• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lost Pollen (Jumpluff / Natu / Trumbeak)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
LOST POLLEN

189-Jumpluff.png

Pokémon (22):
  • 2 Marshadow SM3+ (disable)
  • 4 Jumpluff SM8 (beatdown)
  • 4 Skiploom SM8 (discard)
  • 4 Hoppip SM8 (evolution)
  • 3 Natu SM8 (beatdown)
  • 1 Oranguru SM1 (draw)
  • 4 Trumbeak (discard)
Trainer (29):
  • 2 Prof Elm's Lecture (search)
  • 2 Guzma (control)
  • 4 Cynthia (draw)
  • 4 Lillie (draw)
  • 2 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 2 Lost Mixer (discard)
  • 3 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 3 Nest Ball (search)
  • 4 Net Ball (search)
  • 3 Lysandre's Lab (disable)
Energy (09):
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 5 Grass Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with either Natu or Hoppip and make sure to have three Hoppip on the board on the first turn. Use Prof. Elm's Training on the second turn to search for three Skiploom to evolve Hoppip. Evolve into Skiploom and use Flower Bridge and search for Jumpluff. This will place six Pokémon in the Lost Zone. Put Trumbeak in the Lost Zone to increase the damage output. Once nine Pokémon are in the Lost Zone Jumpluff and Natu can knock out the defender in one hit with Lost March.

Last edited:

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
Why have you started this topic again? Was it because of the other guy in the original thread, who kept on posting and arguing that his way was better, and your way isn't or something along those lines, and you want the thread to remain fresh and healthy. Straight and to the point. (Or just to tidy it up)

EDIT: I thought I should repost these 2 videos again about how the deck works. For those who have not seen these videos. Please note that it is entirely in japanese. I do not speak japanese, but all the cards have translations on the main Pokebeach article for SM8:
http://www.pokebeach.com/2018/08/all-sm8-explosive-impact-cards-revealed

The Battle video (VS Sceptile GX)

The decklist used in the above video

Last edited:

Nav

Confused
Hey, cool list!

Just wondering, but why only two Lost Mixer? If I were to suggest something, it would be to add another. Maybe you could drop a Lillie for it?

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Nav,

Thanks for the review. The main reason for no more than two Lost Mixer is that those are mainly used to discard parts of the Skiploom line that have been prized. Other than that there is not much that I would like to discard to the Lost Zone with Lost Mixer other than excess Prof. Elm's Lecture. The other reason to limit Lost Mixer to two was space constraints. The deck needs a least eight draw supporters since it tends to burn down its hand replacing attackers fast.

Nav

Confused
Hi Nav,

Thanks for the review. The main reason for no more than two Lost Mixer is that those are mainly used to discard parts of the Skiploom line that have been prized. Other than that there is not much that I would like to discard to the Lost Zone with Lost Mixer other than excess Prof. Elm's Lecture. The other reason to limit Lost Mixer to two was space constraints. The deck needs a least eight draw supporters since it tends to burn down its hand replacing attackers fast.

That's fair enough.

Ecko9i6

Aspiring Trainer
Lost Pollen? I think the general consensus on the name for this deck is going to be Lost March.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi folks,

Updated the deck after a few more matches with the actual cards. Nine search items turned out to suffice. Still on the fence on whether to switch one Prof. Elm's Lecture for a third Guzma.