• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lycanroc GX/ Zygard EX Deck

Legosupercallum

Aspiring Trainer
This uses both Lycanroc GX's

2x Lycanroc GX - SM14
2x Lycanroc GX - GRI
1x Zygarde ex
4x Rockruff - GRI
2x Sudowoodo
1x Lycanroc - BSH 75
1x Riolu BSH
1x Lucario BSH
2x carbink

2x N
2x Lysander
2x Olivia
1x Team Skull Grunt
1x Acerola
3x Choice Band
1x Professors Letter
1x Evosoda
1x Escape Rope
2x Rescue Strechers
2x Bodybuilding Dumbbells
1x Multi Switch
3x Switch
1x Super Rod
2x Muscle Band
1x Specail Charge
2x Field Blowers
1x Super Scoop Up
4x Ultra Ball

1x strong energy
7x fighting type energy's
4x double colorless
Please leave your ideas in the comment section below!

Last edited:
Hello!
Pre-Rotation I ran lycanroc GX (Day Version) with a deck based around stalling my opponents (Carbink-Carbink BREAK) and using items that allowed for quick healing (Healing Scarf) And dealing large amounts of damage as quick as I could (Muscle Band-Regirock EX). Pre-Rotation, the deck was a bit of a gamble each match but since it was my first deck I built totally on my own, I stuck with it. (I'm still fairly new to the game, having started just 9 months ago.) I tried to use the deck post rotation and didn't have much success, as many cards in the deck rotated out, and put that deck aside and am now only trying to re-tool it. I think your choice of Pokemon is interesting, I also run two of each Lycanroc GX as well as 4 Rockruff, and I like your use of sudowoodo, as that ability is added frustration for the opponent. However, I think you'd fare better without Riolu-Lucario, unless you were going to run multiples. I would even consider dropping Passimian & Lycanroc to add another pair of Riolu & Lucario, or even a totally different choice of Pokemon. I run 2x Tauros GX solely because they're High HP, Low energy cost Pokemon that only get stronger as they take more damage, so they're great for buying time to build up the Lycanroc GX's on the bench and then retreating before death.
Your Trainers are good, but can definitely be cleaned up as you see fit and probably will see as you play. Again, you may fare better with multiples rather than 1x here and there. Especially with Lycanroc GX post-rotation, who will thrive off of stalling the opponent, so including cards that slow down your opponent's ability to set up is key for Lycanroc GX. Another recommendation I have for the trainers would be to drop a couple ultraballs for timerballs, which can be used to get those Lycanroc GX's out fairly quickly.

Here's what my deck looks like as of today:

POKEMON (15)
2x Lycanroc GX (SM14)
2x Lycanroc GX (GR156)
2x Tauros GX (SM)
1x Zygarde EX
4x Rockruff (SM06)
1x Lycanroc
2x Sudowoodo
1x Kangaskhan (SM99)

TRAINERS:
2x Team Flare Grunt
2x Professor Sycamore
1x Devolution Spray
3x N
2x Brooklet Hill
1x Floatstone
1x Timerball
1x Switch
1x Professor's Letter
2x Energy Retrieval
1x Energy Recycler
2x Pokemon Fanclub
2x Bodybuilding Dumbells
2x Weakness Policy
2x Evosoda
2x Repel
1x Choice Band
1x Ultraball
1x Field Blower

Energy (15)
Strong Energy x2
Double Colorless x2
Fighting Energy x11

Remove one Sudowoodo, the Passimian, and the Riolu/Lucario line. Sudowoodo is great, but running more than one is unnecessary. The Passimian from Burning Shadows is just plain bad, and the the Riolu/Lucario doesn't really serve a purpose in this deck. Taking out those four cards, I'd recommend a 2-2 line of Carbink and Carbink Break so you're able to accelerate energies.

Your Trainers are all over the place. Lots of one-of cards that really decrease the consistency of this deck. I recommend looking at other Lycanroc GX builds online to get a feel for how they run their Trainers. I recommend adding an Acerola or two in.

You should run 4 Strong Energy. There's just no reason not too!

Remove one Sudowoodo, the Passimian, and the Riolu/Lucario line. Sudowoodo is great, but running more than one is unnecessary. The Passimian from Burning Shadows is just plain bad, and the the Riolu/Lucario doesn't really serve a purpose in this deck. Taking out those four cards, I'd recommend a 2-2 line of Carbink and Carbink Break so you're able to accelerate energies.

