Event July 2017 PTCGO Tournament Pairings

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
This thread will have the pairings for each round, as well as important notes for all players. All players are responsible for checking this thread at the start of every round; ignorance of the contents of this thread is not an excuse for not following any instructions found herein.

Do not post in this thread.

Read this entire post. It's important.

READ THE NEWS STORY; IT HAS THE ANSWERS TO ALL YOUR TOURNAMENT-RELATED QUESTIONS

Every month I get questions that could be answered by reading the news story. Read the news story. It will help, I promise.

To ensure you are apprised of all relevant updates, please make sure to "Watch" this thread. You will (should) receive notifications every time a post is made. Alternatively, you can "Follow" me personally so you can be notified every time I post (I think that's how it works?).

That said, not receiving a notification is no excuse for not manually checking this thread at the start of every round.

LINK TO BRACKET

http://challonge.com/JulyCup2017

Bookmark this link. Standings are updated in real time, so what you see is what is currently entered into the system. When you check, please make sure the standings are correct; let me know immediately if they are not.

PLAYER LIST

Here is the signup list for your convenience. Use it to speed things along. The name in parentheses next to a player's username is their PTCGO username. If there is no name following their username, their PTCGO username is the same as their PB username.

Please make sure your PTCGO username is correct. Your PTCGO username is the name you battle with, not what you sign in with. If this is the case, please PM me ASAP so I can fix it, and please PM your opponent so they can make the necessary changes as well.

Premium competitors:
  1. morpheus
  2. Ecourts
  3. Snibachi
  4. Wario3
  5. MoFoTY86 (Twitchy05)
  6. olivasds
  7. jpkemperor
  8. ozzie347
  9. Arneboy11
  10. BKRapper
  11. Seng vang (Svang20)
  12. F4H_Jay (DariooJay)
  13. austincredible76 (Austincrediblle)
  14. My Little Keldeo (KeldeoDash)
  15. Nobodyshero2727
  16. Trixss
  17. Tangelatwist
  18. Hansel (rhodan818)
  19. stevexue (hikari12345123)
  20. Coolpilot
  21. Jaypenny777
  22. tsefood
  23. Derek2727
  24. Ilir Nikqi (ilirsophie)
  25. Dooley Noted (DooleyNoted)
  26. jbcheshire (macboy02)
  27. Dadoum (bilLkarkariy)
  28. Serperior (EspeonROX)
  29. killrnite
  30. Craig Collier (Ninjafrog7)
  31. Gengar master (Gengar-101)
  32. nicky689
  33. Teenyvictini (Littlemeowth)
  34. GhostXEmpire
  35. Sean Timmons (TreiNization)
  36. danjack08
  37. Stefen Brink (skullforlife86)
  38. kilamon (liz204)
  39. Twixz
  40. AustinD (MPAplaysPKMN)
  41. Ecko9i6
  42. TrainerNaru4159
  43. MrxRubin (Mr_Rubin)
  44. ProfessorPlatan (TeamPokiman)

June overflow competitors:
  1. DashKing
  2. WastedSkyPirate
  3. Starrydash (Radlynn)
  4. WaMike (mikecase00)
  5. Christian Ellingstad (Zomanga)
  6. Calcab (Gabe014)
  7. Androsidy

Competitors:

1. theprp30
  2. Mr. Mirek (mrmirek00)
  3. Slurma
  4. Victory Victini (FrokieFro)
  5. TotoBoss (Blibbloe)
  6. TheAnticipationEevee (AbsolutelyEevee)
  7. Djndfjnd (aksjdjhfjkdf)
  8. Jonnysniper (xjonnysniperx)
  9. vnguyen188
  10. MetaCall (ADVGYM)
  11. lukas2aces
  12. InfiniteGoten (Boredmiku)
  13. musicismyalibi_
  14. Yddeon (YddeonVGC)
  15. Sethy79
  16. Crizor (BandedCrizor)
  17. josie0001
  18. Zellio12
  19. blueduckgolduck
  20. MaybeitsMetagross (AriumRichlite)
  21. shawn anderson (Enoch33rd)
  22. SzymonPrzybyl
  23. Greninja13 (MinunPlusle13)
  24. Typhlosion17 (megaampharoas)
  25. Garden City Pokemon (Ptown511)
  26. uncleyuri
  27. Hiker Tony (Tony_bobs)
  28. Rindon
  29. Sarakazi
  30. acerizzo13
  31. OmniPoke (Teamomnipoke)
  32. Kevin Mancilla (KrapuloZo)
  33. Neurowolf (Lucario4u2)
  34. crystal_pidgeot (VaporeonXero)
  35. Gible06 (Pokemon10580089)
  36. Chocoballss (chocoballzz)
  37. Xerneos (Sqg731)
  38. MaeglinC
  39. Tropical Peaches (Jynxedorange)
  40. brahminsteak
  41. Sephiroth120898
  42. CESit (Xabalanque)
  43. Kirby
  44. Omarphylax
  45. Zeno (zeno10200)

TOURNAMENT TIMETABLE

Here are all the deadlines for every round. I will post each round's deadline in the main thread as well as in each individual round's post in the pairings thread. If you aren't sure when the round ends, check! It's right here!

