• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Jungle Blaster: Shining Genesect/Venusaur

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
With the recent release of Shining Legends, Genesect/Venusaur was a deck that I was really looking forward to. Now that it is legal for tournament play, I'm wondering what everyone else was thinking about it. Here is my list:

Pokémon*15

Shining Genesect*3 SHL
Bulbasaur*3 SHL
Ivysaur*1 SHL
Venusaur*3 SHL
Pheromosa GX*1 PR
Tapu Lele GX*2 GRI
Tapu Bulu GX*1 PR
Oranguru*1 SUM

Trainer*34

Professor Sycamore*4 BKP
N*3 FCO
Guzma*3 BUS
Brigette*2 BKT
Skyla*1 BKT
Ultra Ball*4 SUM
Revitalizer*1 GEN
Super Rod*1
Max Elixir*4 BKP
Field Blower*2 GRI
Rare Candy*3 PRC
Fighting Fury Belt*2 BKP
Choice Band*2 GRI
Float Stone*2 BKT

Energy*11

Grass Energy*11 GEN

Total*60

So, cards that I'm considering finding room for are:

Shaymin SHL* Great for getting a revenge K.O. on things like Gardevoir GX or Metagross GX, but the 70 HP makes me a little nervous.

Rare Candy* A fourth Rare Candy is just for consistency purposes.

I think that Shining Genesect/Venusaur is going to take a spot in the metagame very soon, and I hope I can help it along the way. I'm open to all suggestions, so let me know what you think about card choices, matchups, etc. Thanks!

Edit: Updated the list to fit one Skyla at the expense of a Max Elixir. Also removed Aether Paradise and fourth Shining Genesect for a Tapu Bulu GX (Volcanion matchup) and Fighting Fury Belt.

Last edited:

EarthwormZim

Aspiring Trainer
I just built a variant of this online but have yet to test it. I was trying to find room for Zoroark GX and Tapu Koko promo but space is so tight as it is. I also tried to shove Espeon EX and Necrozma, but that's probably too clunky and detracts from the overall gameplan. How would 4-2/2 or 4-3/1 line of Fomantis-Lurantis PR/Lurantis GX work? Helps accelerate energy out of discard, boosts attack (PR), and gives a ridiculously strong GX attack combined with Venusaur's ability? I don't have any of the Lurantis cards on PTCGO but kind of want to get them to test it out.

Also I REALLY like the single copy of Shaymin SHL and plan to add it to my list.

EDIT: Lurantis GX also gives you a better attacking option than Venusaur against the occasional Jolteon EX (or Marshadow GX's that use it in their toolbox :p)

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
I just built a variant of this online but have yet to test it. I was trying to find room for Zoroark GX and Tapu Koko promo but space is so tight as it is. I also tried to shove Espeon EX and Necrozma, but that's probably too clunky and detracts from the overall gameplan. How would 4-2/2 or 4-3/1 line of Fomantis-Lurantis PR/Lurantis GX work? Helps accelerate energy out of discard, boosts attack (PR), and gives a ridiculously strong GX attack combined with Venusaur's ability? I don't have any of the Lurantis cards on PTCGO but kind of want to get them to test it out.

Also I REALLY like the single copy of Shaymin SHL and plan to add it to my list.

EDIT: Lurantis GX also gives you a better attacking option than Venusaur against the occasional Jolteon EX (or Marshadow GX's that use it in their toolbox :p)

Nice idea, are you talking about a Lurantis GX/Venasuar deck that plays one or two Shining Genesect, or is Lurantis GX the backup attacker? I think that Lurantis GX as a backup attacker reduces the speed of Shining Genesect and makes it more weak to Volcanion EX, but a new deck with Shining Genesect as the backup attacker sounds good. I'll try it out at some point once I get the cards.

I agree that Jolteon EX may be a threat, but I don't think that Lurantis GX or Zoroark GX is the answer at the moment. I'll investigate other attackers, but I'll also test out Zoroark GX and Lurantis GX just in case. You never know, they may work just fine!

Yes, Shaymin is nice in this list, but I can't find room for it at the moment. I think that Pheromosa GX is a better revenge attacker since it is a little bulkier (won't immediately give a prize like Shaymin and its 70 HP) and has an outstanding revenge GX attack for late game. I honestly prefer Pherosmosa GX more, but I can still test out Shaymin anyways.

Thanks for the feedback! Let me know what you think, thanks!