Your Trainers are all over the place. Lots of one-of cards that really decrease the consistency of this deck. I recommend looking at other Lycanroc GX builds online to get a feel for how they run their Trainers. I recommend adding an Acerola or two in.

You should run 4 Strong Energy. There's just no reason not too!
I used my lucario for its ability

@Legosupercallum - What is your deck strategy? Your deck does not seem focused enough in my opinion. Your "range" of Pokémon, especially the number of Stage 1s, appears to make your deck slow too. Further, the non-main Pokémon don't seem to have a lot of synergy. IMO, should one run a "setup" deck like yours, one needs to have some Pokémon that can "take a hit," inflict some damage and "protect/shield" the main line for a short time. Otherwise, one risks have the main line Basics starting and even perhaps getting KOd early, resulting in slowing down your setup altogether and potentially losing some prizes early game too.

Where are your card-draw Supporters??? Stadiums?

I too run a Lycanroc GX deck and my strategy is to essentially "beat down" my opponent's Pokémon while denying the opponent energy with the Crunch attack. With that purpose in mind, my deck is streamlined and focused to execute that strategy.

Following are some suggested deck changes for your consideration:

-2 Sudowoodo - What real "value" does this Pokémon actually have other than being an easy 1HKO? Also, Parallel City would potentially be more effective too.

-1 Passimian - This 1-of requires 2 energy to attack... not great damage output either.

-1 Riolu
-1 Lucario - This Pokémon is just another setup Pokémon type and you may not even be able to use it should either Pokémon be prized.

-2 Olivia - Between your 4 Ultra Balls and "strong" card-draw support, Olivia seem excessive.

-1 Team Skull Grunt - This card could be quite "risky" since you first can not peek at your opponent's hand (like with Captivating Poké Puff); so, it is not critical.

-1 Rescue Stretcher - 2 Rescue Stretcher and 1 Super rod seem excessive.

-3 Choice Band/Bodybuilding Dumbbells/Muscle Band - 3 Choice Band, 2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells and 2 Muscle Band equal a total of 7 Tools which seem very excessive.

-1 Super Scoop Up - There is a 50% chance of failure and this card would have less priority than, for instance, more F energy.

-1 Double Colorless - 3 should be sufficient.

+3 Lycanroc (BUS 75) - This is an 1-energy attacking Pokémon with decent HP and can be used as a starter while setting up your Lycanroc GXs.

+4 Professor Sycamore - Card-draw support.

+2 N - Card-draw support.

+2 Nest Ball - Facilitates getting your bench setup.

+3 Strong energy - Boosts damage output of your F Pokémon attacks.

Another consideration: incorporate 4 Talonflame (STS) (replacing 2 Lycanroc, 1 Nest Ball and 1 Ultra Ball). This Pokémon is a great starter since it can inflict 40 damage (for just C energy cost) and allows you to search your deck for 2 cards that you can play on your next turn.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

@Legosupercallum - What is your deck strategy? Your deck does not seem focused enough in my opinion. Your "range" of Pokémon, especially the number of Stage 1s, appears to make your deck slow too. Further, the non-main Pokémon don't seem to have a lot of synergy. IMO, should one run a "setup" deck like yours, one needs to have some Pokémon that can "take a hit," inflict some damage and "protect/shield" the main line for a short time. Otherwise, one risks have the main line Basics starting and even perhaps getting KOd early, resulting in slowing down your setup altogether and potentially losing some prizes early game too.

Where are your card-draw Supporters??? Stadiums?

I too run a Lycanroc GX deck and my strategy is to essentially "beat down" my opponent's Pokémon while denying the opponent energy with the Crunch attack. With that purpose in mind, my deck is streamlined and focused to execute that strategy.

Following are some suggested deck changes for your consideration:

-2 Sudowoodo - What real "value" does this Pokémon actually have other than being an easy 1HKO? Also, Parallel City would potentially be more effective too.

-1 Passimian - This 1-of requires 2 energy to attack... not great damage output either.

-1 Riolu
-1 Lucario - This Pokémon is just another setup Pokémon type and you may not even be able to use it should either Pokémon be prized.

-2 Olivia - Between your 4 Ultra Balls and "strong" card-draw support, Olivia seem excessive.

-1 Team Skull Grunt - This card could be quite "risky" since you first can not peek at your opponent's hand (like with Captivating Poké Puff); so, it is not critical.

-1 Rescue Stretcher - 2 Rescue Stretcher and 1 Super rod seem excessive.

