Lugia EX Deck

That combo works decently well after Plasma Freeze comes out. Sure, you aren't going to hit it every time, but it's devastating if you do. As of now though, I simply don't think Lugia EX has the support required for it to be useful it all. There aren't really a lot of good Plasma attackers to use it with and it doesn't really work as its own deck.

Blah said:
That combo works decently well after Plasma Freeze comes out. Sure, you aren't going to hit it every time, but it's devastating if you do. As of now though, I simply don't think Lugia EX has the support required for it to be useful it all. There aren't really a lot of good Plasma attackers to use it with and it doesn't really work as its own deck.

I agree that Lugia is not strong enough to stand on it's own but I can definitely see it being a tech eventually, it's got a lot of potential to pull off surprise KO's.

Also, just to reply to the other post, if you have Darkrai and Tornadus you should be ahead in the prize count most of the time - if you're not then you are doing something wrong. I could easily see taking out one ex with darkrai/tornadus and a single which would leave you with 3 prizes.

Dark patch once, dce, skyla for colress - KO for 3 prizes for the win around turn 3-4. Lugia decks are not made for grinding, they are supposed to finish the game quick. The scramble switch idea is much more practical for a genesect/ho-oh/landorus/mewtwo/lugia deck (obviously not all those together, just those as the core)

I agree with Baby_BI that it is not a smart decision to use darkrai/tornadus with scramble switch, I'd opt for CS as your ace spec. (I was completely out of it when I posted that last night, I explained it terribly since I was thinking of ho-oh)
Lugia could work great with scramble switch + mewtwo + hooh + genesect. (much later though)

I fought an interesting deck that ran Landorus mewtwo tornadus and lugia as a finisher. Lots of energy switches and coldress machines. Also virbank city gym and htl.

Unfortunately I was running a plasma Klinklang deck and he had no non ex attackers.

But the concept seemed interesting

ironferret said:
I fought an interesting deck that ran Landorus mewtwo tornadus and lugia as a finisher. Lots of energy switches and coldress machines. Also virbank city gym and htl.

Unfortunately I was running a plasma Klinklang deck and he had no non ex attackers.

But the concept seemed interesting

Yeah, I think with ho-oh/lugia/landorus/mewtwo I'd use Benchtini to help with that. PlasmaKlang is going to be one annoying deck for ex heavy decks, especially if they set up and have two Klangs out and max potions.

Lately I've been trying to figure out how to build a deck using Lugia EX and Landorus EX, and it's haaard... wah.
But it seems like a cool concept.

Back