Finished Kingdoms V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
DG3kIFV.png

Credit to BigfootAUS.

Welcome to Kingdoms! A game played via simulator ([link]), where you'll have to build your Pokémon army to conquer other kingdoms. Every kingdom begins with eight Pokémon of one type, eventually building their army with more powerful and different typed Pokémon.​

• To join, please post a reply stating you wish to do so and your primary Pokémon type. The types are not restricted; multiple members can sign up with the same primary type.
  • After signing up, at any time before the game begins, you must PM me (Keeper of Night) a list of 8 Pokémon of your chosen type using the format below. Any players who have not sent in a list by game start will be removed from the game. Warning PMs shall be sent to players that have not submitted when the deadline approaches, but there shall be no extension unless the host deems it necessary.
  • At any time before the game begins, you may change your type (in-thread), so long as you haven't already sent in your list of Pokémon.
Phases and Gameplay

The game will consist of three phases, Day, Night, and Event. Day phases are when wars take place, all matches must be completed in a timely manner. Trade between kingdoms may only happen at night, as will many private events. Players must PM me during Night phases whether they are doing anything that night or not, to ensure their activity. Players that fail to do this will receive a warning.
New: Different from all previous Kingdoms games, an Event phase will always follow the Night phase. Details for the Event shall be posted at the start of each Night phase, to allow people time to decide on their participation.
  • Day phases last five days, or until all matches are completed.
  • Night phases last two days, or until each player has sent their activity PM.
  • Events last until it's selected phase is over. Event phases last until they are completed or I deem them completed.
  • During day phases you may:
    • Challenge other Kingdoms to battle (you may only challenge the same Kingdom once each Day phase, unless specific rules state otherwise).
    • Each battle must follow the rules and regulations set by the Day update. Day rules always take precedence over standard rules.
    • Challenge another kingdom by posting in bold: I, >name<, declare war upon >kingdom<. Hashtags are silly and shall not be used in this game.
    • Accept or rebuke challenges from other kingdoms. Denying challenges comes at the loss of 2 areas of land (-2 score).
  • During night phases you may:
    • Trade Pokémon or items in public (in-thread) or private (private message). Items and Pokémon can be traded or sold. New: Pokemon may only be traded one-for-one, to prevent teaming players from having major advantages over other players. Make sure to inform me when trading in private, to prevent confusion later.
    • Buy your items at the market. Sell prices vary depending on the night.
    • Adopt Pokemon from the adoption shelter, for a fee.
    • Decide whether or not you will be participating in the upcoming Event phase.
  • During Event phases you may:
    • ...Participate in the Event, I guess? Oh, wait:
    • Carefully not die.
Pokémon Lists & Set Up

• Use the following format to send in your original 8 Pokémon.

Code:
    [b]Username:[/b]

[b]Type:[/b]

[b]Kingdom Name:[/b]

[b]Pokémon:[/b]

