2x Giratina EX
  • 2x Tyrantrum EX

Energy – 12

• 8x Metal
  • 4x Double Dragon
Trainer - 32

• 4x Sycamore
  • 2x Lysandre
  • 1x Birch
  • 1x Giovanni
  • 2x Scizor Spirit Link
  • 2x Head ringer
  • 4x Trainers Mail
  • 4x Ultra Ball
  • 4x VS Seeker
  • 3x Switch
  • 3x Battle Compressor
  • 2x Startling Megaphone
I have my concerns, but it does mean I am not "Lighter fluid" and I have some high damage output with Tyrantrum and even more disruption from Giratina. I also feel like by playing it like this, it might be trying to do too much? Any thoughts appreciated!

This looks like a fairly solid build honestly. Some variant ideas:

-1 giovanni/+1 AZ
-1 switch/+1 escape rope
-1 giratina/+1 Aegislash

Or adding a desire jirachi, for the fear factor. ( I seriously never use jirachi, when I play him. Hes lysandre bait... not to say hes not useful)

Its hard to give good advice since we can only guess at what decks it would be up against.

This looks like a fairly solid build honestly. Some variant ideas:

-1 giovanni/+1 AZ
-1 switch/+1 escape rope
-1 giratina/+1 Aegislash

Or adding a desire jirachi, for the fear factor. ( I seriously never use jirachi, when I play him. Hes lysandre bait... not to say hes not useful)

Its hard to give good advice since we can only guess at what decks it would be up against.

I respect Giovanni's versatility too much but would like to play AZ, even if it is just for picking up those Shaymin.
I guess I could play escape rope over the third switch, but is it really worth it?

I was thinking about playing 3 Tyrantrum and just forgetting about Giratina. I might just drop the second Giratina, I don't think I would play Aegislash over it though. Instead, perhaps an item for more disruption or even the AZ could take this slot. If I was going to play any Jirachi, it would definitely be the Stardust one!

Thanks for the support though!

I think you need more birch over sycamore. As it is you're running 4 sycamore and 4 vs seekers. If you get in a bind and need draw support and only have sycamore you're discarding more cards and most likely cards you can't afford. I would add in at least one more birch and drop a sycamore. Bronzong decks are very heavy on the discard side as it is (with trying to get steel energies in the discard pile) so being able to shuffle cards back into your deck is very helpful

I think you need more birch over sycamore. As it is you're running 4 sycamore and 4 vs seekers. If you get in a bind and need draw support and only have sycamore you're discarding more cards and most likely cards you can't afford. I would add in at least one more birch and drop a sycamore. Bronzong decks are very heavy on the discard side as it is (with trying to get steel energies in the discard pile) so being able to shuffle cards back into your deck is very helpful

I agree. I have decided to up the Birch count to 2 and bump the sycamore count down to 3, both are easily accessible via battle compressor. Fingers crossed for those coin flips!

I respect Giovanni's versatility too much but would like to play AZ, even if it is just for picking up those Shaymin.
I guess I could play escape rope over the third switch, but is it really worth it?

I was thinking about playing 3 Tyrantrum and just forgetting about Giratina. I might just drop the second Giratina, I don't think I would play Aegislash over it though. Instead, perhaps an item for more disruption or even the AZ could take this slot. If I was going to play any Jirachi, it would definitely be the Stardust one!

Thanks for the support though!
escape rope is more of a preference thing. Anything that deviates from the opponents strategy is always helpful. You still get the benefits of a switch, it might prove useful. I would test it, and see if it helps.

With shaymin(s) on the bench Az can work as draw support, a max potion-switch, a bench clear/super scoop up or all 3 at once. Theres a ton of versatility with AZ especialy since you the deck is running 4 vs seekers. Working with energies from the discard, the only downside of Az is he takes your supporter slot for that turn. Az really is underrated!

2 giratina does seem a tad wasteful. Working with dd energies opens your deck up to a lot of potential dragon cards. Or swapping out a giratina for pokemon fan club may be beneficial. I think you were on spot with 2 tyrantrum.

Like I said though its a pretty solid build, just trying to give some experimental ideas :)

Also I agree 3/2 sycamore/birch seems like a good idea. I have a lot of trouble with running out of cards with my m-aggron deck.

Last edited:
Back