News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Anyone else a little disappointed that it's not just mythical Pokemon who got shinings, prior to today we knew of Arceus, Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi (all mythical). Hopefully they have low pull rates

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone else a little disappointed that it's not just mythical Pokemon who got shinings, prior to today we knew of Arceus, Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi (all mythical). Hopefully they have low pull rates

Do you think Ho-oh is a mythical pokemon or did you just miss that one?

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
I'm a big fan of Kagemaru's artwork. Her art is timeless and I will always find pleasure in seeing her work still finding a place in the TCG after all these years. You can tell when she draws a card because of her unique, soft, watercolor-like style. Very refreshing to see after 5Ban garbage being shoved down our throats haha

FullArtGardevoir

7/21/90 - 1/9/21
Really disappointed in Entei Gx
Shaymin is making a come-back
A bit harder to use unless paired with Marshadow GX and add damage to an attack like Plus Power (Expanded) or Fighting Furry Belt and or Choice Band (Standard)

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
It's still a shining pokemon. Whether or not it's a promo isn't really important. They proved with the promo that not all shining pokemon would be mythical.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
It's still a shining pokemon. Whether or not it's a promo isn't really important. They proved with the promo that not all shining pokemon would be mythical.
1. I thought my original comment said the only Shinings in the set are Mythical 2. Sometimes they do unique things with promos :/

Kontoleon

Aspiring Trainer
You can literally put every Psychic Pokemon next to Garb, and every comparison ends the same way: "Not as good as Garb."[/QUOTE]

Really? i disagree with you. Is some psychip pokemon with no weakness to psyhic. Gardevoit GX, is the best example, Dusknoir is the 2nd one. (ok this is anyway not great), lele no weakness(is psychic)
Marchadow GX is a fighting but is weak to psychic.

I get your point. All the weakness to psychip must be really good to alive in this set.

MorningSTAR1337

Aspiring Trainer
would anyone use pokemon breeder?

That card does have niche applications, but the problem is the HP restored is a bit too low.

Okay the actual problem is that the card is an inversion of Kukui, but to my knowledge, Kukui was used to be the tip of an iceberg. A card to use to specifically help get a oneshot in with cards such as Choice Band and for some decks Lurantis. There aren't cards based on Leftovers (which restore HP on a turn by turn basis) or Shell Bell (restores HP based on Damage taken, though there are attacks that operate similarly), but there are attacks based off disposable healing items like potions (not to mention that decks like Garbodor make such cards risky. At least equipped items need to have a pokemon KO'd or a Field Blower first before Trashalance turns it against the player). Put simply Healing tactics are either under-supported or work differently from the "build up damage as much as possible" style that would necessitate this kind of card.

With that said Breeder does have some uses. But is rather situational because it requires the opponent to only be able to decrease HP down to 10 after the card's use while KO'ing otherwise. The 1 Supporter a turn rule also works against Breeder as it introduced an opportunity cost where it isn't worth it because the Kalos kids (Tierno and Shauna) offer more cards, N and Sycamore offers way more cards and Kukui adds damage while other supporters search out certain cards.

Teenyvictini

Aspiring Trainer
How interesting! A zoroark GX is sure to catch fans eyes, lets hope its good! Maybe it can keep the attributes that made it so good in today's format! :D