• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lurantis-GX

Riccardo

Aspiring Trainer
Hi,
i'm a new player and i would like some advice on this deck! thanks

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Tauros-GX SUM 100
* 1 Bounsweet SUM 18
* 1 Steenee SUM 19
* 1 Tsareena SUM 20
* 1 Fomantis SUM 14
* 1 Lurantis-GX SUM 150
* 2 Morelull SUM 16
* 1 Shiinotic SUM 17
* 1 Rowlet SUM 9
* 1 Dartrix SUM 10
* 1 Decidueye SUM 11 **would like to replace with -GX asap

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 1 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
* 2 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 1 Lillie SUM 122
* 3 N DEX 96
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Evosoda XY 116
* 1 Fisherman BKT 136
* 1 Town Map BKT 150
* 1 Healing Scarf ROS 84
* 1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 1 Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74
* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Weakness Policy PRC 142
* 1 Hau SUM 120
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Big Malasada SUM 114
* 1 Rotom Dex SUM 131
* 1 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 13

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FAC
* 9 Grass Energy

Strategy:
My aim is to have my 2 gx on the board as soon as possible, hopefully with some item on them or in my hand.
Oranguru for drawing card, Shiinotic for Grass pokemon and 2 timer + 2 Nest + 1 Ultra for having everything i want on board faster and town map + rotom dex for unlucky prizes!

You have way too many 1 ofs, you need to consolidate some of the cards so you can have some consistency. 1 of Pokémon especially is not recommended because if one of them is prized your line is screwed. Here is what I would change:

Pokémon:
I'd personally focus on Lurantis, after that I'd add a couple Pokémon that support it well:
3-3 Lurantis GX line

Supportive Options:
Talonflame (Steam Seige) (4 of)
Vileplume line (2 or 3 of)
Decidueye GX line (3 or 4 of)
Shaymin EX (alternatives are Octilary and Oranguru if Shaymin too expensive) (2 of regardless which you choose)
1 of Tauros GX is also fine

Trainers:
You want 4 VS Seekers and ultra balls for sure, as well as 3 stadiums, prolly being FOGP. I'd also remove Weakness Policy, Malasada,Healing Scarf and PCL cause they are rather weak cards.
4 VS Seeker (alternative: more supporters and run 2 ofs of any 1 of supporter for sure)
4 Ultra Ball (no real alternative for this)
2 Nest Ball (if not running Talonflame) (alt: Pokémon Fan Club or Brigette)
3 Trainer's Mail (Skyla or just increasing numbers of current trainers to make up for consistency)
2 Switch or Escape Rope or Float Stone
1 FFB (if you plan on running Tauros)
2 Professor's Letter (alt: run more energy)
4 Puzzle of Time (optional but I like it) (alt: increasing numbers of items for more consistency)

3 N (alt: Birch's Observations, Shauna, Lillie)
2 Sycamore (alt: same as with N)
2 Kukui (alt: Giovanni's Scheme, or running more of N, Sycamore, etc.)
1 Ninja Boy (if you plan on running Shaymin and/or Tauros) (no alt)
1 Olympia (alt: more switch / ER / FS)
2 Lysandre (alt: Pokémon Catcher is technically an alternative but it is much worse)
(Also have the option for 1 Hex Maniac or Pokémon Ranger to counter certain abilities / attacks if you find it necessary)

2 or 3 Forest of Giant Plants

Energy:
Pretty simple, I'd run about 12 energy in the deck, 2 DCEs if you want to run Tauros, but DCEs are practically useless on Lurantis so don't run them otherwise.

If you don't have the trainers then run the alternatives I listed, they are usually weaker but it will work fine unless you plan on competing in a tournament then you would want to buy the cards I listed. If you don't have enough of the Pokémon then use Pokémon you have enough of to start with, even if they are weaker. Most of the trainers will work in any deck but you may want to change the stadium and tools to better fit your Pokémon.

Last edited:
Thank you! this was my first deck at all and still trying to figure out how to correctly build it, i'll try to follow your suggestions :D

Oh 1 thing that I forgot about. Evosoda doesn't work with Forest of Giant Plants (You could technically still use Evosoda, but the wording basicallly makes it ignore FOGP if it is in play). So don't use it. Sorry for the misinformation, both cards I rarely use so I forgot the specifics of the wording. You probably don't need Rare Candies either. I updated my original post accordingly.

Last edited:
Back