• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded M Gengar Ex

Sup3rTaco

Aspiring Rayquaza
Seeing the full art Gengar EX, I knew I had to get one. Now I built a deck around M Gengar and I am planning on playing it during the Dallas Regionals in January. I have been testing this out for about a month and I have changed many things during that time and the current decklist is:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 2 Gastly GEN 33
* 2 Haunter BKT 59
* 1 Gengar CIN 38
* 1 Gengar BKT 60
* 3 Gengar-EX PHF 34
* 1 M Gengar-EX PR-XY XY166
* 2 M Gengar-EX PHF 35
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 2 Professor Juniper DEX 98
* 1 Wally ROS 94
* 1 Psychic's Third Eye BKP 108
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Karen PR-XY XY177a
* 1 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Gengar Spirit Link PHF 95
* 2 Escape Rope BUS 114
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Evosoda XY 116
* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Dimension Valley PHF 93

##Energy - 16

* 3 Mystery Energy PHF 112
* 13 Psychic Energy GEN 79

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Originally the plan was to use Creep Show Gengar with Gengar EX as a support, but it quickly evolved into M Gengar. Now I run 3 Gengar EX and the baby Gengars are barely even used.

The plan is to set up M Gengar with one mystery energy and a dimension valley as quickly as possible. Then I just copy my opponents attacks. Shiny M Gengar is there in case I run into something that would be a horrible idea to copy, like Solgaleo EX (230 damage but discard all energy). Haunter's ability is there to stall the opponent, I actually use this quite a bit.

I do need to add another Spirit Link, I'm just waiting for one in the mail. I used to run 10 basic and 3 special energy but I would have problems drawing it out. It was suggested to me to add a Necrozma in here to help set up Creep Show but I haven't tried that out.

I'm probably going to turn the 2 Timer balls in Ultra. Also maybe 2 Basic energies into DCE and the 2 Nest balls into a Necrozma and a Ninja Boy. Trainer's mail is just in there cause that's all I had so I'm not against switching it out. I'm just afraid of having too many items in case I go against a Garbodor or someone has item locking. I don't really play expanded a lot but I do know Vileplume and maybe Wobuffett could be in this format so I just want to be prepared.

Thanks for any help in advance
~Sup3rTaco

I'll tell you right now, M Gengar EX is hurrendously bad, especially in a format, that is really, fast and furious! His attack is good with dimension valley, that's about it.

Your list is solid no changes are needed besides maybe one more Lele (if you can afford it), but I just think in a fast format, this deck is going to be swept to the floor.

Take the other Gengars out though, as your main goal is to use M Gengar's attack.

There's SOOOOOOO much to change if you want this deck to be viable. I have a lot to say later, but for now, drop the Creep Show Hangar line as a whole. That card is terrible, and there's plenty of cards to help this deck

It's usually bad to play a deck that auto losses to the last big tournament winner or heavily used decks in general if you play a zoroark deck your gonna be bodied. As for the deck drop the clumpy stage 2 gengar line and some more viable alternate attackers

Back