'Lost Thunder' Launch Kits to Ditch Promos, Include Bracelets

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
The ratio of boosters to theme decks is pretty alarming... I wonder if theme deck sales have been up lately (warranting doubling the ratio) or if it's just a total cash grab.

Lord Charizard

Aspiring Trainer
The fact that they are cheap slap bracelets is even more lame, back to retail for my non-booster box product for me.

Lord Charizard

Aspiring Trainer
Wait, since when did they come with promos in the first place? I never got one :c

It is possible they were out, you didn’t meet arbitrary restrictions, the store just kept them, etc. I’ve seen all of these in various stores, our previous store, for example, gave you one of each promo when you bought a theme deck from that set, but only the decks, you could buy every single booster in the display and would get no promo.

Animegamer420

Aspiring Trainer
At first glance I thought they meant the pre-release kits won't get a promo in them anymore. I was like damn they're really making these kid friendly/targeted. Making them Build & battle kits instead of exclusive pre-release kits and then taking out the promo to include a toy! but! I was just a bad reader

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
honestly, never seen a launch kit with the promos. then again, most hobby stores dont carry much other than boosters and decks anyway. I pick up a booster box and ETB from my hobby shop, and anything with promos from walmart etc. but lately they havent wanted to carry the checklane blisters and 3 packs anymore.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Cant ever remember a promo with these wpm? But not a great retail set! Whoever thought pushing out LESS product with the launch kits is a lunatic - i know a few stores locally to me only stock with a launch kit!

But still want a snap band :rolleyes:

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Ahh well, I didn't even know there were promos up until now, but still, what are you thinking cutting the booster packs?!?! Most people I know by one maybe two theme decks when they start and never again. Is that just my group or are they anticipating a huge boon in new players?

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
SLAP BRACELETS!
WAAAAAHOOOOOO!
(I don’t care, I never knew these things existed in the first place.)

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Well, bracelets aren't too bad for a replacement. Especially if they have poke ball designs on them. I usually get Blister Packs anyway. The coins in some of them