Now we just need reprints of:
Banned Sneasel/Slowking
BS Computer Search
Dowsing Machine/Junk Arm
BS Muk
BS Professor Oak
Vs. Seeker

junk arm would be amazing but also break the format

well i mean as would computer search if it wasn't an ace spec or professor oak if it was effectively an item card like it was then

Wechselbalg

brb
In order for this to be good it would have to have an attack cost of only 1 [W] or it should not have the reshuffle effect. This will likely become a meme deck for the PTCGO ladder that is sort of a cross-over between Typhlosion and A. Dugtrio.

Wechselbalg

brb
junk arm would be amazing but also break the format

well i mean as would computer search if it wasn't an ace spec or professor oak if it was effectively an item card like it was then

CPU Search/Dowsing Machine could be reprinted as a Prism Star though for the Standard format which wouldn't be so bad imo. Of course they'd have to make a ruling first so that still only 1 copy of those cards could be played in an Expanded deck. And it should definitely be either CPU or Dowsing, because having access to both in the same deck would be ridiculous.

Doby

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Wonder if it could be a thing in expanded with battle compressor and archie's

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
Until we get confirmation of a "Trash Exchange" Reprint, this card will see no play on its own.
Trash exchange was the single reason why it was so good in neo genesis.
Misty's wrath also broke this deck, as it was a "dig deeper" version of sages training. by dig deeper, i mean top 7 cards of the deck. pick 2 cards then discard the rest.

Psychics third eye is still legal, which did the same as secret mission. but secret mission wasn't a supporter card.
One card that will see play in this deck will be "Lady" which gets 4 basic energy out of the deck.
But Lady only adds 80 damage.

Last edited:

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
if you decide to play gatr with counter energy, consider playing Victini Prism star.
its attack is a fire type version of Riptide. but it doesn't state what kind of energy has to be in the discard pile. only "basic energy". This means Victini can shuffle in your basic water energies and power itself up. Victini might be a nice tech against Golisopod decks

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
Now we just need reprints of:
Banned Sneasel/Slowking
BS Computer Search
Dowsing Machine/Junk Arm
BS Muk
BS Professor Oak
Vs. Seeker

Sneasel got reprinted in HS Undaunted. it was a common card, and they fixed its zero weakness with fighting weakness.
Computer search re-print, as an ace spec again would make me happy.
Slowking would be fun, but only if it went by the japanese ruling of only working in the active position. the translation team over in the west, made the stupid blunder of saying you could use the power on the bench. and you could use multiple powers, if you had more than 1 slowking on the bench. biggest mistake ever!!
I would prefer to play BS Item finder over Dowsing Machine/ Junk arm. Nostalgia reasons. but for nerfing reasons, ace spec again would make me happy.
Also Muk first appeared in Fossil. no biggy. only small error. still in the wizards classic format.
without a sycamore reprint oaks reign as the best draw card, is nearly at an end. the end of the "Discard hand draw 7 cards era"
lastly VS seeker has been coming and going since it first appeared in fire red and leaf green. it was reprinted in one of the platinum sets, and again in phantom forces (later a gold rare in roaring skies). i'm sure a 4th reprint will rear its head at some point in the future.

jperr

Aspiring Trainer
CPU Search/Dowsing Machine could be reprinted as a Prism Star though for the Standard format which wouldn't be so bad imo. Of course they'd have to make a ruling first so that still only 1 copy of those cards could be played in an Expanded deck. And it should definitely be either CPU or Dowsing, because having access to both in the same deck would be ridiculous.

that's an interesting thought and makes me wonder whether they'll do prism star item cards. seems like a carbon copy of ace specs to me, and just another hella expensive card for every deck probably, so i really hope they don't.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
I am going to be playing this deck since it is my favorite Pokemon. This paired with Quagsire could be fun. Oh and Wake totally lets you get at least four energy in the discard pile.