Landorus and Machamp Prime

^None of those Pokémon are used. At all. The best cards in the TCG rarely reflect the best cards in the VG/movies, and when they do it's mostly by chance.
Magnevire said:
To use another example, a deck like Magneboar, with built in draw, energy acceleration, and a higher damage count, is considered to no longer be a serious part of the competitive picture at this time (although you'll probably still run into a small smattering of them). The big reason for that is how difficult it was to get everything online and Emboar's vulnerability to Catcher.
I think the main reason Magneboar stopped seeing play is because Eelzone is simply a better version of it. You get Thunderus, who fits the deck much better than Reshiram fits Magneboar, and you also get Zekrom to literally replace Reshiram's role. Furthermore, Eel is faster to get out and you don't have to worry about split energy.

It was also very competitive all the way through Regionals. It was just very under-represented. It managed to get a Seniors win, and I believe a 2nd in masters along with two top 8's, but I'm too lazy to check the thread.

But yes, your point that Magneboar is slow is very valid, and is only further proven by Eelektrik replacing Emboar. Emboar is obviously better, but because Eel is faster, it's much more widely used.

Back