Round 1: Monday 7/3/17 to Thursday 7/6/17
Turn in your deck list to PMJ by: Thursday 7/6/17
Round 2: Friday 7/7/17 to Monday 7/10/17
Round 3: Tuesday 7/11/17 to Friday 7/14/17
Round 4: Saturday 7/15/17 to Tuesday 7/18/17
Round 5: Wednesday 7/19/17 to Saturday 7/22/17
Round 6: Sunday 7/23/17 to Wednesday 7/26/17
Round 7: Thursday 7/27/17 to Sunday 7/30/17
Top 8: Monday 7/31/17 to Wednesday 8/2/17*
Top 4: Thursday 8/3/17 to Saturday 8/5/17*
Finals: Friday 8/6/17 to Sunday 8/8/17*

*Top cut rounds will end early if everyone has completed their match.

You can submit your list to me any time before the deadline. You do not have to do your match first. If the deadline approaches and you and your opponent still haven't fought yet, I would suggest sending me your list so you can get it approved. If I don't approve your list by the deadline, it's okay as long as I receive it before the deadline. Outlined below is the very simple way that I accept lists. It's not hard, so the only way you can muck it up is if you haven't read this post. :)

TOURNAMENT CHANGES FOR JULY

- Both players are now responsible for reporting the results of your match. Get in the habit of posting your results immediately after your match. If you're not sure if your opponent is going to do it, ask. If they aren't posted within two minutes, do it yourself. I don't care if it gets double posted; I care more that it gets posted at all, and you should, too.
- A link to the bracket can now be found at the top of this post, for your convenience.
- Everyone who wins packs is obligated to give me unused codes

HOW TO PROPERLY SUBMIT YOUR DECK LIST

Have PTCGO copy your deck list to the clipboard, paste it in a new conversation to me, and hit send.

This is the only way I will accept your deck list, so pay attention. Here's a pretty old image that I should probably update soon to help you out if you don't know what I'm talking about:

glAHfop.png

In the deck manager, pressing the button highlighted in the picture will copy your deck list to the clipboard. The program will even tell you it's done.

Now, in the conversation to me, right click and Paste, or hit CTRL + V to paste the contents. Make sure PTCGO approves of your list before you send it - if it's legal for them, that's a good sign.

If your client is not in English, do not translate your card names. Let me worry about that. Just copy it to the clipboard, paste, and hit send. Easy.

PKvyor9.png

Round 1 ends Thursday, July 6, at 11:59 PM EDT. You have until that time to send me your list and get it approved. Do not assume that just because you sent it means it was approved. Be sure to get confirmation before you relax.

Don't forget you all promised to make 3 posts! We love to see people contributing to our community and doing their part to help it grow. Three posts is easily doable. Please do it. Or else.

Do not post match results in this thread. Post them in the main thread only.

Last edited:
Round one is in the books. Still need lists from these dudes:

@Gible06

If I don't have your lists by the time round 2 ends, you will be dropped from the tournament. No other reminders will be given.

Please make sure your time zone conversion is correct. If you're not sure, ask Google and they will do it for you.

I get a lot of dumb questions. By dumb questions, I mean questions that could be answered by reading the news story. Those questions are lazy questions. Bad questions. I don't like them, and I tend to get a little sarcastic when answering them. But I also get smart questions. Good questions. I do like those. And I want more.

I'm compiling an FAQ to be included in the pairings thread for August's tournament, and I'd like everyone's input on particular questions to add. Some of these include when to submit your list (any time after round 1 starts), where to post your results (in the main thread only and never ever ever in a PM to me), and whether or not you're allowed to change art, i.e. regular art master race to full art plebe tier (yes, you are, but please don't). There are others, but I'm interested in hearing what you think.

PM me your suggestions whenever you think of them. Do not post them in this thread, do not post them in the main thread, and do not post them on my wall. Please.

VEFjFP5.png

Round 2 ends Monday, July 10, at 11:59 PM EDT.

1. You are not allowed to use anything other than PokeBeach Forums in order to schedule your matches. If it's not in a conversation on these forums, it doesn't count. You can communicate inside the game once you meet up, but until that time, all correspondence must be done on the forums.

2. When posting results, do not give any information about your opponent's deck, especially by announcing individual cards they may run or what their strategy may be. When you post your results, you only need the following information:

- The winner
- The score

It's okay to wish your opponent luck or whatever, but please keep your posts to a minimum.

Round 3 ends Friday, July 14, at 11:59 PM EDT.

EbIfzA4.png

This is the wrong thread. Please pay better attention :)

Round 4 ends Tuesday, July 18, at 11:59 PM EDT.

yhVhEHw.png

If you want to drop, let me know. Round 5 ends Saturday, July 22, at 11:59 PM EDT.

hzgKYrt.png

@MrxRubin @MrxRubin @MrxRubin @MrxRubin @MrxRubin

Almost done! Hang in there. If you wanna drop, let me know.

Did you get your posts in yet?

Round 6 ends Wednesday, July 26, at 11:59 PM EDT.

5uz4PpC.png

This is the final round of Swiss. Your record should be 5-2 or better if you want a shot at cut.

Friendly reminder that you will be dropped if you receive your second warning in this round for doing something boneheaded like missing your match.

Round 7 ends Sunday, July 30, at 11:59 PM EDT.

Signups for August's tournament will be posted Saturday. Tell your friends!

0br7HfJ.png

Back