News Japan's SM6b, 'Champion Road'!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
It's not that good.
-Everyone.

UH UH, NO IT AIN'T!
Ability and choice band grant 190 for 2 energy.
Who wouldn't want to do 190 for 2?
GX attack does 300 with the ability activated.
Cmon, guys!

Jermaine

Aspiring Trainer
This Scizor can OHKO basic 190 GX's, you have to get a OKHO on it, or scizor is doing a massive amount of damage each turn, it's actually annoying, where is my fire type GX that attacks for one energy when you need it (I'm looking at you Blacephalon). That being said, you can revenge ko a Golisopod with 2 Dhelmise/ Kukui so that's cool, it does 120 w/o choice band, and you'll be fine. I think that you need registeel in the deck to accelerate energy if max elixir doesn't return, it'll be too expensive to charge 2 in a few turns. We are going into a one energy format sadly :C.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
TCPI employee: Sir, we were going to name Scizors GX attack Crossing Cut GX, but thats already the name Of Golisopods GX attack!

TCPI CEO: just get rid of the ing in crossing cut, and make it "Cross Cut GX"!

TCPI employee: ...

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Lemme talk about art for a second. The art of Scizor actually wasn't as bad as I thought. It was a very weird pose in it's ex counterpart but it somehow looks much better in the gx counterpart. It's probably the way Scizor bended a little which made it look a little unnatural. The scyther art though! I know it was confirmed that the old art of cards was going to be present, but actually seeing it on a Sun and Moon styled card.....I'm going to get some nostalgia from the later ones to be seen.

Enough about art. Scizor seems very unique. We already have cards that either do 2HKO damage (Zoroark-GX, Golisopod-GX, Lucario-GX, etc.) or 1HKO damage (Buzzwole-GX, Ho-oh-GX, etc.), so Scizor could take good use of that ability pretty easily. I mean the card is already going to do 2HKO damage, esspecially with a Choice Band making the numbers 110 even without the ability (the damage reduction is also nice, that outta make Scizor pretty bulky). The GX attack I think is pretty great. It's essentially 230 damage with band, or 280 damage with the ability turned on, both of which are very good OHKO numbers and all for the opponent's pokemon being evolved. That's a near-free K.O. on like every stage 1 GX or even a stage 2 GX. Granted it's for 1 more energy (which I know google won't appreciate) but that's just it. 1 more energy. It can be just a simple basic energy which is nice since any deck based around using this thing should already be energy efficient. I approve! Someone's gonna put this to good use.

Scyther is also very good. The first attack only sets up more Scizors (and since we're losing Brigette in the not-too-distant future, that attack's even more valuable) and the second attack give's it a nice protection if neccessary. I bring the second attack up because....
could be funny use shining cele. and vic. to use scyther atk and if you have 100 hp you could hit for 100/130 and prevent dmg next turn.
Agility could be doing 2HKO damage with a better condition. Granted you can just Guzma out of it and you rely on not one but two pokemon to pull this off but still interesting nonetheless.

That's just it. They're both interesting and unique, and I like interesting and unique cards!

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
UH UH, NO IT AIN'T!
Ability and choice band grant 190 for 2 energy.
Who wouldn't want to do 190 for 2?
GX attack does 300 with the ability activated.
Cmon, guys!

But that also puts it in range for Zoroark-GX to trade with it. It'd be a lot better if it were slightly higher to make trades more even.

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
yea, 160 is just such a bad number, and the fact you have to be half-dead to hit it is even worse.

the GX is ok, with one dhelmise out it oneshots all 210 HP mons, and with a CB it can KO up to 240 for a DCE and a metal. not the best, but it does it's job.

if only he did 10 more damage, he'd be spectacular at hitting more relevant numbers (1 dhelmise for 170, Lele KO, 1 CB for swole KO.

it is passable though. which is a shame since scizor's been one of my fav pokemon since i saw it.

OmegaBatman

Aspiring Trainer
I really like these cards. Combined with frying pan, after first attack will take 60 less with no weakness. Makes it nearly impossible to one hit. While 2 hitting almost anything if it has less than 100HP after first attack. Can see it working very well with Zoroark.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
TCPI employee: Sir, we were going to name Scizors GX attack Crossing Cut GX, but thats already the name Of Golisopods GX attack!

TCPI CEO: just get rid of the ing in crossing cut, and make it "Cross Cut GX"!

TCPI employee: ...
Cross-Cut was already a regular attack seen on Pokemon after the original Scizor ex, like Crimson Invasion Bewear. They had to make Scizor GX faithful to its original counterpart.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Very cool artwork on the Scizor GX, ability is a nice risk/reward keeping it that low to do the extra 80, but could be clutch in certain situations.

Volkner123

Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this but honestly I wasn't really excited about this set. And even less when I learned this was going to be SM7. Mostly I don't know the cards and how good they are. But Scizor looks good and if the rest are even a little better it might redeem itself

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Fun fact: this will be the first Scyther card released in about six years.

I'm not even a big fan of Scyther but it's generally a pretty popular Pokemon, so... that's surprising.

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
160 is just such a bad number, and the fact you have to be half-dead to hit it is even worse.

You don’t have to be half dead.... “As long as this pokemon’s hP is 100 or less, this Pokémon’s attacks do 80 more damage”.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I would consider playing barbells with this Scizor. His ability is actually quite good as long as the opponent does not OHKO Scizor. It's not quite Mad Bull or Cantankerous level return fire, but definitely makes one think twice about wounding Scizor, or forcing an opponent to go around him.

And reducing damage by 30 makes him rather tough to OHKO with 210 + barbells, leaving...

That's a lot of damage for 2 energy. I agree with MultX - he can dance with the big 250 HP stage 2s, and that's worth something.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I love they are reposing the art for the GX Pokemon. This also means that if they reprint FRLG Pidgeot, it won't be GX.

Sad face.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
You don’t have to be half dead.... “As long as this pokemon’s hP is 100 or less, this Pokémon’s attacks do 80 more damage”.
And it’s HP is 210

So if you’re at 100 or less you at half or less of 210 ergo half dead