XY Kalos Dex (complete)

RE: The Regional Pokedex: Pokémon from previous generations in Kalos

Mitja said:
its official trailers and clips on the site promoting the games in an ok-amount spoilerish (official) manner.

Why would they choose completely random and unrelated/post-game native pokemon to showcase it?
If it was a clip to show how the 3d looks, like the gen-battle they did at the VGC, then the pokemon chosen are irrelevant to the games story.

I mean, I can see how one could argue that the separate short clips shouldn't be included, ie all those that are a few seconds to showcase a single pokemon or such. But as for the proper trailers, using pokemon you can't use on the journey is like showing the character running around a beta-room and featuring post-game stuff.

Besides..what would be left without these anyway? Besides Pikachu and Octillery?
Not much most i can think of is pidgey and zigzagoon.

Mitja said:
Besides..what would be left without these anyway? Besides Pikachu and Octillery?

The retyped Fairies are most likely in (Jigglypuff, Marill, and Gardevoir), some of the Pokemon shown in overworld references (such as the statue in the first trailer) are probably in, Rhyhorn, Zigzagoon and Pidgey, the Kanto starters, that kind of stuff. The Pokemon that have appeared in more than just Battle clips.

Hold up.
Houndour is in the Pokedex.
Houndour.
Houndour.

*explodes into a confetti burst of happiness*

Also Axew is in. OP much? Especially since you might get it early.

zappy800 said:

Not really, because of Fairy type. That's probably justification for them to start including Dragon types earlier.

Bolt the Cat said:
zappy800 said:

Not really, because of Fairy type. That's probably justification for them to start including Dragon types earlier.

Yeah but how many of the trainers would have fairy moves?

zappy800 said:
Bolt the Cat said:

I'm quite sure that there will be a huge addition of Pokemon and moves in Fairy Type.
Besides, Axew will probably be very rare.

98Greener said:
zappy800 said:

I'm quite sure that there will be a huge addition of Pokemon and moves in Fairy Type.
Besides, Axew will probably be very rare.
I would agree if there were more dragon moves pokemon yea there might be 30 fairies (or more) but moves will not have a ton.

zappy800 said:
Bolt the Cat said:

More than likely plenty. They're sure to add many Fairy-type moves of all levels of power, including very weak Fairy-type attacks that are only viable during the earliest battles, before stronger and more sophisticated moves are accessable.

zappy800 said:

How do you know this? Can we get a source? I would like to know it.

Pokequaza said:
zappy800 said:

We saw it in a Horde battle in one of the trailers.

Tatertot said:
Pokequaza said:

Thus not officially confirmed.

I know doesn't make sense to show random Pokémon during their trailers, but if all the Pokémon we have seen will be in the games, we'll end up with all the pseudo-legendaries (except Metagross) in X & Y, that's a little too much, even for B2W2 standards.

Pokequaza said:
Tatertot said:

I know doesn't make sense to show random Pokémon during their trailers, but if all the Pokémon we have seen will be in the games, we'll end up with all the pseudo-legendaries (except Metagross) in X & Y, that's a little too much, even for B2W2 standards.

Exactly what I was saying in one of my earlier posts. I doubt many of the old pokemon we've seen so far will be available in game. However, Axew was shown in a Horde battle, not just a random generic battle. It wouldn't make sense to show something specific like this if Axew wasn't in the game. But, I could be wrong.

Pokequaza said:

No, any Pokemon that's explicitly shown as wild pretty much is. It's one thing if they show the Pokemon in a generic grassy battle like many of the others, but a Horde of wild Axews was shown in a cave in one of the trailers. That is almost certainly not scripted.

Pokequaza said:

This I think is reason enough to believe that most of these random battle Pokemon aren't necessarily in the Kalos Dex, having every pseudo legend in would ruin part of the fun and balance of the game, even with Fairy type's inclusion. Most regional dexes only have 1 or 2, and BW2 had 3 but one of them was post game. I don't think we're getting more than 3 or maybe 4 pseudo legends in this dex, they'd dominate the game too much if they were all in.

Unless they're making a region on steroids and all the pseudos are getting mega-evolutions accessible in the main game, but I see what you mean.

Mitja said:
Unless they're making a region on steroids and all the pseudos are getting mega-evolutions accessible in the main game, but I see what you mean.

This game certainly won't have every single Pokemon with every single Mega Evolution, then there'd be too little to promote future 6th gen games.

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:

This game certainly won't have every single Pokemon with every single Mega Evolution, then there'd be too little to promote future 6th gen games.

True, but I think the 3rd game/squeal will have a few more mega Pokémon in it. They always add new forms to remakes, 3rd game and squeals, ever since 3rd gen.

Blob55 said:
True, but I think the 3rd game/squeal will have a few more mega Pokémon in it. They always add new forms to remakes, 3rd game and squeals, ever since 3rd gen.

Right, I think they'll save many of them for future games, probably even into future generations.

Bolt the Cat said:
Blob55 said:

Right, I think they'll save many of them for future games, probably even into future generations.

Didn't a trailer say mega Pokémon are only available in Kalos?

Blob55 said:
Bolt the Cat said:

Didn't a trailer say mega Pokémon are only available in Kalos?

Because we've been to the other known regions and never seen any.

Doesn't imply they won't do the obvious and have every future gen include all the megas they've added before.

They're as much Kalos-exclusive as Magneton evolves "only in Sinnoh" at the time of DP releases.

Back