Lanturn Prime Deck?

Ragewolfsp

Aspiring Trainer
Im looking to make a new deck. Iv'e been playing for around 2 months and so far im using a Reshiram deck which is not working out for me.

Can anybody throw in suggestions on what cards should be use in this deck(Lanturn prime){L}{W}

EDIT: Please read the Player's Sandbox rules before posting. I added the link. ~EspeonROX.

Lanturn Prime from HS-Unleashed.

Ragewolfsp said:
Im looking to make a new deck. Iv'e been playing for around 2 months and so far im using a Reshiram deck which is not working out for me.

Can anybody throw in suggestions on what cards should be use in this deck(Lanturn prime){L}{W}

You can always play either Lanturn with Gator prime or I would play lanturn with ability embor. A list would look something like this.

2-2-2 Emobr
3-3 Lanturn prime
4 stanler or Cleffa
2-2 ninetales

Embor is for the energy exceleration to power up lanturns move, Lanturn is you attacker, stanler or cleffa is a starter for you, just depends on which one you like, and then ninetales is for draw power. I played Lanturn and Gator prime a while ago and its a beast one you get set up, its just getting set up lol

Redsteal said:
Ragewolfsp said:

You can always play either Lanturn with Gator prime or I would play lanturn with ability embor. A list would look something like this.

2-2-2 Emobr
3-3 Lanturn prime
4 stanler or Cleffa
2-2 ninetales

Embor is for the energy exceleration to power up lanturns move, Lanturn is you attacker, stanler or cleffa is a starter for you, just depends on which one you like, and then ninetales is for draw power. I played Lanturn and Gator prime a while ago and its a beast one you get set up, its just getting set up lol
Lol i keep that in mind. But im a little reluctant to use emboar ability since it will take slots in my deck just to drop 2 fire energy on Lanturn i would think double Colorless would do the Job more efficient but it would be a sacrifice of hitting that 1 extra Damage counter then again with emboar i could drop 5 energy fires on 1 poke on the bench.....Hm i like it but don't like the setting up part i like pokemon that are stage 1 or basic since it's not a pain to set up. But gator prime ill keep in mind since ill need to counter fighting.
:headbang

Since you are looking for a deck idea involving Lanturn Prime, this thread belongs in the Player's Sandbox forum. So, please do not forget to include a card scan of Lanturn Prime into the first post.

*Moved*

I'd go with Gatr, because he can dump lots of water energy on Lanturn, and Gatr sorta helps against Donphan. DCE is good too.

lanturn itself OHKO's a donphan. If you're going for energy acceleration, go with emboar. Instead of ninetales, use promo shuckle for draw power. Then either seeker, ssu, or unown return to reuse shuckle's draw power with emboar's ability. Gatr prime works too, but emboar attaches to all pokemon, so you don't have to use underwater dive to drop extra energy onto lanturn. Then, when your lanturns are gone, use either RDL or ERL as a game closer. Or rayquaza CoL if you don't have one of those legends.

you get ALOT more options using emboar cuz then you have 3 types for attacking since lanturn can change its type.

carlitosbob said:
lanturn itself OHKO's a donphan.

Donphan, unfortunately, also KO's Lanturn back. If you are against a Donphan deck using Lanturn, you need to have a tech for Donphan.

^ Not to mention by the time you get a Lanturn Prime set up, a good Donphan will already have 2 to 3 Donphans out. If I were to play Lanturn it would look something like this.

4-4 Lanturn Prime
3 Pachirishu CoL
2 Shaymin UL
Some sort of Donphan counter, first things that came to my mind are Octillery UL, and Golduck TM, IDK I would probably use a 2-2 of one of those.

Pokemon: 17

4 Pokeball
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon Communicaton
4 PONT
3 Judge (quick disruption, because this might work slowly)
2 Interviewer's Question/Some sort of clever energy search engine.

T/S/S: 21

4 DCE
8 Lightning Energy
3 Water Energy
Energy: 15

There is a skeleton, it is 53 cards, I honestly don't see why people would want to pair Lanturn with some clunky stage 2 line like Feraligatr or Emboar, when they could just use the Zekrom engine, something that can be got with one Collector. This deck does have problems with Donphan, it would be worth your time to toy with various counters, Octillery and Golduck were the first things that came to my mind, IDK why. Some techs that you could also consider putting in could be Super Scoop Up, Pokemon Reversal, Plus Power, Energy Exchanger, Dual Ball and Defender (most things in this deck have low HP). It might also be worth a shot to test the suicide Cleffa lead thing, play 4 Cleffa and some Twins, but personally I wouldn't recommend it because I think this deck could have a potential to out speed other things in our current format. Hope this helps you out!

Vulpix Yolk said:
All of your advices are really helpful.

I like the engine you suggested i agree emboar takes to long and to much to put in the deck.

I was thinking of also putting reshiram in their.

But thank you for the huge help, i really need it. Getting my butt kick one to many times.

I don't like using over use decks shows no skill.
Just copying decks aren't fun.

Back