• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Mewtwo Y

Rhaegar_21

Aspiring Trainer
Hey! I'm new here, can you help me to improve my deck?
I saw the deck list from darkintegralgaming and from here, and I made a kind of mix between them, but I'm not sure if this is optimal.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20161201-135842.png

TheGuardian118

Aspiring Trainer
Looks like an ok build if you want to use the new Mewtwo. Personally I think the damage change with Shrine of Memories version is better. Maybe another change could be escape rope instead of switch.

uncleyuri

~
You'll prob hear a lot of go with the damage change mewtwo/shrine of memories instead as that's the consensus better mewtwo to use. Aside from that going with this mewtwo EX I don't see anything glaring that needs changed. I don't think N is as important in this deck so I might go - 1 N, + 1 Sycamore or even - 2 N, + 1 Sycamore and + 1 Trainer's mail. If you get behind in prizes you can always VS for the N and use it that way.

Rhaegar_21

Aspiring Trainer
You'll prob hear a lot of go with the damage change mewtwo/shrine of memories instead as that's the consensus better mewtwo to use. Aside from that going with this mewtwo EX I don't see anything glaring that needs changed. I don't think N is as important in this deck so I might go - 1 N, + 1 Sycamore or even - 2 N, + 1 Sycamore and + 1 Trainer's mail. If you get behind in prizes you can always VS for the N and use it that way.
So I should change the new Mewtwo to the damage change Mewtwo, -1 N, -1 Parallel City, +2 Shrine of memories?

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
You should run at least 3 Shrine of Memories and another Stadium of your choice. Parallel City should be fine.

uncleyuri

~
So I should change the new Mewtwo to the damage change Mewtwo, -1 N, -1 Parallel City, +2 Shrine of memories?

Not necessarily, I don't have a lot of experience with the evolutions Mewtwo EX so if you've played with it and feel good using it then stick with it. Mewtwo EX with damage change is the consensus best Mewtwo to use though. Damage Change is very strong not only in healing your Mewtwo but piling damage onto your opponent. Your opponent will have to really play around this carefully. It can cause some tough situations to deal with. In order to use it with Mega Mewtwo you'll need to have a Shrine of Memories down. With most decks playing 3-4 Stsfiums of their own you should have at least 2 of them and a lot of people even play 3 of them to endure Damage Change is available.

As for N vs the Sycamore, I personally like getting a full 7 cards and rely on vs seeker to recover anything important I might have had to discard. If you're running mega turbo it can also help get an energy into the discard if you need to use the turbo early on.

Rhaegar_21

Aspiring Trainer
I've made this changes so far, any thoughts?
+1 Shaymin-EX
+4 Mewtwo-EX Damage Change
+3 Shrine of Memories
+1 Escape Rope
+2 Trainers Mail
+1 Sycamore
+1 Mega Turbo

-4 Mewtwo-EX EVO
-2 Max Elixir
-1 Switch
-1 Ultra Ball
-2 N
-1 Skyla
-2 Parallel City

The -1 Ultra Ball doesn't convince me 100%, also having an extra Shaymin and Sycamore compensates the -2 N? I've lost a couple of matches just because I had a hand with no draw power. Finally, what about having no Max Elixir? The deck lists I've seen doesn't have them.

Thanks fot the help btw!
Screenshot_20161204-213515.png

TheGuardian118

Aspiring Trainer
The max elixir is not as important as the Mega Turbo, mostly because you want to mega evolve quickly and then the elixirs don't work. Plus the turbo has synergy with ultra ball. Use UB to discard the energy, then turbo it onto your Mega.

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
I feel that, considering he only has 6 Draw Supporters in the form of 4 Sycamore/2 N, he would want to run 4 Ultra Ball to maximize his chances of grabbing Shaymin EX (and other useful things, naturally), or, at a very minimum, he could potentially run Hoopa EX? I don't know how it fares in decks like these considering I don't personally touch Mewtwo, but I've seen people play it and it seems good at least.

I don't know, but not running 4 Ultra Ball in a deck that has Mega Turbo and 4 VS Seeker seems odd to me.

-Asmer

PortalAPP.

I have a profile picture.
One option to get the 4 ultra ball count is cutting 1 Garbodor. Two other options are the pokemon center lady or the 4th trainers mail.

Asmer

One option to get the 4 ultra ball count is cutting 1 Garbodor. Two other options are the pokemon center lady or the 4th trainers mail.

You can easily drop the 4th Trainers' Mail for a 4th Ultra Ball and not lose any consistency (probably gain a bit) imo. Should make things easier to set up as well. ^^

-Asmer

Rhaegar_21

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks a lot four your feedback!
-1 Trainers Mail, + 1 Ultra Ball.
The 4 Sycamore and 2 N are alright? Sometimes I see myself doubting if using Sycamore because I would have to discard key cards, like M Mewtwo's and DCE's, and since I don't have a way to getting them back, I end up not using it.

