• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Luxchomp (Luxray and Garchomp) (seniors, any)

What is the best deck to run?

• Luxchomp

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Blazechomp

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Dialgachomp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vilegar

• Gyarados

• Straight Machamp

• Donkchamp

• Others (send me PM with the deck you think I should run)

• Total voters

Luxchomp_Master

Aspiring Trainer
I have already posted a Luxchomp list, but I had not very good results with it, so I will post a different one. Here is the list:

Pokémon (20):
2-2 Garchomp C L.X
2-2 Luxray GL L.X
2-1 Uxie L.X
1 Azelf
2 Crobat G
1 Bronzong G
1 Promocroak
1 Ambipom G
1 Dragonite FB
1 Lucario GL
1 Unown Q

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (28):
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
4 Poké-Turn
4 Energy Gain
4 Power Spray
2 SP Radar
3 Pokémon Collector
2 Pokémon Communication
2 Bebe's Search
2 Aaron's Collection

Energy (12):
4 DCE
3 Lightning Energy
4 Call Energy
1 Psychic Energy

Strategy:
Basic Luxchomp strategy. Luxray GL to disrupt and easy prizes, Garchomp C to snipe the bench. Uxie for drawpower, or Machamp/Vileplume counter. Azelf to see prizes and take out any important tech/card (pokémon card) for the moment. Ambipom G as a donker and Garchomp C counter. Crobat G to add damage. Dragonite FB for the mirror and Garchomp C counter. Toxicroak promo as Luxray GL/Donphan (just to poison him) counter. Lucario for GDos and Machamp. Bronzong G to swap Energys. Unown Q for Uxie L.X don't have retreat cost. That's all.

Comment please!:D

- 1 Crobat G
+ 1 Roserade GL

- 1 Energy Gain
+ 1 SP Radar

- 2 Pokemon Communication
+ 1 Junk Arm
+ 1 VS Seeker

And your list become almost perfect.
2 Bats are tooooo many, and Roserade is fantastic against pepole with Smeargle or other decks.. against VileGar it's a key-card played with Garchomp C LvX.

3 Radar are fantastic for a faster setup, and 4 Energy Gain are too many, since you don't play a lot of techs.

I don't like Pokemon Communication in SP decks, I prefer instead Junk Arm (great during the late game and with an absurd surprise-effect) and a VS Seeker, great if you want choose Aaron with Cyrus but you also need to have another Cyrus in you hand (just an example).

Hope I helped, guy!

P.S.: if you can, find space for a Twins! Playing it in 1x is a very intelligente choice.
P.P.S.: with my advice, your list became similar to my list, the one that gave me the win at a CC (seniors) :D

It already hapenned to me that 3 of my E-Gain were prized, and I lost that game. Many times I feel the necessity to have the fourth, so I won't take it. Pokémon Communication is great when I need Uxie/Uxie L.X and need to use Cyrus's Conspiracy, or in the game start it's good, and when Lost World comes out, it will take the desnecessary Pokémon from my hand. 2 Crobat G it's good, and I don't get why you need Roserade GL, because against Vilegar you just use Luxray GL L.X and Uxie L.X to 0HKO Vileplume and you almost won the game. Junk Arm isn't that good, and I already tested with VS Seeker and I prefer Pokémon Communication. By the way, with this deck, I have won 2 BR and 1 CC.

If you use pokemon communication to get Uxie X out, Change those ones to Premier Balls, Can recover lv.x from discard, and can search any lv.x.

If you have Ambipom as Donk/Garchomp C counter, you don't need Dragonite FB. And I agree with Shaymin, I'd use the Premier Balls over Communication, since you can get a LvX from the discard pile

I think Communication is better, because many times in my hand I need an Uxie (non X) and I don't have Collector, but I will try with Premier Ball. I think maybe Premier Ball it's better. Dragonite FB is for the mirror, it really helps, because if the Garchomp C has a energy you are in a bad situation, when you depend on that and it helps with other SP Pokémon.

Epá tá fixe so k e bué parecido com o do mundial ate metestes o dragonite fb mas va ta fixe temos k kombater!!!!XD

Please only use English on this Forum, poketcg.

dmaster out.

It already hapenned to me that 3 of my E-Gain were prized, and I lost that game. Many times I feel the necessity to have the fourth, so I won't take it.
Do you really think that this thing may happen another time? LOL

Pokémon Communication is great when I need Uxie/Uxie L.X and need to use Cyrus's Conspiracy, or in the game start it's good, and when Lost World comes out, it will take the desnecessary Pokémon from my hand.
Bah, just a choice.

2 Crobat G it's good
Yes, in some other decks, but in a SP deck imho it's a waste of space.

I don't get why you need Roserade GL, because against Vilegar you just use Luxray GL L.X and Uxie L.X to 0HKO Vileplume and you almost won the game.
This strategy worked some months ago, when VileGar was only a rogue. Now VileGar plays 3 Rescue Energies (so, beat Vileplume is becoming useless for an SP deck) and Twins, so your goal against him is to kill all his Gengar with Dragon Rush and Poison Bind.
However, I don't know if VileGar builds in your area are similar to ours, but here kill Vileplume is just a lost of time.

The only thing I would change would be a spray for a Radar. You just can't use SP unless you have 3 SP Radar.

I have won to many Vilegar with rescue energy, so it isn't a problem. 2 crobat G is needed, I can't donk without it. Look, I won't take out Crobat G, it's good.

I will try with 3 SP Radar, but sometimes I need the fourth Power Spray.

@Grizzly. The number of Power Spray in a LuxChomp is just a personal choice. Personally I prefer 3x with 1x Junk Arm, but a friend of mine won two CC playing 2x Power Spray without any Junk Arm.

Back