• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Gardevoir-EX / Xerneas / Aromatisse

HotTorchic

Hot Torchic
gardevoir-spirit-link-art.jpg XY-10 Mega Gardevoir-EX, Xerneas and Aromatisse! gardevoir-spirit-link-art.jpg

Pokémon: 16

• 3 Gardevoir-EX
  • 3 M Gardevoir-EX
  • 3 Xerneas
  • 2 Spritzee
  • 2 Aromatisse
  • 1 Regirock
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 3 Gardevoir Spirit Link
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Max Potion
  • 3 Max Elixir
  • 2 Mega Turbo
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Trainers Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 3 Fairy Garden
Energy: 10
  • 10 Fairy Energy
Strategy:

Feel free to make as many changes as you want because this is my list and everyone has their own playstyles. In case anyone is wondering why there's a Regirock that's because of it's ability/ancient trait Barrier where it can't be affected by your opponents trainers. For XY-10 I just added 3 N because let's be honest N is broken. If anyone else has any recommendations feel free to hmu(hit me up)! I really need to make this deck perfect because this is the deck that I'll be running for the next year so please help me with this!

Last edited by a moderator:
When I ran a similar deck, I used a few Level Balls to help get the Spritzee into play as quickly as possible. In addition, I wanted to maximize my chances of a Xerneas start too; so, I ran 4. 2-3 turns of Geomancy increase your chances of a game win dramactically.

IMO, your Pokemon is a "standard" list, but you could alsoinclude other "techs" too should you wish for certain match-ups. For example, Pokemon like Yveltal EX, Seismitoad EX, etc. have been a few great, alternate Pokemon attackers used in decks like this.

Further, of all your Trainers, the least important are the Mega Turbo and Max Elixir. The Mega Turbo are too "situational" in that you must have a Mega Pokemon in play before you can use them. So, it is not "that" helpful for 2+ turns (if at all). The Max Elixir are most effective after you've "thinned out" your deck and your chances of having an energy in your top 6 cards of your deck are "relatively" high. These offer additional energy attachment acceleration, but still overlap Xerneas' Geomancy attack. And, if you are Item-lock, these Items are rendered essentially useless.

I'd sugest the following deck changes for your consideration:

-1 Max Potion - 2 should be enough given the expected "speed" of setting up your bench and damage recovery will not be that critical
-2 Mega Turbo
-1 Max Elixir

+2 Level Ball
+1 Professor's Letter - to hep get initial energy to attach to your Xerneas
+1 Fairy - to increase your chances of getting energy into play via Max Elixir

If Item-locking is a potential concern, consider replacing your Max Potion with a Cassius and anothe Fairy energy.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

The only thing is you need at least 2 Stardust Jirachi. You just lose to Night March otherwise.

For your consideration: A couple Fighting Fury Belts to help Xerneas XY hang tough and power up your situation better. I can only surmise that you feel the ability to KO something like Regice with Xerneas (a feat for which you need Muscle Band over FFB) is more important, but on the other hand having 170 HP means Regice has to have a Muscle Band to 2 shot you. Actually, NVM. I thought I saw Muscle Band in there.

Cottonee - Whimsicott, just a 1-1 line can easily swoop in and heal M Gardevoir while inflicting pain on the enemy with Windy Mischief. (Heal Xerneas XY also?)

I like Max Elixir, since I run 4 Xerneas XY and almost always have a basic on the bench, if it hits it's another +30 damage for Brilliant Arrow. I like to bench a Xerneas XY early game in case the active one is KO'd and M Gardevoir is not ready yet.

Since I also run Xerneas EX (one copy) I find 1-2 Double Colourless to be very handy. Sounds counter-intuitive. . . but in cases where Fairy Garden is not available it can retreat any pokemon in the deck, also it can be used to power up both Xerneas EX's attack as well as M Gardevoir's.

In that case only a single fairy energy is in peril while M Gardevoir is making KO's. It can be attached any time and fairy energy moved away to a 'safe' location or an alternate attacker in case M Gardevoir is knocked out with 90 damage worth of energy on it, if you follow.

Xerneas EX makes a decent Night March counter, able to KO a Joltik on the bench and can be difficult to KO for Night March with Fighting Spirit Belt equipped. Another awesome reason to include a few of them. . . Also Break Through is a pretty easy attack to power up.

