News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

SucyX

A Legit Seed
Mew is pretty good. It's like Xerneas from XY base but for any energy. The problems is that the HP is terrible and the attack requires a psychic energy.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Marshadow seems amazing with Shaymin EX rotating

It seems decent. Shuffling and drawing to 4 isn't nearly as good as drawing to 6, especially in the combo-centric decks that would most appreciate more draw power.

I could totally see some kind of turbo deck in expanded maybe using it since it's only 1 prize or some other reason, but in standard I don't think there are gonna be decks that need draw power THAT badly.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
I'm really hoping the Shining cards are on nice paper. There are way too many Rainbow Rares for me to collect, but I can do a couple of cool-looking Shining Pokémon. Either way, Mew is very powerful and I don't think a lot of people are giving it enough credit. Enhanced Hammer may very well sneak into a couple of decks as a one-of to combat this attack.

GoldenYungoos

A shiny Yungoos appeared!
Is anyone else thinking the same thing as me? This marshadow could be a post rotation shaymin, although we do have tapu lele, this thing gets us a consistent 4 cards and only gives up 1 prize.

DarkTapu

Aspiring Trainer
I don't mind having a mewtwo GX as long as it is different and interesting. Not just a raw power card something technical that is hard to play to fit in with Mewtwo being a mastermind.

AquaDragon82

The Canadian Gamer
Unfortunately, Shining Arceus just seems like a slightly worse Promo Tapu Koko (10 more damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon, but for an extra Double Colorless Energy). However, it's still a really cool collector's item that I would love to own and the ability is an interesting replacement for Mr. Mime. And who knows, maybe there'll be a card that will make this more viable?

TheRealBro..

This SM4 set is getting better and better. Can't help but think of Neo Destiny with these Secret Rare cards, assuming they'll be in the English set of course. If they're not I'm filing a complaint.

On another note; would the inclusion of this shiny Arceus card have anything to do with Arceus coming out second in the most popular Pokemon poll in Japan?

MorningSTAR1337

Aspiring Trainer
Seems interesting. The expensive cost of Ultimate Arrow means that Arceus is best suited as the core of a deck rather than a tech (and that it would be overall weak in comparison to other deck namesake cards).

I wonder if the Shining cards will be for Legendaries with "known" shinies (like Diancie, Deoxys, etc) or if there will be special events for them?

Tails19950

Aspiring Trainer
I mean, I like it, I just think the shining version of God deserves a better card, even artwork wise too