-3 Choice Band/Bodybuilding Dumbbells/Muscle Band - 3 Choice Band, 2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells and 2 Muscle Band equal a total of 7 Tools which seem very excessive.

-1 Super Scoop Up - There is a 50% chance of failure and this card would have less priority than, for instance, more F energy.

-1 Double Colorless - 3 should be sufficient.

+3 Lycanroc (BUS 75) - This is an 1-energy attacking Pokémon with decent HP and can be used as a starter while setting up your Lycanroc GXs.

+4 Professor Sycamore - Card-draw support.

+2 N - Card-draw support.

+2 Nest Ball - Facilitates getting your bench setup.

+3 Strong energy - Boosts damage output of your F Pokémon attacks.

Another consideration: incorporate 4 Talonflame (STS) (replacing 2 Lycanroc, 1 Nest Ball and 1 Ultra Ball). This Pokémon is a great starter since it can inflict 40 damage (for just C energy cost) and allows you to search your deck for 2 cards that you can play on your next turn.

I hope you find these comments helpful.
I so want to play a decent Lycanroc-GX deck. Tuxedo, what is your decklist?

I used my lucario for its ability
Well yeah, but you only run 1 Riolu and 1 Lucario. The ability itself isn't that great either since there's Guzma. Someone activates Guzma to move your lucario out of active (if you can even get it out) and then you don't get the effect anymore. Running 1 copy of any card makes it inconsistent since you could possibly prize riolu and never be able to get Lucario out. If Lucario gets prized the Riolu serves 0 purpose. You're better off taking both of them out and putting something different in like Tapu Lele.

This is a great list I made. It plays great, but if you are trying to play with this competitively it does not fare very well. With things like Decidueye and Golisopod GX being so prevalent in competitive they will 1-shot all of your Pokémon.
Pokemon – 15
  • Lycanroc GX (Midnight) x 2
  • Lycanroc GX (Midday) x 2

• Rockruff x 4

• Carbink BREAK x 2

• Carbink x 2

• Tapu Lele GX x 2

• Orangaru x 1
Supporters - 14

• Sycamore x 3

• N x 4

• Acerola x 1

• Team Flare Grunt x 2

• Plumaria x 2

• Guzma x 1

• Bridgette x 1
Items – 18

• Choice Band x 3

• Float Stone x 2

• Ultra Ball x 4

• Crushing Hammer x 4

• Enhanced Hammer x 1

• Rescue Stretcher x 2

• Field Blower x 2
Stadiums – 2

• Brooklet Hill x 2
Energy – 11

Strong Energy x 4
Double Colorless Energy x 3
Fighting Energy x 4

I so want to play a decent Lycanroc-GX deck. Tuxedo, what is your decklist?
I run the following Lycanroc GX deck (post-rotation, Standard format):

Pokémon (15)
4 Lycanroc GX (Crunch)
4 Rockruff (Pr SM06)
2 Zygarde EX
3 Lycanroc (BUS 75)
2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers (33)
1 Acerola
2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells
1 Brigette
1 Brooklet Hill
2 Choice Band
3 Crushing Hammer
1 Enhance Hammer
1 Escape Rope
2 Field Blower
3 Guzma
3 N
1 Parallel City
3 Professor Sycamore
4 Puzzle of Time
1 Super Rod
1 Team Flare Grunt
3 Ultra Ball

Energy (12)
8 Fighting
4 Strong

As mentioned before, there are a few integral parts to executing my deck strategy:

• When I typically run a setup deck, I like having a solid group of "high" HP, Basic Pokémon (my "front line") can can be useful in setting up, are 1-energy attackers, and/or provide somewhat of a "wall" as I setup my main attackers (i.e., Lycanroc GX). This is especially important too since my Lycanroc GX requires at least 2 energy before it can attack. My front line Pokémon consist of Lycanroc and Zygarde EX. These 1-energy attackers are quite solid, especially Zygarde EX whose 2nd attack provides some healing too.
    • Another Pokémon I considered was Hitmonlee (instead of Lycanroc) that can attack any opponent Pokémon. However, little Lycanroc got the job since it can potentially inflict more damage for just the 1 energy.
    • Note: When SM4 is released, a new Pokémon, Buzzwole GX, will replace all of my little Lycanrocs. This new Pokémon's 1st attack will purportedly inflict 30+ (depending upon whether or not a Strong energy and/or certain Tool are attached) onto the Defending AND an opponent's benched Pokémon. This new Pokémon reminds me of Landorus EX which is one of my all-time favorites. Another "bonus" is that this new Pokémon will be Psychic-weak vs. Grass.
  • When ready, Lycanroc GX's Crunch attack will be used, along with the Hammers, to remove opponent's attached energy from strategic Pokémon. As appropriate, KOs will be take place too early to mid-game.
  • To further restrict my opponent's options, I also run Parallel City (I run at least 1 of these in all my decks) and 4 Puzzles of Time. The Parallel City Stadium is quite versatile in that it can be used to disrupt my opponent's bench or help remove unneeded/unwanted Pokémon (e.g., wounded Pokémon) from my bench (i.e., liabilities or prizes denial). The Puzzles help recover discarded resources (e.g., Hammers, Supporters, etc.) for follow-on use.
Theoretically, at some point, my opponent's energy has been depleted to such a degree that I can take 6 prizes well before my opponent.