I find one Max Potion to be sufficient, since early game it tends not to be useful. 3 I would definitely consider excessive.

DO include the 2 Level Ball, it makes for a much easier set up. These decks are Aromatisse XY decks. . .

I run 2 Super Rod, since energy lost to the discard is bad in this deck. I don't run Mega Turbo, but Max Elixir after you've just used Super Rod to throw three energy back into the deck mid to late game works pretty well. Also, Aromatisse would generally be my first target as soon as I see the fairy archetype. If you had to discard one early and the other is KO'd it's nice to have that extra Super Rod, since you'll probably draw one first turn alongside a Sycamore.

I don't know, this deck is fun. . . it just kind of takes a little while to really get up the steam to sweep the field. I think Max Elixir really helps this.

Do you need more than 1 Shaymin EX? You do need bench space. . . But I guess if you have two, you might as well run both, it can only speed things up.

Anyways! Love this deck, lots of good synergy, able to do very spooky things. . . it's got lots of support and possibilities. I am just really enjoying playing this deck (my own version) and am enthusiastic to help, but cannot claim I'm anything special. I have a habit of writing as though I am some kind of expert, it's a habit that served me well in school and isn't meant to be condescending or absolute or anything. . . only meant to spark discussion.

Pretty solid list so great work. I agree Xerneas EX could be usefull as both a night march counter and bench damage is always good. Maybe try taking out the xerneas and regirock for 2 of them. while that might seem bad at first the reason why i dont like storing energy on regirock is because if your opponent lysandres out a aromatise and knocks it out the energy gets stuck on it. as for only having 2 xerneas its mostly because now with max elixer you can attach a fairy energy to whatever could have been active and hopefully max elixer to xerneas and then free retreat and get your geomancy off. Also i recomend taking out 2 N's or one of Sycamore and N to make room for Xerosic and another lysandre or even 2 xerosic. Xerosic is very usefull for taking off things such as Head ringer or your opponents Fighting fury belts. 2 lysandres are important for getting around Regice as well as giratina in case you evolve without thinking ahead of time. Lastly adding one DCE does help save you from lossing fairy energy on your MGardevoir as well as pulling off a first turn Breakthrough and get you ahead of the prize trade on night march. Have fun with your deck Building!

I might disagree. Only with the removal of xerneas xy. Regirock is a great idea but given that they must rely on crushing g hammer as opposed to enhanced means that they will certainly fall behind in energy removal when Geomancy is in effect. 3 xerneas xy would be the minimum I would run in this deck. It is the strongest opening pokemoney you can have in both ways since your other option is spritZee or gardevoir ex who you want on the bench to take advantage of max elixir also.
Think that Mr mime would be more worthwhile than regirock : protecting aromatisse xy. I prefer 4 xerneas so it is certain it is my starter.
AZ is a good head ringer remover but maybe run 4 spirit link? At least that way you attach it right away. Xerosic could be very important in matches against garbodor mind you.

Mr. Mime is useless in most cases as bench damage is not seen very often except with the occasional Crobat attack and overrun from manectric. I do think Xerneas is usually a 3 of but with max elixir as another form of energy acceleration you really should not be running 4. Part of the reason for Xerneas not being something that should use geomancy twice now is that its just to slow at the moment in this ultra fast metagame we are in. So ideally you could Max Elixer,Attach,Geomancy for 2, and then 2nd turn you could mega turbo and Attach and boom your hitting 180. if anything max out on the Elixirs and use only 2 or 3 xerneas.

How do you all feel about the viability of toge kiss ancient trait as energy accelerator. I have not tried it because togekiss takes up too much room and has inconsistent results.
Another questionable idea would be to include Gallade to increase the effectiveness of max elixir: max out on trainer's mail so you can use it and other search cards to shuffle your deck if Gallade predicts an unfavourable result in the top 5 cards?
I believe teammates might be a good inclusion to help offset the slowness of the deck in general, going on the presumption Xerneas xy is probably food.
Does anyone else believe Shaymin to be more effective with basic pokémon? With evolving pokémon you need shay min second turn after your opponent uses N and shuffles aromatisse and your mega back into your deck for you.

Back