News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Feb 21, 2017.

1. AshCo Ladies' Man Extraordinaire
    AshCo

Can they just quit Rainbow Rares already? There's only ever been one good one, Machamp. They all just look so...Stupid Honestly. They're really lazy. Just...Come on Pokemon. Fix your stuff. The full arts? They're not the best either. I really hate the blue borders and I especially hate the mono-color background relying on mere texture to make it look nice. If they're making Full Arts they better either do it right, like in the BW era, or just not do them at all.

I like Lucario. Too bad we don't have Broken Time-Space.

2. Beat Aspiring Trainer
    Beat

To remove this effect (from ability) we can use Hex Maniac before it evolves or Pokemon Ranger on our turn, right?

Elray likes this.
  3. RYesse Aspiring Trainer
    RYesse

I noticed we are getting a bunch of when this Pokémon evolves effects

4. NeoRaikou Aspiring Trainer
    NeoRaikou

I'd have to agree, both the full art variations are super boring that I don't even attempt to collect them anymore. HOWEVER, a rainbow rare Ho-Oh would be really fitting... it even fits Necrozma's theme and concept quite quite nicely in my opinion, with it being the "Prism Pokemon" n' all... light, rainbows.

5. Nathan H Aspiring Trainer
    Nathan H

I'm honestly surprised no one has mentioned the synergy of this with Breakthrough Gengar for easy knockouts on anything you want, given a turn.

6. Javi Blizz Spanish TCG Player
    Javi Blizz

The main problem is that they're both Stage 2. That's maybe why no one mentioned it before.

7. Mr. Rhyperior The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
    Mr. Rhyperior

• Lucario - I already said this before, so I don't mentioned it again. Good thing Ranger can't stop 1-turn Immunity and a epic artwork. 2-3 Geodudes

8. BraviaryBoi Anonymus
    BraviaryBoi

Porygon and lucario are both going to be prerelease promos I'm calling it

9. HA559 Aspiring Trainer
    HA559

5 star artwork!

10. Victory Victini Securing the win
    Victory Victini

Lucario's ability is very similar to a pokepower on Lucario lvl X!

Plus the artwork is pretty cool.

[​IMG]

Hemos likes this.
  11. Swampert Full Art Aspiring Trainer
    Swampert Full Art

I thought it said full art Marill

Elray likes this.
  12. AuraJackle Aspiring Trainer
    AuraJackle

Nope ranger only removes effects of attacks

13. Seng vang Svang20
    Seng vang

Advanced Member Member

This is a good ability

14. Ilir Nikqi Aspiring Trainer
    Ilir Nikqi

Even better when Lysandre rotates

15. Omarphylax Aspiring Trainer
    Omarphylax

1. No, the opponent must play the pokemon to use the ability.
    2. Not sure, but could be. It says "any player", but also says "from his hand onto his bench", so we'll have to wait how it behaves in PTCGO.

16. Elray Aspiring Trainer
    Elray

Imagine a shiny Azumarill-GX

17. I feel like many people have already stated this, but I want to put my opinion out there. I hate Sun and Moon Rainbows and Full Arts, at least compared to other full arts. Rainbows just seem like a way to milk more money out of people and make Secret Rare lists harder to fill. The background almost always is the same color as the Pokemon itself, i.e Espeon GX, and if not it just isn't colorful either way. Where are the colorful Full Arts I know? Professor Sycamore, Volcanion, Pokemon Ranger, and more better represent those beautiful textured pieces of cardboard than the Sun and Moon full arts do.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Zeno likes this.
  18. Zeno The Wanderer
    Zeno

So are they just hitting the check boxes for all of the popular Pokemon for Burning Shadows/around Burning Shadows Release?

Anyway, Lucario's ability looks really cool. Of course, it could always be knocked away with Guzma or Lysandre, but that's your opponents supporter for the turn. You could also use Devolution Spray to combo with it. Really wish the attack had a better cost though. Three Fighting Energy to attack seems a bit much, but that's the same as most Stage 1s regular attack damage.

19. thflame Aspiring Trainer
    thflame

We get Guzma when Lucario comes out. We will still be able to work around Lucario.

20. Hemos The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
    Hemos

Man, that's made me feel old - Lucario LV X was one of the first decks I ran when I got back into Pokémon from Yu-Gi-Oh!

Victory Victini likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 11 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?