• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lunala GX / Toxapex GX

Air0z

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone, this is my Lunala GX / Toxapex GX Deck that I'll be bring to a League Cup this weekend (Saturday) and I just need some feedback.

Thanks!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Rayquaza GRI 106
* 2 Cosmog SUM 64
* 2 Lunala-GX SUM 66
* 3 Mareanie SUM 62
* 3 Toxapex-GX GRI 57
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 N FAC 105
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Lillie SUM 122
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 1 Wally GEN 127
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells BUS 113
* 2 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Crushing Hammer SUM 115
* 1 Energy Loto GRI 122
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Altar of the Moone GRI 117

##Energy - 12

* 10 Psychic Energy
* 2 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Last edited:

Akiro

Aspiring Trainer
First i don't think you should play both lillie and brigette at the same since both cards are usually wanted to be played first turn. I would remove the lillie and one brigette. Brigette is a one time thing. Even if you prize it in a best of 3 situation like a league cup it is less likely to be prized all 3 games. I would remove the bodybulding dumbbell because you don't want your opponent to KO your pokemon on their turn if they field blower allowing them to essentially attack two of your pokemon on the same turn. If you're worry about your pokemon staying alive you should play max potion. Remove your energy from the damaged pokemon with lunala's psychic transfer ability, use your max potion and then reattach your energy. You should also play choice band even if your main attack act in poison damage, it put lunala attack to 150 and 170 with kukui, allowing you to KO tapu lele. It also help your toxapex with is GX attack get you from 150 to 180. Allowing you to get good number of KO. Take vika/bulu deck as in exemple hitting 180 is a good number to hit

Air0z

Aspiring Trainer
First i don't think you should play both lillie and brigette at the same since both cards are usually wanted to be played first turn. I would remove the lillie and one brigette. Brigette is a one time thing. Even if you prize it in a best of 3 situation like a league cup it is less likely to be prized all 3 games. I would remove the bodybulding dumbbell because you don't want your opponent to KO your pokemon on their turn if they field blower allowing them to essentially attack two of your pokemon on the same turn. If you're worry about your pokemon staying alive you should play max potion. Remove your energy from the damaged pokemon with lunala's psychic transfer ability, use your max potion and then reattach your energy. You should also play choice band even if your main attack act in poison damage, it put lunala attack to 150 and 170 with kukui, allowing you to KO tapu lele. It also help your toxapex with is GX attack get you from 150 to 180. Allowing you to get good number of KO. Take vika/bulu deck as in exemple hitting 180 is a good number to hit

So I should do the following:
-1 Lillie
-1 Brigette
-2 Bodybuilding Dumbells
+2 Choice Band
+2 Max Potion

I think I like those changes

KabuTopgun

Revived Ninja.
Hmm, the changes you might make really depend on what you're trying to achieve....
Is the point of this deck to run Toxapex GX and Lunala GX specifically? I just don't see them as being synergistic beyond the fact that Lunala GX supports any Psychic Pokemon.
I'd see Necrozma GX(Prismatic Burst can hit with precision and it's just generally a good tech) followed by Mewtwo EX(again, you can scale the damage output) as the best Pokemon to run alongside Lunala GX, personally.

If Toxapex GX is your starting point, however, I'd recommend trying it with Raichu from Burning Shadows; 200 poison damage can kill most things assuming they don't have a switch mechanic available that turn.

Anyway, I'd encourage you to think about exactly what sort of deck you would like to play.

Last edited: