News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I run stall decks. This will be hands down, the toughest to stall against because: Max potion gets locked, no return to your something supporter cards from the early XY era, and 50 damage with no legal rough seas. I'd have to get an alolan ninetales (also from the upcoming set) up and running in the blink of an eye. Although Lunala is pretty tough to stall against, but given the fact that I beat one. Alright Noivern, you cut some work out for me.
You could always run Marowak (FAC)

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
This kind of attacker is not so overpowered in my honest opinion, compared to things with Abilities like Vileplume (and Trev in expanded). Besides, DDE is rotating in August, so this will likely see little play. Still a very solid card though! It's GX attack is not to be ignored: better than Vikavolt's, in my opinion, which is a Stage 2 that hits 60 to all your opp.'s Bench for 4 energy as opposed to a Stage 1 that hits 50 to all your opp.'s Pokemon for 3 energy.

SceptileSquad

Leaf Blade!
GXs in Burning Shadows
  • Tapu Fini GX
  • Darkrai GX
  • Machamp GX
  • Salazzle GX
  • Ho-oh GX
  • Necrozma GX
  • Charizard GX
  • Marshadow GX??!
  • Noivern GX
8 or 9/12 revealed. Who do you think the other 3 or 4?

I reckon there will be an Alolan Muk-GX.

Also, I hope they don't make noibat good so this can be brought out turn 1 or something

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
What if you use this card with Eeveelutions?

Huh Huh just kiddin'
We all know that the EVO Porygon is better that Eeveelutions:rolleyes:

MachMechs

Aspiring Trainer
I'm betting DDE get a reprint then. Almost has to in order to keep Dragon type somewhat competetive. Without it they're done for with all the weird attachk costs. I could totally see this with BKP Garb and Hammers. Item-lock, ability-lock, and energy denial sprinkled on top. Yikes.

NinJamezor

We love Huntail
With only two S&M sets at the time (Burning Shadows having a September release), I can't forsee them doing a rotation this time around, at least not a full one.
Burning Shadows is coming out in August, and will be legal for Worlds.

Marcelo Pedrosa

Aspiring Trainer
This card makes want to play again.

I'll play with one or two Trashalanche Garbodor so when my opponent Sycamore away all its unused itens I can sweep with that awesome Trashbag.

dlenh

Aspiring Trainer
First things that came to mind were High Flight (20x item card in opponent's hand) Noctowl from BreakThrough and Poltergeist (30x trainer card in opponent's hand) Trevenant from Guardians Rising.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
This card is too slow and will not survive in the new Araquanid/Meowth meta.

Match-up vs Araquanid: bad. Araquanid can power up T1 and stop Noivern GX from being able to attach any Energy it needs to be able to attack. Araquanid is also dealing 30 damage a turn, so anyone playing Noivern *has* to have something on the bench to switch out, or Araquanid will kill Noivern GX in 8 turns, and net *two* prizes.

Match-up vs Meowth: even worse. Meowth, paired w/Victini, has a better than 50% chance of Paralysing Noivern. That means Noivern can't retreat, either. Pair it with Hammers and you have a sitting duck. Meowth gets 2 prizes in 20 turns.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
DDE better not get a reprint. I'd quite the game if it did. I'm just sick and tired of these locking abilities.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Awesome that we got some more information super early. The card though, not so awesome. I mean, I know it's only a mid-stage evolution but what is the point of that attack? It can only attack Pokemon with a maximum of 90HP or less and if the Pokemon has more that 50HP, it becomes a 2HKO. Why nerf something that'll never see play to begin with? The art isn't anything to comment on.

RadleyMadish

You see this? It's Alolan Wooper, I just know it.
Wow, the set symbol is beautiful. That's an interesting attack concept that I haven't seen before.

Last edited:

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Burning Shadows is coming out in August, and will be legal for Worlds.

I dunno where I was hearing that Burning Shadows is in September then ^^;

Either way, three S&M sets, not really enough to go into a rotation. (Though granted, the last time they went without a rotation was when Diamond & Pearl sets were still around)