• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lycanroc/Garchomp/Lucario Deck

masterofmew

Ɗamien
Let me know what you guys think! I tested it with Lele proxies and I went 2/1/0 (W/L/D) I wanted to get strong energies in here but I couldn't find any room. This originally was just Garchomp and Lucario but I changed it up to fit Lycanroc

Pokémon: 20
2 Rockruff GRI 73
2 Lycanroc GRI 74
4 Gible ULP 97
2 Gabite ULP 98
4 Garchomp ULP 99
2 Riolu ULP 66
2 Lucario ULP 67
2 Tapu Lele GX GRI 60

Items: 30
4 Ultra Ball
4 Puzzle Of Time
4 Rare Candy
4 Choice Band
1Field Blower
1 Pal Pad
4 Cynthia
2 N
2 Sycamore
2 Brigette
2 Guzma

Energy: 10
6 Fighting Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

Last edited:
Anyone got any thoughts on this deck?

How has it gone for you and can I ask the strategy behind also including Lycanroc GX?

Anyone got any thoughts on this deck?

How has it gone for you and can I ask the strategy behind also including Lycanroc GX?

The deck is alot of fun, though it is MUCH more consistent in Expanded than it is in Standard.
Lycanroc GX is used to be able to switch your opponent's pokemon at the right time for knockouts. Since you want to be playing Cynthia almost every turn, that means you are unable to use Guzma. The strategy is not to waste it. Unless it's in immediate danger of being knocked out by something like buzzwole, let rockruff just sit on the bench until a forced switch will get you an important knockout. Lucario let's you grab Lycanroc GX whenever you need it

You could play the BKP Gible and Brooklet Hill, since Brigette would theoretically get you 2 Gible/1 Riolu or 1 Gible/1 Riolu/1 Rockruffs. I assume the optimal start would be to end your first turn with 2 Riolu, 2 Gible and 1 Rockruffs in play. Brooklet Hill helps, grabbing all of you basics except Lele if you played the Fighting Gible.

4 choice band is also overkill in this deck. Hitting for 200, most things are going to be knocked out without it, and because you can search them when you need to, cut it to 2 and add 2 evosoda to help get lucario out as soon as possible

I have been using Vulpix with beacon, this allows me to get garchomp and lurcario our faster without discarding some cards with ultra ball. This method might go down a prize card or two but never seem have a problem to come back.

I agree with THB, it is just too good not to include. I have been thinking towards forbidden light, and the new prism star Diance gives 20 extra damage to fighting pokemon, and excluding Gardivoir, if you played the fighting type coming out in the same set, it looks like it can take a OHKO on anything.

Back