Also, I'm expecting Golisopod GX to become more popular post-rotation; so, I plan to incorporate either Ho-Oh GX or Turtonator GX into my deck as a "hard" counter to that Grass Pokémon.

Lastly, I hope you find these comments helpful and if you have any further questions, please ask.

Last edited:
I added zygard for it's attack and added carbink because its really good with lycanroc gx
But, Carbink offers little/no "protection" any longer since so many players run GX Pokémon and Carbink is an easy KO for opponents. Although Carbink can provide some limited energy-attachment acceleration, it's not worth its disadvantages (IMO), especially when you can use cards like Brock's Grit, Special Charge and/or Super Rod to recover energy.

I run the following Lycantoc GX deck (post-rotation, Standard format):

Pokémon (15)
4 Lycanroc GX (Crunch)
4 Rockruff (Pr SM06)
2 Zygarde EX
3 Lycanroc (BUS 75)
2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers (33)
1 Acerola
2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells
1 Brigette
1 Brooklet Hill
2 Choice Band
3 Crushing Hammer
1 Enhance Hammer
1 Escape Rope
2 Field Blower
3 Guzma
3 N
1 Parallel City
3 Professor Sycamore
4 Puzzle of Time
1 Super Rod
1 Team Flare Grunt
3 Ultra Ball

Energy (12)
8 Fighting
4 Strong

As mentioned before, there are a few integral parts to executing my deck strategy:

• When I typically run a setup deck, I like having a solid group of "high" HP, Basic Pokémon (my "front line") can can be useful in setting up, are 1-energy attackers, and/or provide somewhat of a "wall" as I setup my main attackers (i.e., Lycanroc GX). This is especially important too since my Lycanroc GX requires at least 2 energy before it can attack. My front line Pokémon consist of Lycanroc and Zygarde EX. These 1-energy attackers are quite solid, especially Zygarde EX whose 2nd attack provides some healing too.
    • Another Pokémon I considered was Hitmonlee (instead of Lycanroc) that can attack any opponent Pokémon. However, little Lycanroc got the job since it can potentially inflict more damage for just the 1 energy.
    • Note: When SM4 is released, a new Pokémon, Buzzwole GX, will replace all of my little Lycanrocs. This new Pokémon's 1st attack will purportedly inflict 30+ (depending upon whether or not a Strong energy and/or certain Tool are attached) onto the Defending AND an opponent's benched Pokémon. This new Pokémon reminds me of Landorus EX which is one of my all-time favorites. Another "bonus" is that this new Pokémon will be Psychic-weak vs. Grass.
  • When ready, Lycanroc GX's Crunch attack will be used, along with the Hammers, to remove opponent's attached energy from strategic Pokémon. As appropriate, KOs will be take place too early to mid-game.
  • To further restrict my opponent's options, Parallel City (I run at least 1 of these in all my decks) and 4 Puzzles of Time. The Parallel City Stadium is quite versatile in that it can be used to disrupt my opponent's bench or help remove unneeded/unwanted Pokémon (e.g., wounded Pokémon) from my bench (i.e., liabilities or prizes denial). The Puzzles help recover discarded resources (e.g., Hammers, Supporters, etc.) for follow-on use.
Theoretically, at some point, my opponent's energy has been depleted to such a degree that I can take 6 prizes well before my opponent.

Also, I'm expecting Golisopod GX to become more popular post-rotation; so, I plan to incorporate either Ho-Oh GX or Turtonator GX into my deck as a "hard" counter to that Grass Pokémon.

Lastly, I hope you find these comments helpful and if you have any further questions, please ask.
This deck looks really fun, mind if I play it on one of my upcoming streams?

Back