News 'Lucario-GX Box' in February!

Why is everyone thinking that this card is bad? I mean look at when gardevoir gx's typing was released, almost everyone thought it was bad and that mega mewtwo was better. What happened? Oh nothing, it just won Worlds.

How is it not immediately obvious how good this card is?

1) Kills Zoroark GX, the most common pokemon in the game right now outside of Lele, for one energy.
2) Kills Lele GX, the most common pokemon in the game, with a special energy and a choice band.
3) Can easily be paired with Lycanroc GX (letting you swap in a zoroark or lele) by typing and by devolution spray/ Acerola.
4) Threatens a second KO on anything after you kill Lele or Zoroark with its GX attack, which means 2HKOing it is never safe.

This card is competitively viable, easily. How can people not see that?

How is it not immediately obvious how good this card is?

1) Kills Zoroark GX, the most common pokemon in the game right now outside of Lele, for one energy.
2) Kills Lele GX, the most common pokemon in the game, with a special energy and a choice band.
3) Can easily be paired with Lycanroc GX (letting you swap in a zoroark or lele) by typing and by devolution spray/ Acerola.
4) Threatens a second KO on anything after you kill Lele or Zoroark with its GX attack, which means 2HKOing it is never safe.

This card is competitively viable, easily. How can people not see that?
Other cards do the same thing but better

I think people are underestimating this card. I mean, the first attack, can one-hit Tapu Lele-GX without too many resources, and the GX attack can make opponents very hesitant about attacking it. The 3rd move is also quite stackable, with all the fighting support we have. Brooklet Hill also makes it quite easy to get out and set up everything.

Never undersell a card that just came out!
Hold it.
She’s right.
Can shoot down fighting weak Pokémon easily, takes some potential with Strong Energy.
Base, 130.
Choice Band, 160.
Strong Energy, Choice Band, 180.
Hmm. Let’s throw in some more...
Strong Energy x2, Choice Band, 200.
Strong Energy x2, Choice Band, Regirock EX, 210.
And then the almost max:
Strong Energy x3, Choice Band, Regirock EX, 230.
Thanks for pointing this out!

i am so sad people are being so mean lucario is trying his best and i think this card is very great

The first attack can one-shot Zoroark-GX and Tapu Lele-GX for one (Strong) Energy and can be easily activated with Acerola and/or by simply not evolving your Riolus until you need to. The GX attack is great in a two-shot format. It pairs well with either Garbodor or Lycanroc-GX/Zoroark-GX.

All in all, a few months from now, we'll be complaining about how ridiculously broken Lucario-GX is and how it definitely needs to be banned. I give it 8.5 Farfetch'd's.
so true though

Back