• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Lost in the World of Gengar

Dezuray

Deal with it.
With the help of friends and some time spent fixing it, I worked on my decklist and this is the result.

(21)
3-2-3-1 Gengar Prime
2 Absol Prime
1 Mew Prime
3 Spiritomb
2 Unown Q
1 Ditto
1 Azelf
2-1 Uxie LvX

(25)
3 Bebe's Search
2 Lost World
3 Pokemon Communication
4 Seeker
2 Twins
1 Looker's Investigation
3 Rare Candy
2 Super Scoop Up
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
1 Luxury Ball
1 Premier Ball

(13)
7 Psychic
3 Special Dark
3 Rescue Energy

The main strategy is to get Gengar set up, lock their bench with ditto, thus keeping Pokemon in their hands, and pushing the most I can into their Lost Zone. Mew and Absol are to fight mirror matches, and for Absol's pretty great damage. Drop a Gengar in the Lost Zone, throw Mew up and I can continue putting their hand into the lost zone. Drop Lost World and call game. Absol can be good backup damage. Dropping a seeker and then using ditto forces my opponent to keep that card in hand, thus allowing me to put more into the Lost Zone. Gengar X is to hurt Dialga X's chances of locking and for some more damage when spreading.

PUNNY TITLE :D.

Great list. It looks fine except:

-1 psychic
+ 1 dark

Or add in energy exchangers. It will help you out when your energy locked

I was thinking maybe I should use Special Dark energy instead of regular dark and bump it up to 3 after I remove (1) Judge. What do you think?
Not a fan of Energy Exchanger.

Absol prime is worthless in this deck. It doesn't help you in a mirror match because you're going for a lost zone win, and knocking out one of their gengars by putting something in the lost zone does nothing but help them. If you want help in a mirror match, use Absol G.

Really? If I mirror matched Gengar I could put ONE gengar in the lost zone, knock out their gengar, and then have a set up mew who can perform gengars duties immediately.

Wow I never thought of using a Ditto tech in this deck, thanks for the idea, I might try that out in mine.

Also, Looker's Investigation is a much better card to use in this deck than Judge. It puts another card in their hand for extra lost-zoning possibilities. It would also not force you to put the Garchomp Lv. X that they just drew but couldn't play yet into their deck again if you don't want to, it's also a refresher for your hand if need be. It might be a good idea to run Mr. Mime to get a look at their new hand and judge whether it's worth it for a lost zoning.

- 2 Judge
+ 2 Looker's Investigation.

Mr. Mime at your discretion.

No problem. I'm a big fan of ditto right now, so it just seemed fitting.

I was thinking Mime Jr > Mr Mime, what mr mime are you considering?

Looker's is a great idea

The one from CL. Both players reveal their hands. It's a shame that your opponent gets to see what you're playing with but you come out on top in those situations for sure.

I think I'd rather just use a lookers to do that, Mr Mime would take up bench space that could go to uxie or the like

I updated the deck with what seems to be working so far, do you think I need more drawpower

Back