Pokémon Name / Nature / Ability - Rank 0

• All Pokemon chosen must have a BST of 400 or less.
  • Smeargle may be chosen, but cannot Sketch to learn new moves. Instead he will always have access to any TM and tutor moves you have available to you.
  • Nincada, Eevee, and Speed Boost Torchic may not be chosen as starters.
  • Legal DW Clause is NOT in effect. Pokémon can any of their available abilities.
  • Pokémon that have your primary type in any of their evolutionary stages or forms may be chosen. This includes Mega Pokémon as well. (i.e. Swablu may be chosen for Flying, Normal, Dragon, or Fairy.) (The ability Protean does not count as a type in their line or a form change, and as such, does not apply.)
  • Take note that natures and abilities are not changeable through normal circumstances. I will keep a record of all Pokémon to ensure they don't change without permission.
  • Abilities and moves that increase evasion are allowed.
  • Moves, EVs, and IVs are interchangeable at any time, and do not require permission. Only restriction here being that all moves must be chosen out of each Pokémon’s Level-Up and Egg moves, unless you have access to a TM or tutor move.
  • TMs, HMs, and tutor moves are not allowed until there are tutors moves available and when TMs are for sale. After gaining access to the Tutor, TM, or HM move, it is from then on able to be used on any of your eligible Pokémon.
  • OHKO moves may not ever be present on any Pokémon.
  • TMs and Move Tutor moves do NOT carry over if traded. The current trainer must have access to the move in order to have his Pokémon learn it.
  • Gender does not matter. Like in Pokemon Conquest, the Pokémon can evolve into any gender-specific form as long as it fills the other requirements.
  • All Pokémon must be chosen in their most basic forms, baby forms included. Pokémon can evolve by increasing their Rank (details below).
  • All Pokémon are set to level 100 for battles, and as such do not have any restrictions on Level-Up moves.
Player and Pokémon Stats
  • Each player starts with their chosen Pokémon, a kingdom divided in fifths, and 1000 gold coins in their treasury. More coins may be earned through Events, or selling Pokémon and Items to other players. Note that tutors and TMs require gold coins to obtain, at times through auction. Some Events also require an entrance fee, with greater prizes if they do.
  • You do not start with any items that Pokémon can hold. So for the first Day at least, all battles will be conducted item-less.
  • When you lose land to another player, it is not added to theirs (we'd have an endless game when we hit 2-4 players). It is simply removed from the game. As such, the "land" is treated more like health points. Lose all 5, and you're out. More points may be earned, sometimes by buying more land, sometimes by winning it through Events.
  • Instead of leveling up, Pokémon get stronger depending on their Rank.
    • All Pokémon start at Rank 0.
    • Each Pokémon maxes out at Rank 5.
    • Ranks carry over when traded.
    • At Rank 3, Pokémon can evolve into their first stage.
    • At Rank 5, Pokémon are allowed to evolve into their final stage.
  • Trade evolution Pokémon evolve at any Rank when traded, or at the respected Rank for the stage. Pokémon that also require trade items must have that item and be traded for them to evolve early.
  • Pokémon that evolve with friendship evolve at their normal rank.
  • Pokémon that evolve with stones evolve at any rank with the necessary stone, or at the normal rank without one.
  • Ranks are earned by winning challenges or battling opponents (see below).
  • If you were to ever forget any stat on anything (how much money you have, your Pokémon stock or ranks, items, move access, ect.), just ask. I will be doing my best to keep a record of everything.

Battles: Beginning, Conducting, and Reporting
  • When accepting a match, you must select 6 of your Pokémon to battle your opponent. Upload these Pokémon to PS, and conduct your match there.
  • Be sure to save your Battle Video and send it to me for confirmation. No wins or loses count if I do not have the Battle Video.
  • To report a match, the winner is responsible for sending in the replay. I will then need to know what Pokémon you wish to apply ranks to, what Pokémon is being lost to the other player, etc.
  • Winner:
    • Receives 1 Pokémon used by opponent in battle. Opponent has no consent over this, but feel free to beg and/or try to appeal to their better nature (if they have one).
    • Receives +2 ranks, which may be applied to any of his Pokémon used in battle.
  • Not-Quite-The Winner:
    • Receives -1 point to their land score.
    • Loses 1 Pokémon used in battle (the unused Pokémon are still unknown and unaffected).
    • Receives +1 rank to be applied to any of his Pokémon (New: This is chosen after the Pokemon is lost to the other player, and may not be given to it).
  • Tie:
    • If the battle ends with neither player having any Pokémon left, the battle is a tie. There are no exceptions to this. Rough Skin KOing your opponent's last Pokémon while they kill you leads to a tie, and other similar cases. (C'mon, you can't lead an army with no soldiers.)
    • If the battle is left unconcluded, it is treated as a Tie, though no ranks are received.
    • If it is found that one player purposely avoided battling, they will receive a warning.
    • Both players receive +1 rank to add to any Pokémon used in battle.
  • I shall do whatever I please to those who do not complete matches on time.
  • Defeated player's Pokemon will be put in the Adoption Shelter for other players to purchase.

• Brave Vesperia - Water
  • Vom - Dragon
  • thegrovylekid - Fairy
  • bbninjas - Fighting
  • Juliet - Ghost
  • Celever - Ground
  • SilverSilent - Fire
  • SquirtleSquad - Normal
  • SkyShield21 - Electric
  • Growlitheguy - Fire
  • Reinforce - Steel
  • Ice Espeon - Dark

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Sig-sized banner coming soon. Probably.

