News Japan's SM6b, 'Champion Road'!

NinjaSquirtle15

Aspiring Trainer
"Champion Road will hit store shelves in Japan on April 6th" Dragon Storm was April 6th. Champion Road is May 3rd.

Last edited:

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
I think Scizor GX may be good for collecting, but it's very bad in the TCG.
I disagree. 110 for two energy and choice band isn't bad, nor is doing 230 with the GX. This is definitely gonna see play, especially since it has its own bench-filling engine in the Scyther. While I do agree its HP could be a little bit higher to make it really good, it's at least decent, even in this current meta. I haven't played in a few weeks though, so i guess I don't know how prevalent Volcanion is right now (although I can't imagine it being very popular, with 80% of the meta being Buzzwole/Lycanroc/Zoroark type stuff.) Not to mention, It really works well after rotation too, as Brigitte will have rotated with most of the other good draw supports, but it'll still have an engine to work with, especially when paired with Zoroark for mid-to-late-game draw support.

kusa

Aspiring Trainer
could be funny use shining cele. and vic. to use scyther atk and if you have 100 hp you could hit for 100/130 and prevent dmg next turn.

ALSO When's Hitmonchan GX T_____T

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
At The Pokemon Company/Media Factory....

"We need some ideas for a new set."
"Why don't we just reprint old sets??"
"Brilliant! You get a promotion!"

MultX

Aspiring Trainer
With Dhelmise and Choice Band it can one-shot Gardevoir-GX for 2 energy, i like it)

BramDX

Aspiring Trainer
Look's like a cool card! :) reducing 30 damage is a lot. It make's it almost a Pokémon with 240 HP.

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
I disagree. 110 for two energy and choice band isn't bad, nor is doing 230 with the GX.

Scizor actually does 190 damage with choice band (assuming less than 100hp). however after playing a lot with lapras 190 is a good number (for most basics)....it falls short of KOing all evolved gx. A couple Dhelmise on bench easily puts Scizor in the correct range (easier than me trying to get empoleon dignified fighter out for the extra 20).
Hitting for 210 is a great number.

BENDsli

Aspiring Trainer
I keep a standard Scizor EX deck and update it as sets come out, I'm stoked to switch it over to Scizor GX when the EX rotates

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Scyther/Scizor-GX - Scyther is decent but we have Brigette 'til rotation. Scizor is so good that can hit the numbers, can OHKO Sylveon without the ability, can OHKO most popular cards like Lele, Zoroark, and Buzzwole. The GX atk is a niche decent. 4 Geodudes

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I'm kind of annoyed they didn't have Arita illustrate this one, since he illustrated the original

TheGamerOf_XY

Aspiring Trainer
It can 2 shot most Pokemon with Steel Wing if it has Choice band, and the stadium from Ultra Prisim might work well