Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

Fight Song Altaria? YES!
This means that Dragonite GX could be good. No DDE means the first attack is the only viable option, it can abuse Max Potion and can use Volkner, which would be handy for getting an energy and an item such as a Rare Candy or Max Potion. 3 Altarias on the bench means you can be attacking for 130 every turn for a single energy. That sounds good to me.
White Kyurem GX is just bad.
Zinnia, also dissapointing. As if having a Pokemon get knocked out during your last turn wasnt enough of a caveat, you need to have at least 2 basic energies in your hand to make full use of it. Come on!

There is that, but there's also the fact that 20 damage is basically nothing, should probably be 30. Also, they could've just latched the ability onto a card that's playable outside of the ability, like that card is literally just an ability, it does like no damage and has pretty much no HP when compared to Stage 1's now. Idk I just don't see the point in making a garbage Gen 2 level card with an almost half decent ability, like if they're gonna make a useful card they should make it fully useful instead of half-assing it.
This is why you run multiple copies of Altaria and have at least 2 on the bench for the damage mods to matter. Sometimes a bit of damage can make a difference. Sunny Day Lurantis may only boost the damage done by Fire/Grass Pokemon by 20, but it did see play in a winning Golisopod GX deck to power up a Choice Banded First Impression into an OHKO attack. I don't see anything different with this Altaria.

Here's the rundown on how to make Dragonite GX's Dragon Claw into a 2HKO attack with other modifiers besides Altaria: 70 (base) + 20 (Altaria) + 20 (Altaria) + 10 (Devoured Field) + 30 (Choice Band against EXs/GXs) = 120 (against non-EXs/Gxs)/150 (against EXs/GXs).

Altaria also pushes Noivern GX's attacks into 2HKO/OHKO range with the aforementioned modifiers:
-Distort: 50 (base) + 20 (Altaria) + 20 (Altaria) + 10 (Devoured Field) + 30 (Choice Band against EXs/GXs) = 100 (against non EXs/GXs)/130 (against EXs/GXs)
-Sonic Volume: 120 (base) + 20 (Altaria) + 20 (Altaria) + 10 (Devoured Field) + 30 (Choice Band against EXs/GXs) = 170 (against non EXs/GXs)/200 (against EXs/GXs)

For Sonic Volume, a Kukui can guarantee the OHKO on Zoroark GX and Golisopod GX.

full art zinnia is going to look amazing along with full art lance.
Lance probably won't get a Full Art card since he is a Prism Star card (Cyrus and Lysandre didn't get Full Arts either). I'd say it's more likely that Blaine and Zinnia are the ones to get Full Art cards.

I'm confused by Altaria. What's the point in making a card that trash. Like hell, It's unbelievably horrible, damn.
I'm confused by you. What's the point in making a person who can't understand or remember history, and can't remember that abilities like this stack. Like hell, it's unbelievably horrible, damn.

Watch out Magnezone, Gardy is coming back and stronger! Blowing up every Fluffy Dragonite in her path, she's coming directly to regain the BDIF spot that is rightly hers. Watch your back! #MakeGardyGreatAgain

Dragonite is kind of cool. If you can get one running and a couple of other stage dragonite's on the bench. I like the look of the card too. Wonder what the full art will be like.

I think Wela Volcano Park would be more relevant if it did more burn damage (similar to Virbank Gym) rather than just guaranteeing that the burn stays.

On the other hand, it can rack up quickly with Infernape if the opponent has absolutely no answer for the burn on their turn.

I really thought TPCi would no longer make dragon type cards that require two or more different kind of energy to attack starting with the Ultra Prism set (Diala GX/Palkia GX/Garchomp). I guess since these cards haven't seen alot of play, TPCi probably thought it wasn't the two or more different kind of energy to attack and reverted back to the old 'cool' dragon type cards that is very colorful with different energies on the card.

Yay for Zinnia! She makes up for the absence of DDE! I just hope she gets the Full Art Treatment!!

I can see Dragon's Wish into Lady being pretty great for setting up your Dragonite-GX.

On top of that, Volkner can be used to grab your energy for Dragon Claw, along with a Rare Candy!
There may be potential here~

Lol white kyurem is doing 220 just by itself after burn and if that's not enough to no it also paralyzes I find this to be overkill

It's actually pretty good through not better than competitive cards but it's usable in expanded
Well, yeah. but the next set which is wrecked sky; there will probably be more dragon support. The SM6a/b sets will probably be coming into the next english set which is Wrecked Sky, or Fractured Sky if they call it that. However the dragon medallion in the upcoming Forbidden light set is going to support dragons a little bit, i think.

There is that, but there's also the fact that 20 damage is basically nothing, should probably be 30. Also, they could've just latched the ability onto a card that's playable outside of the ability, like that card is literally just an ability, it does like no damage and has pretty much no HP when compared to Stage 1's now. Idk I just don't see the point in making a garbage Gen 2 level card with an almost half decent ability, like if they're gonna make a useful card they should make it fully useful instead of half-assing it.

Last I checked, cards that give stackable +20 attack boosts have not been horrible at all. Sunny day Lurantis, Strong energy, previous fight song Altaria. I suppose by your standard though the new Diancie is horrible as well, cant even power itself up and needs THREE fighting energy to attack!!

Speaking about the card itself. Atleast Altaria can stack with other Altarias, and power itself, turning that dce attach to 40, up to 100 with a full line-up of them. If you add in choice band and ravaged wastelands or whatever it was called you can bump that up to 140. That being said, it is supposed to be a full support card. While I wish it had a bit more hp, it already has more hp and better attack cost compared to the older one, and that one saw plenty of play with other dragons (mainly garchomp).

It's irritating how specific the circumstance is for Zinnia. Specifically basic, from your hand, AND only after your pokemon is knocked out makes it a dead card most of the time. But it can make some pokemon, such as Ultra Necrozma, excellent revenge killers.

Back