Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

The Revolutionaire N

Aspiring Trainer
Charizard's ability's pretty interesting, the attack is terrible. Everyone plays 3-4 leles, so if 2 of them are in play Charizard+Choice Band=>220 dmgs.... So cool.
The best Charizard will be the one with this ability and a powerful attack for 1 dce, like riotus beating.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
That Charizard is legitimately amazing. Lance Prism Star, totally broken for any Dragon deck, especially Dragonite GX or Komo-o GX. I’m really exited to use the first playable Charizard for a century!

FossilJockeyMG

Pokémon Paleontologist
Can we get a blastoise please TPCi, stop printing zard. At least it the first playable zard in a while.

We get a lot of Blastoise too. I know the Boundaries Crossed Deluge Blastoise got reprinted twice, and Keldeo/Blastoise was big in its day. It was even still around a bit once Kyogre EX was released in Primal Clash. I'm actually happy to see a good Charizard. Even though Charizard gets printed a lot, it's usually pretty meh. I'd probably run this one if I get my hands on a couple. It would be pretty fun. Bare in mind, I wouldn't mind another Blastoise, since that would give us playable versions (hypothetically) of all of the Kanto Starters. To be fair, though, the Kanto Starters get more than their fair share of exposure as a group.

As for Lance Prism Star, my Garchomp/Altaria deck just got a even better! I'm definitely going to be searching to add this to my collection once it is released. I also have to make the comment that I find it hilarious that Lance is on fire, and we get a good Charizard in the same set, but Lance can't put Charizard into play because Charizard isn't a dragon... and both are in the same reveal. I wish we'd get Megas back in a "Break" sort of capacity... you still couldn't Lance your way to Mega Charizard X in that case, but still. If the new standard is SuMo-On, then Megas are gone next year. Megas have become the unloved child of play mechanics.

Last edited:

PandaPokemon

Aspiring Trainer
HALELLLLLLLUYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Finally a decent Charizard! The ability can really destroy the current meta, especially Lele and Buzzwole/Lycanroc/Zygarde EX and the new Dusk Mane meta with Dialga for timeless and all those Dusk Manes on the bench, including the occasional Dawn Wings with a float stone for a free retreat. if you have 2 Dusk Manes on Bench, a Dawn Wings on bench, and a Dialga GX in active they can one shot you. It’s also nice to hit metal for weakness, so I think this charizard will see TONS of play. The Lance is actually interesting, a good way to get that new altaria on your bench and another dragon type. Both will work in many decks.

Yog

Rogue
Charizard's ability's pretty interesting, the attack is terrible. Everyone plays 3-4 leles, so if 2 of them are in play Charizard+Choice Band=>220 dmgs.... So cool.
The best Charizard will be the one with this ability and a powerful attack for 1 dce, like riotus beating.

Could I interest you in a cost of [R][C] instead?

IRupPwk.png

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Remember when Lance used underleveled Dragonite in the Johto games? His Prism Star card brings this into full circle.

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
Now i'm really curious about the Dragon Storm Charmeleon, since it has an ability too.

Can we finally make PlayableCharizard.dek?

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Glad to see dragon storm is being a little more unique than past sets, wonder if we'll get closer to 200 or 150 cards in this set.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Charizard could show potential, as it can OHKO Zoroarks with 2 in play and a Choice Band.

Lance makes Dragonite GX officially broken.
Getting the Charizard set up would be a challenge though. As most Zoroark GX decks usually have a turn 2, turn 3 set up. IMO.
The Prism Star Lance, however has potential, as it could work in Garchomp and Dragonite GX decks. The catch is, that your opponent has to either knock out a pokemon or your active pokemon would have to be KOd by burn or poison dmg at the end of your opponent's turn. Hence your active pokemon has to be KOd during your opponent's turn. Still, wicked art on the Lance card.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Well, I know what I'm playing...Charizard!!! I'm super excited for this card, it looks really fun. I could see Lance working is well. If you use like Alolan Vulpix and let it get KO'd early then use Lance. Pretty cool.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Oh, Charizard. It's playable too.
I will have you know that Charizard is my LEAST favorite Pokémon, mainly because it's so darn popular.
And here's it it, back for revenge.
I'll be ready.

Finally! I can search out not one, but TWO Goomys and put them onto my bench! Muahahhahaha
Thank you for this. Thank you.

its called a joke, my dude
That's not a joke! That's sincere goodness right there.

Last edited by a moderator: