• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Lightning Rod (Tapu Koko GX / Jolteon Ex )

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
LIGHTNING ROD

Pokémon (10):

• 3 Tapu Koko GX (beatdown)
  • 1 Tapu Lele GX (beatdown)
  • 2 Jolteon Ex (beatdown)
  • 2 Raikou (beatdown)
  • 2 Shaymin Ex (draw)
Trainer (38):
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 2 Professor Kukui (draw)
  • 1 Lysandre (control)
  • 1 Acerola (rescue)
  • 1 Hala (draw)
  • 2 N (draw)
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt (beatdown)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 1 Choice Band (beatdown)
  • 3 Trainer's Mail (search)
  • 4 Max Elixir (accelerate)
  • 2 Field Blower (discard)
  • 1 Escape Rope (switch)
  • 1 Super Rod (retrieval)
  • 4 Vs Seeker (retrieval)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 3 Parallel City (discard)
Energy (12):
  • 12 Lightning Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with either Jolteon Ex, or Raikou. Bench another Basic Pokémon and use Max Elixir to accelerate to the bench. Next turn Aero Trail and attack with Sky Claw. You can also use Choice band on Tapu Koko GX to ohko basic attackers with Professor Kukui. Switch between attackers and discard nearly knocked out attackers with Parallel City or rescue them with Acerola. Tapu Lele GX is a decent secondary attacker and also ensures access to certain supporters. Rescue Stretcher and Super Rod can be used to retrieve discarded attackers and energies when needed.

SPOILER:

Tapu Koko GX
Basic Lignting Pokémon
HP 170
Ability: Aero Trail
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you play this card from your hand onto your Bench, you may move any number of [L] Energy attached to your Pokemon to this Pokemon. If you move any Energy, switch this Pokemon with your Active Pokemon.
[L][L][C] Sky Claw: 130
[L][L][C] Tapu Thunder GX: 50x
Does 50 damage times the number of Energy attached to all of your opponent’s Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack per game.)
Retreat Cost: CC
Weakness: none
Resistance: none

Tapu Lele GX
Basic Psychic Pokémon
HP 170
Ability: Wonder Touch
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you play this card from your hand onto your Bench, you may search your deck for a Supporter card, reveal it, and put it in your hand. Then shuffle your deck.
[C][C] Energy Drive: 20x
Does 20 damage times the number of energy attached to both active Pokemon. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance.
[P] Kapu Cure GX:
Restore all HP to 2 of your benched Pokemon.
Retreat Cost: C
Weakness: none
Resistance: none

Hala
Trainer - Supporter
Shuffle your hand into your deck and then draw 4 cards. If you’ve already used a GX attack this game, draw 7 cards instead.

Acerola
Trainer - Supporter
Choose 1 of your Pokemon with damage counters on it. Return that Pokemon and all cards attached to it to your hand.

Choice Band
Trainer - Pokémon Tool
The Pokemon this card is attached to does 30 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon-EX or Active Pokemon-GX.

Field Blower
Trainer - Item
Choose up to 2 in any combination of Pokemon Tool cards and Stadium cards in play (both yours and your opponent’s) and discard them.

Rescue Stretcher
Trainer - Item
Choose 1 Pokemon from your discard pile and put it into your hand or choose 3 Pokemon and shuffle them into your deck.

Last edited:
Hi folks,

No comments on the deck idea? Would be interested in some hints on how to improve the deck. Thanks for the assistance in advance.

I really like this idea but I think if I were to make this deck I would encounter it in another way. I would trie to make this a tank deck that keeps hitting safe numbers and max potions of the damaged pokemon that just attacked. I would therefore take out and include a few cards:
- 2 raikou. It takes to much to set up for it to hit only numbers like 110 and 130.
- 1 jolteon ex. I feel 1 is enough but I am fine with having 2 aswell.
- 1 shaymin maybe add second tapu-lele but this is up to you. Additional attackers are always good and it has a really solid ability that lets you use some sneaky strategies. And if the amount of decidueye keeps the same after the new set will most likely the amount of wobb still be there aswell. This gives you both a way to find the lysandre to get the wobb away and it gives you consistent draw support even under wobb lock.
- 1 kukui. 1 is enough
- 1 hala. I don't feel you use your gx move so early that it is necessary
- 1 rescue stretcher. I don't feel it is necessary when you have a super rod, which is better fit for this deck anyways.
- 1 field blower. This should be changed if you expect garb
- 3 parallel city. The strategy where you discard the pokemon with parallel is dependent on the opponent placing down a counter stadium and is therefore difficult to manage and is easily countered.
- 1 electric energy. I feel 11 is enough but you can change it back if you don't feel your max elixirs are living up to your hopes
And now the additions:
+ 3 max potions. This lets you heal a pokemon you just moved to the bench after using the ability of tapu-koko gx. Then you can start powering it up again with max elixirs and manual attachments
+ 1 Lillie. Tapu-lele lets you find this turn one and it gives you a big head start to make all the pieces get together in the deck.
+ 1 acerola. This is the core of the deck. It lets you reuse the ability of tapu-koko as well as healing your pokemon and getting your FFB or choice band back so that it can be attached to your main pokemon
+ 1 baby tapu-koko. This lets you spread some soft damage around, is a 1 price attacked and has free retreat. It is pretty good in my opinion.
+ 4 aether paradise conservation area. This stadium keeps you alive. It lets your tapu-koko have effective 250 hp (with FFB) so that you can jump in with another attacker and heal the last one.
+ 1 tapu-koko gx. You need 4 so that you can use the ability as much as possible.

Hope this helps :)))))

Back