Asmer

Thanks a lot four your feedback!
-1 Trainers Mail, + 1 Ultra Ball.
The 4 Sycamore and 2 N are alright? Sometimes I see myself doubting if using Sycamore because I would have to discard key cards, like M Mewtwo's and DCE's, and since I don't have a way to getting them back, I end up not using it.
No problems! I love helping others! ^^
As far as the Draw Support Lines, I know @crystal_pidgeot had mentioned in his article that he hated discarding important things like Spirit Links etc. in decks that utilized Megas, and since I respect him as a player, I think you could definitely reduce Sycamore and increase either numbers on N or add in something like Professor Birch's Observation to help out with that problem. So long as you keep in mind that your goal is to set up M Mewtwo Ys as fast as you can to get early KOs, you should be fine with being able to pick out preferences for your Draw Supporters. That said, I would still recommend playing at a minimum 2 Professor Sycamore, simply because there are times where a hard draw is necessary. That, and 7 cards is still super good.

Hope this helps!

-Asmer

Rhaegar_21

Aspiring Trainer
Again, thanks to all, especially Asmer! After all the changes I think I'm doing better.

Maybe I should make another thread asking for strategy advice... But anyway, cards against specific matchups?

I have the general concept that vs M Gardevoir is <almost> an autolose; vs M Scyzor, using Shaymin is not very recommended, DCE's and Shrine of Memories should only be used when necessary to knock out a M Scyzor. These two I think are just strategy-luck-related. But what about Giratina? I've read that Garbodor is not enough and a Hex Maniac is necessary. But I don't think it's worth modifying the deck just to counter Giratina.

Asmer

Unfortunately, Giratina Darkrai is another giant pain to deal with. xP
Darkrai scales pretty well and has resistance to Psychic while Giratina can simply shut you down and take its time setting up. Also, even with Lysandre, you'd have to be able to pick of something like a Darkrai (which can be easier said than done) or a Shaymin (which is much easier, but they would have to have one in play) to truly get the ball rolling. It is possible and useful to tech in a Hex Maniac, but even then, the match-up doesn't swing in your favor. It would be helpful, however.

The real question is whether or not you're more afraid of Standard Walls or Giratina Darkrai when it comes down to tech. You can (technically) beat Standard Walls without Pokemon Ranger, for example, by playing both aggressively and intelligently with Lysandres and proper Energy attachment. It's not necessarily easy, but it's completely possible. That said, Ranger gives you the ability to rid your opponent of Energy attached to, let's say, a Jolteon EX, which is also time that they had to spend attaching that Energy, which make a difference (and a rather large one at times).

As far as super specific strategy goes... unfortunately, that is out out my reach at the moment for this deck specifically. I think I mentioned it in here earlier... I simply haven't touched M Mewtwo Y as a deck yet. I may on PTCGO soon, however, if I can grind some more packs (I get lazy ><).

That said, I hope this helps! Worst case, if the match becomes unbearable/more common than, let's say Walls, then I would add in the Hex Maniac and see how it fares. Take care~

-Asmer

musicismyalibi_

Aspiring Trainer
I've been playing M Mewtwo Y for a while now and I can say the following:
- I don't like Garbodor, because it requires too many spaces in the deck. You'll want a speed-build, while Garbodor is more of a stalling method to buy yourself some time;
- Never skip Hex Maniac in this deck, even when you run Garbodor. If your opponent plays Giratina/Darkrai for example, the first thing they'll want to do is Lysandre-kill the Garb, even if it means they have to give up a Giratina or half of a Darkrai... They'll get the Giratina in front, its ability blocks off your attacks and they will get the win eventually when you don't play any Hex Maniac.
- I too opt for the Mewtwo EX with Damage Change in combination with Shrine Of Memories. It's a beautiful attack for a 210HP Pokémon to fully heal like Max Potion (but without the energy discard) and in the mean time hit like hell on your opponent!

Important changes I'd make:
- Basic Mewtwo EX -> Damage Change ones
- Max Elixir -> Mega Turbo
- Pokémon Center Lady -> Hex Maniac
- 1 N -> 1 Professor Sycamore
- Parallel City + 1 Float Stone -> 2 Shrine Of Memories
↑ For more consistency.

Personally I'd opt to get rid of the garbs, throw in an extra shay and an extra hoopa, also 1 wobbuffet, replace the switch with escape rope, get another shrine in... It's the little things that add your signature to your deck ;) and you have to play what you think is right, what feels right. People find their list better with Garbs and I'm totally okay with it, it's your own style of playing. Good luck, hope I could help out a little bit!