Lugia EX after Plasma Freeze

ahg3117

Aspiring Trainer
Do you guys think Lugia's price will skyrocket after plasma freeze comes out? It seems like Thundurus Deoxys Lugia will be huge.
Also, apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Yep I hope, I have three that are full art. I am going to make a lugia/deoxy/mewtwo/thundurus ex deck

I don't really see what all the hype is? Lugia still can't OHKO any major EXes in the format, Deoxys is a worse, harder to set up Mewtwo that is better as a benchsitter, and Thundurus is bad energy acceleration and low damage. Am I missing something?

"Outclasses mewtwo." The earliest Deoxys can HOPE to set up is T2, whereas Mewtwo can set up in a single turn.

Aside from forgetting the energy cost of Deoxys's attack, I'm losing my mind this morning.

Not sure why I thought it required 2 Psychic and a colorless. Nonetheless, what are the chances of getting everything you need in your starting hand and doing any more than 30 damage T1?

Deoxys-EX – Psychic – HP170
Basic Pokemon (Team Plasma)

Ability: Power Connect
All of your Team Plasma Pokemon (excluding Deoxys-EX) do 10 more damage to Defending Pokemon.

[P][C] Spiral Force: 30+ damage. If this Pokemon has a Plasma Energy attached to it, this attack does 30 more damage for each Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Thank you for that, even though I just looked it up. Like I said though, not really much of a chance of doing more than 30 T1. And Deoxys' ability does not affect Deoxys, so that doesn't help him at all.

Well what you try to do is start thundurus T1 ultra ball away special energies and start accelerating. Once you get set up with it you can use kyurem to half snipe and then bring up Lugia for a big KO

PellOfTheTundra said:
Thank you for that, even though I just looked it up. Like I said though, not really much of a chance of doing more than 30 T1. And Deoxys' ability does not affect Deoxys, so that doesn't help him at all.

Deoxys can OHKO Mewtwo if it has 2 energy attached to it. Mewtwo needs 3 energy to OHKO Deoxys if Deoxys has 2 energies attached to it. Deoxys is really good against Mewtwo. So sad it can't power its own attack but its still great. Mewtwo can only revenge on Deoxys with DCE and energy switch.

Or attach a basic, take 120, attach DCE...

ahg3117 said:
Well what you try to do is start thundurus T1 ultra ball away special energies and start accelerating. Once you get set up with it you can use kyurem to half snipe and then bring up Lugia for a big KO
What is the point of tossing multiple special energy into the discard? Thundurus gets KO'd, those are in the discard for a while. However amazing it is to get back Plasma during an attack, one energy a turn as an attack is lame.

And as I said, it seems slow to set up, having EXTREMELY limited energy acceleration.

Back