1. Do not post in a ruling thread unless you’re a certified P!P Professor and have a PokeBeach Rulings Staff badge. Even if you know the answer or are providing card scans for another member. If you post without the badge, your post will be removed and you may receive a warning. If you would like to be approved to answer ruling questions on PokeBeach, you must prove you're a Professor by applying for a Rulings Staff badge here.

Do not ask a question in a thread that somebody else made, even if it's a follow up question to an answer a Professor gave. For any and all questions, please make a new thread with your question.

When posting a “Ruling” thread, you must include scans of all cards you are asking about. You can search for cards in the navbar above.

Lost Zone

Discussion in 'Ask a Professor: Card Rulings' started by TheB, Apr 9, 2009.

1. TheB 1337 Forum member?!

Can anyone help me, I saw on some cards there is some "lost zone". Please explain something about it to me because in Croatia where i live there are no sets with lost zone (there are only DP,DP Misterius Treasures, Secret wonders and Great encounters maybe even Legends awakened)... I know it'll seem like I'm some idiot but I can't find it anywhere, thanks.

2. Futa Aspiring Trainer

The Lost Zone was a new concept in the game introduced during the release of Platinum in America (it was really in Japan during DPt1.) The Lost Zone is where Pokemon/energy/cards go where they can't be recovered. The Pokemon will only go to the Lost Zone if a specific attack/Poke Power/whatever tells the certain Pokemon to go to the Lost Zone. Energy and other cards are included as well.
  3. dmaster Aspiring Trainer

Elite Member Advanced Member Member

Right from a Theme Deck manual: "Cards in the Lost Zone (which is anywhere out of play next to your Prize cards) are put face-up, but unlike cards that are simply discarded, are unplayable during a match." I.e. You can't use NM/TSD/Pokemon Rescue on it. It's like Yu-Gi-Oh if you've every played that game. Only some cards in Platinum have this as an effect, and even then, Unown G prevents that effect.

dmaster out.
  4. Emerald. Got room for a Tiny?

If you ever played Yugioh "Lost Zone" is saying "Out of play" so basically- it cant be brought back from a discard pile or by any cards, because, as far as I am aware at present no cards said "bring back from the lost zone"
  5. TheB 1337 Forum member?!

Ah yes, thank you all guys. I understand now :D

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?