End Notes:
  • Some things have changed, mostly small. A few were noted with "New:" but small things weren't, such as:
  • Starting Pokemon have a BST of 400 or less, like in the previous installment.
  • Each player begins with 1000 gold. Shop prices will be adjusted accordingly, as will rewards, so don't fret.
  • There are no nightly or private events.
  • There is no way to gain new Pokemon outside of the Adoption Shelter or taking them from other players.
  • The shop has been expanded from the first three installments, but not quite like in the last game with the multiple events for items.
  • The winner of a match is responsible for sending in the replay.
  • Final note: For all of kingdoms, I will keep one conversation will each player with all their updated statistics, so if you see something out of place, simply point it out so it can be fixed sooner rather than later.
Current Game Statistics:
  • bbninjas - Unconfirmed Kingdom - 0 land - eliminated!
  • Brave Vesperia - The Water Kingdom: Now Wet'r 'N Wild'r! - 0 land - Most Active
  • Celever - Kingdom of Libra - 3 land - modkilled
  • growlitheguy - Auradon - 5 land - modkilled
  • Ice Espeon - Kingdom of Zeref's Flames - 2 land
  • Juliet - Baguette Kingdom - 2 land - modkilled
  • Reinforce - Kingdom of the Armorknights - 3 land - dropped
  • SilverSilent - The Land of Magma - 0 land - eliminated!
  • SkySheild21 - Kingdom of Demaglio - 4 land - modkilled
  • Squirtle Squad - Kingdom of Camelot - 0 land - eliminated!
  • thegrovylekid - Kingdom of Halcyon - 1 land - eliminated
  • Vom - Kingdom of the Ancient Onslaught - 1 land

Last edited:

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
In as well, let's see how this goes with these rule changes :V
Please make Prince Vom and Princess bbninjas plot

I'll pick Steel for this one!

Last edited:

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Good luck with this. I don't think I'm going to have the time to commit to this, but maybe I will sign up towards the end if you really, really need another player.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
In as well, let's see how this goes with these rule changes :V
Please make Prince Vom and Princess bbninjas plot

I'll pick Steel for this one!
Uh, no.

/in with Fighting Type.

Also, is there a ban list?

Juliet

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, I'm really interested in this, but I have a few questions. Does it matter if I've never played a game like this? Does it matter if I've never used Pokemon Showdown? And should I even bother if I know nothing about competitive battling?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Okay, I'm really interested in this, but I have a few questions. Does it matter if I've never played a game like this? Does it matter if I've never used Pokemon Showdown? And should I even bother if I know nothing about competitive battling?
Nope, it doesn't matter for any of them! I suggest you go and start fiddling with Pokemon Showdown (or PS) and try to get the hang of it. Also, perhaps look around at Smogon ratings (i.e. type Raichu smogon) and see what competitive strategies pop up, however note that some attacks are unavailable in the start of the game, and can only be accessed through TMs. Pokemon marked OU are type tier Pokemon in the competitive game, so it may be worth using a few of their prevolutions. Also take note of commonly used attacks, as their most likely good.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Uh, no.

/in with Fighting Type.

Also, is there a ban list?
And just for that, uh, yes.

Aside from Pokemon needing to be under 400 BST, Speed Boost Torchic, Nincada, and Eevee are all banned as starters. That's all I remember for the moment, and I'll add it to the OP.

1: Nope! Come one, come all!
2: If you aren't familiar at all with the mechanics of it, it's easy enough to play around with after creating your account there. You're welcome to PM me as well with any questions for it.
3: Not at all! Actually, a majority of previous players in the game have had little competitive experience. Actual competitive battling is so different that it doesn't play too big of a part here, Kingdoms has it's own strategy! But we're all here just for the fun of it, in the end.

Juliet

Aspiring Trainer
Oh, thank you both so much, I'll get on that fiddling with Showdown stuff. In that case, I think I will join, and I think I want to use ghost type.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
[4:22:51 PM] Keeper of Night: loving this variety
[4:23:02 PM] Keeper of Night: nice pool of types so far

I'll change my type to Fairy ;3

Celever

Wheeeee~
I'll say in, I'll edit a type in later when I've read the OP and do some thinking n_n

Edit: I'll go for Ground

Last edited:

Celever

Wheeeee~
I'd like to play, I hope no one is bothered by my time difference if I do. I'd like to go for Fire.
Don't worry, your time zone will be absolutely fine. Already we've got Americans, a Brit and an Australian in the game, so we're all over the place already.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Question. With the BsT 400 total, is that for when the Pokemon is fully evolved?

Cos they start as basics right?

Also IN! Was gonna choose ghost..

I'll choose normal!

Status
Not open for further replies.